App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
How many days to get approved for ope? Just linked it today. Got aor last saturday. Do they need medical first? .
Medicals not required for OWP, though if you've completed medicals before OWP is approved, the restriction on working in certain fields (ex. jobs involving children) should be lifted.

Reactions: dj0010

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
Medicals not required for OWP, though if you've completed medicals before OWP is approved, the restriction on working in certain fields (ex. jobs involving children) should be lifted.
got my medical 3 yrs ago when i had my student..after that no more. i will be working as a nurse. Hope i can get approval soon.

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Ugh, waiting for my work visa to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm expecting not to have any updates for a couple months now. I really hope everyone in this thread stays active for the whole process. The waiting game continues lol.

How long does it take to proceed from the check to passed?
I had my medical on 20-3 and passed on 30-3.

Reactions: suga and mrowkamb16

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Ugh, waiting for my work visa to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm expecting not to have any updates for a couple months now. I really hope everyone in this thread stays active for the whole process. The waiting game continues lol.

Good Stuff. So hope it won't be long for next step... cross fingers

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hi we had exactly the same situation. Just for missing 155 fee.
Apparently we moved out of Alberta las week and therefore we updated new info on web form. The day after, returned package was in mail box. So i called cic and the agent advised me to complete a new form and include a explanation letter. Apparently marriage certificate and passport copy and current status doc copy was missing when they returned it. So we just put all those supporting docs again and just sent it on Friday. Fingers crossed for both of our resubmission!!
Why they had to ask you to complete a new form? Or maybe because you moved to another province? I did not change any forms. Just settled the missing payment and sent it back right away. Yes same case here the passport and marriage certificate was missing. So I just reprinted and reattached a new copy, just to make it complete when received.

I couldn't find any answers whether there were same cases as we are now, who could tell how long did they have to wait after resubmission. Some say it'll be after some weeks, some say it'll be back to the long que And have to wait another 4 months again. But our case was different it has been received in January so they must finish their 4 months commitment regardless. Coz we tried our best to resubmit as fast as we can. The payment issue is something that could be settled through email and providing link for payment. So Cpc can immediately finish our cases and move to another one. So frustrating.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
I am trying not to check this forum too often the progress of others who got their owp approvals with the same month of submission is absolutely nerve racking! It feels good to know others are moving forward. But if you are in my situation and waiting game never ends its so frustrating and depressing. Hope they make it faster for us, all we want is to work while waiting for the PR. If we are all busy at work then they can take some more time working on the process hahahaha.

Guys please share if somebody here resubmitted an owp app and got approval after some time.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Hey everyone.. I know this is not completely related to the topics above but I have a very intriguing question.
I have a valid study permit until July 31, 2019.
I got approved for OWP and have it valid until March, 2021.
If I wanted to take an online course, can I do it since my study permit is still valid for 4 months more?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Why they had to ask you to complete a new form? Or maybe because you moved to another province? I did not change any forms. Just settled the missing payment and sent it back right away. Yes same case here the passport and marriage certificate was missing. So I just reprinted and reattached a new copy, just to make it complete when received.

I couldn't find any answers whether there were same cases as we are now, who could tell how long did they have to wait after resubmission. Some say it'll be after some weeks, some say it'll be back to the long que And have to wait another 4 months again. But our case was different it has been received in January so they must finish their 4 months commitment regardless. Coz we tried our best to resubmit as fast as we can. The payment issue is something that could be settled through email and providing link for payment. So Cpc can immediately finish our cases and move to another one. So frustrating.
I am in a different situation but figured I'll chip in.

I submitted my PR + OWP in December (dec 14th applicant) but was out of status with a restoration application already submitted. The first agent told me I could submit the OWP on it's own since I had a restoration app in progress.

Fast forward to late January, visitor status granted for max of 6 months.

I was curious and called IRCC last week and spoke to 2 separate agents regarding my initial OWP app.

The first agent said my OWP processing time will be treated from the Dec 14th receipt date.

The next day I called and was told my OWP will BEGIN the "4" month period from the day I restored my status, late January.

So who knows what you should believe; I know these agents probably only have as much knowledge as this forum does!

I am hoping we get our OWPs processed in a similarly timed fashion as these January applicants, < 3 months..but I am expecting the worst at that 117 day open work permit processing time.

Like i said, different than you fellows but similar in a way.

P.S. I am watching this thread because I am considering my OWP "received" January 27th

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Hey everyone.. I know this is not completely related to the topics above but I have a very intriguing question.
If I wanted to take an online course, can I do it since my study permit is still valid for 4 months more?
You can if the duration of studies does not pass the expiration date. You can apply for an extension too.

Reactions: RiyaAc

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
You dont need a study permit for online courses anyway. Only to attend an educational institution and only if the course is longer than 6 months total duration, not just the section youre doing, so yes you're fine.

Reactions: RiyaAc

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016

gants888

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019

Same here! Waiting for work permit to arrive in mail box! It is good to stay active...agree that the waiting game is NO FUN!!!
Will have my medical check today! and hopefully everything goes well!