+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I just checked using receipt number and nothing unless I’m doing it wrong ours was received on the 2nd of January
Naturally itll take a little time for other people, but im just saying that soon you should get some news :). Everyone varies with when they get news within about a week of others

Reactions: Hereshoping77

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
No not yet. Mine was received January 28
They may be able to see their application but I was able to see my application soon after they got it. It means nothing except that they got it in the mail.... I'm a January 2nd and no AOR yet.....

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Yeah, I checked that post. They are in the same position as me. I can check ecas because I already have a UCI through my visitor records. That's all it is....

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah, I checked that post. They are in the same position as me. I can check ecas because I already have a UCI through my visitor records. That's all it is....
You brought that up and I noticed I have a UCI as well from my study permit. I didnt notice this when I was applying for the spousal sponsorship so I didnt include it in my app. Do you think I can give it to them later? Hopefully lol. Nonetheless I tried to log onto ecas with it and it didnt work, do I need to add the dashes in it?

Reactions: Krysse

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
You brought that up and I noticed I have a UCI as well from my study permit. I didnt notice this when I was applying for the spousal sponsorship so I didnt include it in my app. Do you think I can give it to them later? Hopefully lol. Nonetheless I tried to log onto ecas with it and it didnt work, do I need to add the dashes in it?
Nevermind, I found the answer on CIC website, says it shouldnt be an issue, and I assume it wont especially since I sent a copy of my study permit (which has the UCI # on it) with the application package. this is what it says on the website:

This eight or ten digit number looks like this: 0000-0000 or 00-0000-0000.

Look for this number on:

• letters we sent you
  • your immigration document such as a PR card, study or work permit
If you do not have any of these documents but want to fill out an application form, you can leave the field for UCI (Client ID) blank.

If you have not dealt with us since 1973, you will not have a UCI or a Client ID.

Reactions: Krysse

K3nda

Oct 3, 2018
Nova Scotia
I have asked about leaving the country once we recieve the OWP but the answer was, once the application is in process for inland I can not.

What I may suggest is ask if you can renew your passport from your country's embassy here in Canada, so you can apply for extension of visa, until you get the OWP.

Thank you for answering my question but what if i had to leave ? my embassy requirement to renew a passport can be very difficult overseas and i dont want to stay with an expired travel document. so what if i had to leave for a short period of time ?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Thank you for answering my question but what if i had to leave ? my embassy requirement to renew a passport can be very difficult overseas and i dont want to stay with an expired travel document. so what if i had to leave for a short period of time ?
Which country is it? If there is an embassy here, it might be easier for you to do it through the embassy than travel back.

Krysse

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Honestly, they probably already have it and the reason you aren't in ecas is they haven't joined the cases yet because they haven't officially received your file.... So they