+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if I am correctly posting here.
I have applied for my pr through spousal sponsorship. Based upon respond from Canada post, it was received on January 16.
I have a question. I asked for a Canada express post plus signature which should make it a courier service. But the lady ( working there) said we don’t have a courier service in Canada.
So, I sent it to the normal address which means they only delivered it. Canada post said it was delivered by a large delivery room.
So, does anyone have heard or had same experience here? Does my mail get lost using this address? Your answers and help would greatly appreciate.
By the way it was inland
As far as I understand from talking to the Post Office, Express Post is just a 'faster' way of sending, but it is still Canada Post – not a courier. That means that the package can be delivered to a PO Box, which is what they have at Mississauga. So, the post office said that if we were using any of Canada Post's services, including Express Post, we should use the Canada Post mailing address. And we did.

The only part that was unclear to us when we sent the package was whether we should request a signature; we weren't sure if there would actually be anyone at the PO Box to sign for the package, or whether the location was just an unsupervised 'cold drop'. In the end, we decided to request a signature, and we received one (from 'S Wong). I asked in an earlier post, and a couple of of other members who requested signatures received that same signed name on their package too.

I'm not sure if this is how it works for all applications (maybe the signatory is not always available?) but that is how it worked for us.

Last edited:

Spouse.Canada

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. Well, I have sent the application to the following address with required signature.

CPC-Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4

However, there was no one for signing, but based upon Canada post I talked to, they said it was delivered by a large delivery room.
The issue starts from the fact that you have no clue of the your application destiny. And you only have to wait. It costs too much time. More than two month.
The bad thing is som stuff such as police certificate will be expired during this time.
We should only wait.....

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
The bad thing is some stuff such as police certificate will be expired during this time.
We should only wait.....
I am always loathe to quote the phone-line agent, since their advice doesn't always seem to line up with the case supervisor's, but we have the same problem with the Police Certificate expiring.

I was told by the phone-agent that the key thing is that the PC be valid when the applicant left the country and entered Canada. If the applicant has...
1) Not left Canada since their arrival (and not returned to the country that issued the PC),
2) The PC expired after the date the applicant was admitted to Canada
...then, apparently, that is considered good enough.

I hope so. It would be a tough, long slog for us to get another, updated PC. And, as I said, this is just the advice/opinion of one agent, but their answer was very quick and assured, so I got the sense that it is a common question.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hello everyone!

I have been around on the forums and seen the google spreadsheet for 2018 applications, and the other threads are telling January applicants to prepare to recieve our AORs in the next couple of weeks, mostlikely starting next week for early January then onward into March.

Reactions: Barak85

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey again everybody!

I just got news that Ecas should be showing something for early January applicants soon! Within the next couple weeks you can try seeing your application status on ECAS.

Remember you will need the Reciept # (Usually Starts with an alphabetical letter) your surname, date of birth, etc to try to check your application status.

Furthermore, JoshC has provided a google sheet for us to put all our info for our applications. We can see each others progress and compare dates we recieve AOR compared to when IRCC recieved it. Remember to input your info into the January INLAND sponsorship page!

Spouse.Canada

Feb 19, 2019
Nice,

I did not link my application yet because I though I need some application number first to do this. Is that right? Or I can do it without any information from CIC?
Or email is good enough?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Nice,

I did not link my application yet because I though I need some application number first to do this. Is that right? Or I can do it without any information from CIC?
Or email is good enough?
You use the alphanumeric code from the reciept you got when you paid for your application. its usually 1 capital letter and a bunch of numbers (for example, mine begins with R)

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
A couple of people from January Outland were able to see their application status on Ecas today. They submitted the 2nd and 3rd of January, 2019. Any news from anyone here?

I know Krysse had a similar date when their application was recieved at missasagua.

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hi everyone.
My application was received on 30 January. I think I have to wait at least another 4 weeks for my AOR. I will definitely post every update here.

Reactions: LightRose

Hereshoping77

Feb 15, 2019
A couple of people from January Outland were able to see their application status on Ecas today. They submitted the 2nd and 3rd of January, 2019. Any news from anyone here?

I know Krysse had a similar date when their application was recieved at missasagua.

I just checked using receipt number and nothing unless I’m doing it wrong ours was received on the 2nd of January

Reactions: Krysse