+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
I'm only trying to help, by sharing information with you. If you choose to focus on the semantics, you might have a huge problem on your hands.

Good luck...whatever you decide.
i am thankful for the info and did not mean to offend anyone.

was just trying to get more clarification. most of the wording used by cic is ambiguous. :( never know what they are gonna do.

milpan

Aug 13, 2013
2014 applicant

Hi I am still waiting for updates applied in 2014 for my parents no updates just status says we started processing your file in jun 2014 .. does anyone else have same status ir wating for 2014 applicants?

IvoryX

Dec 1, 2016
Ponga said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
(last updated 22 July 2016)

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are required to have legal immigration status in order to qualify under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Yet, the instructions for answering question 10 on IMM 0008, still says this:

For out-of-status applicants
:

Under “Status” select “Other”;
Under “Other” type in “Out of status, requires restoration”;
Leave the “From” and “To” boxes blank.
Ponga, I figured it out.
Public policy allows out-of-status applications under Inland spousal category.
Application guide 5289 emphasizes "Maintaining status", which means applicants should not allow their status go invalid.
They are 2 different things.

NavneetK____

Nov 14, 2018
Hey there,
I am getting out of status on sept 30 and I got married and he is a Canadian citizen . for some reasons I had to drop studies. I submitted my inland spousal sponsorship file on Aug 25th and also for Open work permit. I was on study permit before and now it’s getting expire in 10-12 days . Can someone tell me am I on implied status and would there be any problem on getting owp . Please help