+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rogerrandhawa said:
IvoryX said "Generally speaking, you can be sponsored under inland spousal sponsorship class if you are out of status because you overstayed for some reason. "

Ponga said "...the Inland Guide was updated in September of 2014 that now states that legal status is required to apply"

Is legal status required to apply for a Inland Spousal Sponsorship application? Please clarify
Guess you missed this part: ?

And, for the record...the Inland Guide was updated in September of 2014 that now states that legal status is required to apply, but since IP8 has not been updated to reflect this (nor has the Public Policy from February 2005 been repealed), I'm not sure why CIC made that change.

People continue to apply, without status, and are still being processed and approved.

canada1202

Dec 1, 2016
IvoryX said:
Ponga, it is incorrect that the inland spousal sponsorship applicant has to be in status before applying under this category.

As I have explained in my previous post, it is on page 64-65, in IP-8 under operational bulletins and manuals/publications. Check it out. It is not under the webpage of international mobility programs on the website.

It is important to clear this misunderstanding as a lot of people could benefit from knowing this.
Ivory
'

I was out of status when I applied for my inland application and owp at the same time. They didn't process it until my sponsor was approved. So, I had to wait for almost 17 months for my work permit. Bottom line is you're right inland sponsorship applicant doesn't necessarily have to be in status before applying under this category.

IvoryX

Dec 1, 2016
Ponga said:
Guess you missed this part: ?

And, for the record...the Inland Guide was updated in September of 2014 that now states that legal status is required to apply, but since IP8 has not been updated to reflect this (nor has the Public Policy from February 2005 been repealed), I'm not sure why CIC made that change.

People continue to apply, without status, and are still being processed and
Ponga, IP8 was last updated on may 15 2015, program delivery update on OWP under this category was made available o dec 17, 2015. They are the latest to my knowledge. I am not sure which inland guide from sep 2014 you referenced to "now the legal status is required to apply". Is there a newer version of anything? Can you clarify pls?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
IMM 5710 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5710E.pdf ) which is core to the OWP literally states in Box 3:

"
I am applying for one or more of the following:
- A work permit with the same employer
- Restoration of your status as a worker
- An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
- Temporary Resident Permit
"

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvoryX said:
Ponga, IP8 was last updated on may 15 2015, program delivery update on OWP under this category was made available o dec 17, 2015. They are the latest to my knowledge. I am not sure which inland guide from sep 2014 you referenced to "now the legal status is required to apply". Is there a newer version of anything? Can you clarify pls?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp
(last updated 22 July 2016)

Maintaining legal status

Spouses and common law partners of Canadian citizens and permanent residents in Canada who wish to apply for permanent resident status are required to have legal immigration status in order to qualify under the Spouse or Common-law partner in Canada class.

Yet, the instructions for answering question 10 on IMM 0008, still says this:

For out-of-status applicants
:

Under “Status” select “Other”;
Under “Other” type in “Out of status, requires restoration”;
Leave the “From” and “To” boxes blank.

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Hello every one , i got lots of information from this page , im going to applying for inland spousal sponsorship in january 2017 . i would like to know the how many application forms to be submitted , as im international student in canada and my wife is canadian PR , and how much time for OWP and how much time for PR and how much is the processing fees. thank you

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
hafeez syed said:
Hello every one , i got lots of information from this page , im going to applying for inland spousal sponsorship in january 2017 . i would like to know the how many application forms to be submitted , as im international student in canada and my wife is canadian PR , and how much time for OWP and how much time for PR and how much is the processing fees. thank you
You should do some reading first, what's your home country? Inland isn't always the best route to take.

Here's a link to IRCCs inland documents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

Then you'll need all your other proof documents, ID, police checks and maybe more depending on your country.

The base cost is $1040 + cost of work permit and work permit holder fee (total $255) , + cost of medical (around $300, depending where you are), police check etc. assuming it's just you, and you have no dependents.

hafeez syed

Nov 10, 2014
thank you very much , im indian citizen , living in canada with my wife , so im planning to send my documents to visa office in Mississagua , we got married in india and came back as our parents live their , we live together in toronto ,as i have checked the required documents and forms , i will be sending the application in jan 2017, how much time do you think will be for AIP and OWP , thank you

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
hafeez syed said:
thank you very much , im indian citizen , living in canada with my wife , so im planning to send my documents to visa office in Mississagua , we got married in india and came back as our parents live their , we live together in toronto ,as i have checked the required documents and forms , i will be sending the application in jan 2017, how much time do you think will be for AIP and OWP , thank you
AIP (inland) is ~16 mos. OWP is ~4 mos.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
AIP (inland) is ~16 mos. OWP is ~4 mos.
But CIC website shows that processing time for inland sponsorship is approx. 26 months.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, need some advice here.

My boy friend has a PGWP and the permit is expiring in 3 months. He is still in the express entry pool and it seems like there are no chances of getting an ITA.

I recently got my PR and I am thinking of getting married and sponsoring him. Now the issues are :

- we do not have time to go back home and perform all the religious ceremonies. we want to get married here and perform a civil ceremony.
- because he has only 3 months left on his WP, is it a good idea to get married now.
- how long will the Mississauga office take to approve the file.
- are we eligible to get an open WP for him after his current permit expires.

Any help would be appreciated. I am worried about the processing of the application and questions we might face.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
But CIC website shows that processing time for inland sponsorship is approx. 26 months.
AIP is not a completed file. AIP is only an acknowledgement that the PA meets eligibility requirements for PR under the family class in Canada. And the 26 months is actually in the process of being updated according to my MP's office. My last look at the stats from open.canada.ca was 22 months total processing time for inland.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pearl1 said:
Hi guys, need some advice here.

My boy friend has a PGWP and the permit is expiring in 3 months. He is still in the express entry pool and it seems like there are no chances of getting an ITA.

I recently got my PR and I am thinking of getting married and sponsoring him. Now the issues are :

- we do not have time to go back home and perform all the religious ceremonies. we want to get married here and perform a civil ceremony.
- because he has only 3 months left on his WP, is it a good idea to get married now.
- how long will the Mississauga office take to approve the file.
- are we eligible to get an open WP for him after his current permit expires.

Any help would be appreciated. I am worried about the processing of the application and questions we might face.
Just replied to your other post.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Just replied to your other post.
thanks !

is it 4 months from when the CIC receives the application or 4 months from when Mississauga office approves it.

What does Mississauga office do actually ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Pearl1 said:
is it 4 months from when the CIC receives the application or 4 months from when Mississauga office approves it.

What does Mississauga office do actually ?
~4 months from the day they receive the OWP application, with a completed inland PR application.

CPC-M does nearly all the processing for inland PR applications. Only in cases of excessive load (meaning other Case Processing Centres are required to help) or interview requests are cases in process sent out from CPC-M in the inland perspective. Once the case is complete, it will be sent to a local CIC office to have the landing interview conducted.