+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
So we also just received eligibility passed (AIP)! Now we just have to wait for background screening to be complete before we receive the landing letter. :)
Good luck everyone. The waiting game is pretty tough, and I wish everyone all the very best. I think once they actually START looking at your application and you don't have any missing documents, it all gets processed very quickly.

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
So we also just received eligibility passed (AIP)! Now we just have to wait for background screening to be complete before we receive the landing letter. :)
Good luck everyone. The waiting game is pretty tough, and I wish everyone all the very best. I think once they actually START looking at your application and you don't have any missing documents, it all gets processed very quickly.
congratulations :)

which office was processing your file? (must be somewhere in the email or letter)

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
sponsor-side: (application received):We started processing your application on February 11, 2019.

applicant-side:(processing): We sent PA correspondence on May 16, 2019. If PA has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have PA do so as soon as possible. Please wait until PA receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

For the PA its still showing the same message what you have STATED above but on the sponsor side it changed to DM. Apparently i was not aware that i can check the status of the PA by using their UCI number, last name, DOB, country of birth to see the status ........i was always using the my (Sponsor) information to check the status on ECAS... to be honest we can check both sponsor and PA separately

Reactions: pranavkapoorr

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Have u called to find out how far they have reached with ur bgcheck?
I called but all they could say was that they were processing background check nothing more......when asked specifically, they said they have time till 12 dec 2019 so there is still a lot of time left.

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019

For the PA its still showing the same message what you have STATED above but on the sponsor side it changed to DM. Apparently i was not aware that i can check the status of the PA by using their UCI number, last name, DOB, country of birth to see the status ........i was always using the my (Sponsor) information to check the status on ECAS... to be honest we can check both sponsor and PA separately
hahaha still its better to use sponsor's details as it will show both sides

Myroses

Feb 18, 2019
I called but all they could say was that they were processing background check nothing more......when asked specifically, they said they have time till 12 dec 2019 so there is still a lot of time left.
That’s what they told me and I pressed for more information and then he told me my security check was passed but they r still looking into my background. Not sure how much longer that’s gonna take

Prabh91

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I’m dec 12th applicant, bgcheck started on the 23rd of May but no updates. I call CIC just now and try told my file is in Vancouver BC. Funny, I live in Brampton.
ON.
Same case with me....mine is also in bc. Thats why its taking longer time i guess

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
I called in and the guy told regarding bgc that security completed on 22nd may, criminality check in process. Don't know how much time are they going to take to process that.

I asked the difference between security check and criminality check and guy said I cannot tell as it will be a breach to National Security. :eek:

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
December 21 applicant and we received our landing letter today! Same day as when we got AIP and SA.
Our landing interview will be on July 18 in the Etobicoke office. :)

Sangeertha

Jun 6, 2019
I called them several times. All the time they just tell that last note is that they received the last document I sent on 12 June and is under review. Regarding bgc they say it's going on and regarding eligibility check, it hasn't started yet.

Getting impatient now. :x
Hi , did you apply through PGP lottery system?

Sevenrainbows78

Jun 25, 2019
Category........
FAM
Dec 18 applicant. After medical completed on mar 2. Havent heard back anything.
Same here. Dec 18 applicant and completed medical on Mar 4. Haven’t heard since then. I’m getting really impatient as many who applied in December seem to either have received AIP or the landing interview invitation.