+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
I’m telling based on my experience.they asked for additional documents & it took around 30-40 days to review the documents in my case.
Keep in mind processing times differs for everyone.maybe you get PR in 4 months and i get after 6 months it depends on so many things.

toya

Mar 1, 2016
Hey guys
I applied dec 6
Got file number, medical request, medical received by them etc. May 7 they requested custody documents for my child outside Canada and gave 1 week to submit it. I submitted it may 9. Haven’t heard anything else. Just says application in process. Anyone knows what’s next or how long it takes for them to say they received the custody documents? Plz

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Timeline Update:
Application Received: Dec 19
AOR: Feb 21
OWP Resubmitted (due to insufficient fees): Feb 27
OWP Application Received: March 4th
MR received: Feb 21
Medical Done: Feb 27
Medical Passed: Mar 13
BGC Start: June 3rd
OWP Eligibility Review: June 3rd

OWP Approved: June 3rd.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
congratulations... can you please share your timeline?

I submitted the requested documents week before last week and that too a day before the deadline, since then haven't heard back anything and on ecas also the last message hasn't been updated yet. (requesting documents)
same here its showing (requesting documents) even though i provided all the information 2 days before the deadline. I called IRCC yesterday and they said they are reviewing my sponsorship eligibility now.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I submitted additional documents and only a few days later I received an e-mail confirmation from CIC and the status of my application on GCKey also changed to "We have received the additional documents you have provided". Does that mean they're going to contact me again once they review the documents?
After how many days did the status change to documents received ? or did you upload it online and the status changed to document received ?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thank you so much!
Here’s the timelime:
App received: Dec 5th
AOR: January 29th
OWP: Resubmitted Feb 5th
MR request: Feb 9th
MR completed: Feb 15th
MR passed: Feb 23rd
OWP approved: May 6th
OWP received in paper: May 13th
AIP: May 15th
Landing interview letter received:June 3rd

Normally it takes 30-40 days to review the additional documents provided
congrats this is promising

CassandraJE

Jun 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
I just got Eligibility passed letter and my GC key says we are reviewing eligibility requirements? What’s next? So exciting!

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
After how many days did the status change to documents received ? or did you upload it online and the status changed to document received ?
I got an e-mail confirmation for the inquiry I submitted and the status on GCKey also changed to "We have received the additional documents you provided". I think it took about 4-5 business days for them to confirm.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I got an e-mail confirmation for the inquiry I submitted and the status on GCKey also changed to "We have received the additional documents you provided". I think it took about 4-5 business days for them to confirm.
So you submitted an inquiry about the additional document that you send stating that you have submitted all the required documents. Did you submit the request by webform ?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
My question is can we submit a webform to IRCC asking about the status of the additional documents that i submitted. If i do so will my status change to documents received ?

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
My question is can we submit a webform to IRCC asking about the status of the additional documents that i submitted. If i do so will my status change to documents received ?
What happened to me is that I had to split my documents into eight separate inquiries (webforms on IRCC's website) because you can only upload up to 3.5 MB in each inquiry, and initially I only got a confirmation for the first one. Then, I submitted another inquiry explaining the situation and a few days later I received separate e-mail confirmations for all other inquiries.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
What happened to me is that I had to split my documents into eight separate inquiries (webforms on IRCC's website) because you can only upload up to 3.5 MB in each inquiry, and initially I only got a confirmation for the first one. Then, I submitted another inquiry explaining the situation and a few days later I received separate e-mail confirmations for all other inquiries.
you didn't send the documents via mail to the CPC office in Mississauga, ON ? You just uploaded it into Web form ? I was wondering how come you didn't upload the documents under GKEY ? In my case they asked me to submit all the document by mail which i did and i also uploaded all the documents under Gkey account , but still its showing we needs documents to process.. So just wondering if i send the documents via webform will that speed up the process ?

Last edited:

CassandraJE

Jun 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
My timeline so far:

Application Received: December 10th
AOR: February 14th
OWP Approved: March 27th
BGC started: May 1st
Medical request: May 7th
Medical done: May 18th