+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Congrats! It must feel so good and take a bit of stress off!

Nothing in the mail yet today for me :)
It feels so good to have decision Made on one application so far..Thanks
The wait is so hard & long but the result is sweet at the end...good luck to all other applicants who are waiting hope you all get good news soon.
You haven’t got in physical yet?any idea how long does it takes to come by mail?

77nn

Jan 30, 2019
Anyone know where I can find the IME number? They had originally posted medical passed without an actual medical exam being done and just sent us the letting asking for the medical exam. My spouse went to get it done today and they asked for the IME number which we never got.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Anyone know where I can find the IME number? They had originally posted medical passed without an actual medical exam being done and just sent us the letting asking for the medical exam. My spouse went to get it done today and they asked for the IME number which we never got.
Log into your GKEY account you would have got an email its a PDF file which says medical request and that form will have IME number

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hi everyone... Dec 12 applicant...

Sent: 10th Dec
Received: Dec 12
AOR: Feb 12
Medical Request: Feb 19
Medical Done: Feb 24
OWP approved: Feb 28
OWP received: Mar 3

Ecas last update was medical results received.... first week of March.... No update after that.

Called IRCC (automated) ->

Eligibility check hasn't started
Medical Passed
fingerprints not required
additional documents not required
interview not required.

(no notes on the file) called today

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hi everyone... Dec 12 applicant...

Sent: 10th Dec
Received: Dec 12
AOR: Feb 12
Medical Request: Feb 19
Medical Done: Feb 24
OWP approved: Feb 28
OWP received: Mar 3

Ecas last update was medical results received.... first week of March.... No update after that.

Called IRCC (automated) ->

Eligibility check hasn't started
Medical Passed
fingerprints not required
additional documents not required
interview not required.

(no notes on the file) called today
My case is the same i applied on Dec 17/2018 - Last update medical passes

Based on the whats up group background check started for a Dec 10/2018 applicant so you should see an update sometime by end of this month

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
My case is the same i applied on Dec 17/2018 - Last update medical passes

Based on the whats up group background check started for a Dec 10/2018 applicant so you should see an update sometime by end of this month
Yes fingers crossed. The IRCC guy kept pushing that you have to be patient as it will take 12 months.

Around what time shall we expect or PR in our hand so that atleast we can fly outside Canada for a short trip?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Yes fingers crossed. The IRCC guy kept pushing that you have to be patient as it will take 12 months.

Around what time shall we expect or PR in our hand so that atleast we can fly outside Canada for a short trip?
The issue for inland applicants is that they cannot travel back home while being here on OWP since that document is only to work here legally its not a travel document i understand your frustration ......even my wife wants to travel back home to visit her family but she cant. My question is since she still has a valid visitor visa which is valid until 2022 can she travel and come back to Canada again on a visitor status ? if she does that does she lose her OWP status ? One of my friend who did that got a warning by the CBSA officer but its frustrating for the applicant that they are struck here on OWP with no jobs or not able to travel back home and come back ...Sometimes i feel i should have done a outland application...

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
The issue for inland applicants is that they cannot travel back home while being here on OWP since that document is only to work here legally its not a travel document i understand your frustration ......even my wife wants to travel back home to visit her family but she cant. My question is since she still has a valid visitor visa which is valid until 2022 can she travel and come back to Canada again on a visitor status ? if she does that does she lose her OWP status ? One of my friend who did that got a warning by the CBSA officer but its frustrating for the applicant that they are struck here on OWP with no jobs or not able to travel back home and come back ...Sometimes i feel i should have done a outland application...
This is exactly what I think sometimes. Its even worse for me as I am in two boats... settlement process for the UK and inland PR here. I have to fly back to the UK to extend my visa there before september. I wish we should be given PR by then :/

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019

This is exactly what I think sometimes. Its even worse for me as I am in two boats... settlement process for the UK and inland PR here. I have to fly back to the UK to extend my visa there before september. I wish we should be given PR by then :/
Well i hope we all get the PR before Sep 2019 but this paragraph which states on the GKEY status bar i don't like it " You may not hear from us for a little while ,this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion dates " Does that mean we need to wait until Dec 2019 ? I think the whole point about adding this status bar to the application is that you dont call IRCC and ask the same question when will i get my PR they will argue what does your status bar show 7 month remaining then dont call us "

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Well i hope we all get the PR before Sep 2019 but this paragraph which states on the GKEY status bar i don't like it " You may not hear from us for a little while ,this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion dates " Does that mean we need to wait until Dec 2019 ? I think the whole point about adding this status bar to the application is that you dont call IRCC and ask the same question when will i get my PR they will argue what does your status bar show 7 month remaining then dont call us "
yeah that's just the what the guy asked me in first place....but I dun have access to GCKEY as I have a representative appointed...
Hopefully by end of august we ll be good. :)

Nov 8, 2018
My wife got her eligibility passed today.We are December 6th 2018 applicants.

I have a question: When my wife got her open work permit, she also got a new ETA number to go with it. The letter said:

"A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada
by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your
permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit
renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get
a new eTA."

They are clearly saying we can travel now on this new ETA number. Am I reading that right? We are planning on going for two weeks out of Canada in the first week of June. It seems like we can given she has an updated ETA number and the letter says that. We are okay to leave and come back after two weeks right?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
My wife got her eligibility passed today.We are December 6th 2018 applicants.

I have a question: When my wife got her open work permit, she also got a new ETA number to go with it. The letter said:

"A study or work permit is not a travel document. To allow you to travel to or re-enter Canada
by air only, we have issued you an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) when we issued your
permit extension. Your eTA is linked to the passport that you used to apply for your permit
renewal. You must travel with this same passport. If you get a new passport, you will need to get
a new eTA."

They are clearly saying we can travel now on this new ETA number. Am I reading that right? We are planning on going for two weeks out of Canada in the first week of June. It seems like we can given she has an updated ETA number and the letter says that. We are okay to leave and come back after two weeks right?
You are allowed to leave Canada during your inland application.

You must meet all requirements to be allowed back into Canada.

No where does it say you aren't allowed to leave. Obviously dont go for more than 2 weeks as they will ask why are you leaving.

I have not seen of anyone having issues returning to Canada. The OWP is just another document solidifying your intents and your story.

No one can guarantee that you will 110% be let back in but it is different for everyone

Reactions: haroonahmedalvi