+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Do you need to prove the date of entering to Canada, even if you have been holding a study permit and that is why you entered Canada and is still in Canada?
Probably not. As long as they know you have valid status it’s ok. Our case is a visitor visa. What is your timeline ?

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Yes could be. The problem with ours was that my husbands passport didn’t have a stamp upon entry so we attached a ticket to show his entry date, but unfortunately they didn’t put that information in the file and could not determine he was in status when we applied.
I called them today. And guess what, they said I was out of status! Unbelievable! They told me to upload the page of my passport with the stamp, which, I already submitted to them along with the application. And they'll get back to me after a month. D*mn it!

Last edited:

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Probably not. As long as they know you have valid status it’s ok. Our case is a visitor visa. What is your timeline ?
What option in the webform did you choose to upload your documents? Is it Temporary Residence (applied by mail)?

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
I called them today. And guess what, they said I was out of status! Unbelievable! They told me to upload the page of my passport with the stamp. And they'll get back to me after a month. D*mn it!
This sounds like that freaking "Implied status" no really matters, wow, I might be in the same situation with my OWP, however there is no option to upload any document to prove I was still not out of status when I re-sent my OWP app, it really sucks!!!! I guess I will have to call them, otherwise no option to upload any document is available at the moment.

Last edited:

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
This sounds like that freaking "Implied status" no really matters, wow, I might be in the same situation with my OWP, however there is no option to upload any document to prove I was still not out of status when I re-sent my OWP app, it really sucks!!!! I guess I will have to call them, otherwise no option to upload any document is available at the moment.
If you already have the application number, you can use the webform to upload documents. It takes about a week for them to reply. If you don't, better to call them.

Webform Link:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I don't know why they tagged me as out of status. I sent them the page of my passport with the stamp of when I entered Canada. Clearly, I was still within 6mons of my stay when they received my application.

Last edited:

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
If you already have the application number, you can use the webform to upload documents. It takes about a week for them to reply. If you don't, better to call them.

Webform Link:

I don't know why they tagged me as out of status. I sent them the page of my passport with the stamp of when I entered Canada. Clearly, I was still within 6mons of my stay when they received my application.
Will do, I thought this was doable from GCKey.
Thanks

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Will do, I thought this was doable from GCKey.
Thanks
GCKEY is only for new online application and a way for them to communicate with the applicant. All updates, inquiry, amendments etc from the applicants are done via webform.

But before you upload any document, better to call them first to know for sure what really caused the delay.

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
I called them today. And guess what, they said I was out of status! Unbelievable! They told me to upload the page of my passport with the stamp, which, I already submitted to them along with the application. And they'll get back to me after a month. D*mn it!
I’m sorry to hear that! This is exactly what happened to us as well. We had sent our airline ticket because there is no stamp on the passport. We also had to resend it using webform. it has been 2 weeks now, and nothing yet! They take no responsibility, it’s like they don’t care

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Hello Everyone

I have a general question I applied for inland sponsorship application in Dec 2018 and I got my AOR in Feb 15/2019 and my wife completed the medical on Feb 25/2019. OWP was approved on March 2/2019 and my wife got her OWP on March 6/2019 in the mail.

Since the OWP application was getting delayed I applied for visitor visa extension in Feb 2019 since she was here on visitor visa that application was never reviewed by IRCC but they gave her OWP

I have 3 Questions

1. Since my wife got the OWP for 2 years is that means her status has changed from visitor to worker status?

2. At the bottom of the work permit it states “TEMPORARY RESIDENT STATUS MAINTAINED AS PER R183(6). PENDING FC APR

(Does that mean she doesn’t need visitor visa extension and now her status has changed to worker and her temporary resident status is maintained?

I believe FC APR mean Family class application (Sponsorship application) decision still pending

3. What happened with the visitor visa extension application? I never got a decision letter about that application

Can someone help me

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Yes could be. The problem with ours was that my husbands passport didn’t have a stamp upon entry so we attached a ticket to show his entry date, but unfortunately they didn’t put that information in the file and could not determine he was in status when we applied.
Even I didn’t get a stamp on my passport when i arrived in canada.so do i need to send my ticket too?they didn’t ask or tell me anything regarding that when i called them.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I’m sorry to hear that! This is exactly what happened to us as well. We had sent our airline ticket because there is no stamp on the passport. We also had to resend it using webform. it has been 2 weeks now, and nothing yet! They take no responsibility, it’s like they don’t care
Did you get any response at all? Any email from CIC confirming they passed it on??
They'll get back to you in a month or your OWP will be processed in a month? I guess you dont know

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019

Webform Link:

Are you on 6 months visa or do you have ETA?

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Even I didn’t get a stamp on my passport when i arrived in canada.so do i need to send my ticket too?they didn’t ask or tell me anything regarding that when i called them.
They need proof of entry date if you are on a visitor visa. Did the agent check the notes on your file?