+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Anyone else here who still waiting for the approval of their OWP?

I'm a January applicant and I think all of January applicants except me already got their OWP.

Just want to know if there's someone here who is also with the same boat as me.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Anyone else here who still waiting for the approval of their OWP?

I'm a January applicant and I think all of January applicants except me already got their OWP.

Just want to know if there's someone here who is also with the same boat as me.
I am awaiting approval but was out of status and regained status January 25th.

So my countdown started January and am still waiting. You are still not in the 3-4 month time frame. It is normal for people to get approved exactly 4 months from date of submission. Were you able to link it? Was it returned?

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
I am awaiting approval but was out of status and regained status January 25th.

So my countdown started January and am still waiting. You are still not in the 3-4 month time frame. It is normal for people to get approved exactly 4 months from date of submission. Were you able to link it? Was it returned?
No, It wasn't returned. I was able to link it a week after AOR.
It's just a bit frustrating because March applicants are starting to get their OWP approved.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
No, It wasn't returned. I was able to link it a week after AOR.
It's just a bit frustrating because March applicants are starting to get their OWP approved.
Okay. Yes I know it is super frustrating. When did your app get received initially?

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
It was received Jan 23. Have you tried calling IRCC? Will it help if I call them?
You can try calling them,probably you will get an answer “your application is under process “
This waiting process is quite frustrating,but it’s the only thing we have to do with patience.

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
It was received Jan 23. Have you tried calling IRCC? Will it help if I call them?
There could be something going on with your application, so definitely call them!
We are December 20th and still waiting because they mistakenly assumed we were out of status! So the agent added a note to our file and no one has looked at it yet.

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
There could be something going on with your application, so definitely call them!
We are December 20th and still waiting because they mistakenly assumed we were out of status! So the agent added a note to our file and no one has looked at it yet.
This is also what I'm thinking. Maybe they assumed that I'm out of status when they opened my papers, because I have an ongoing visitor extension application since my status will expire a month later. I tried calling them today but no luck. I can't get through. I will try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Well they can tell you if there are notes in the file and if anyone has looked at it and made a note saying something.

Either way, if you are still within processing time there is nothing you can do.

On my app they can see a note that it was under further evaluation back on Feb 28th. I will try to connect with them and se4 if there were any new notes.

Some officers wait until the average processing time is hit before they approve it.

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
This is also what I'm thinking. Maybe they assumed that I'm out of status when they opened my papers, because I have an ongoing visitor extension application since my status will expire a month later. I tried calling them today but no luck. I can't get through. I will try again tomorrow.
Yes could be. The problem with ours was that my husbands passport didn’t have a stamp upon entry so we attached a ticket to show his entry date, but unfortunately they didn’t put that information in the file and could not determine he was in status when we applied.

caq

Apr 24, 2019
Yes could be. The problem with ours was that my husbands passport didn’t have a stamp upon entry so we attached a ticket to show his entry date, but unfortunately they didn’t put that information in the file and could not determine he was in status when we applied.
Do you need to prove the date of entering to Canada, even if you have been holding a study permit and that is why you entered Canada and is still in Canada?

Last edited: