+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
They told me the same thing, and it seems like they waited until the last day of my visa expiry date and sent the folder back next day. I was over stayed only 2 days on my TRV entry when I got the folder back from them. That’s awful !!
Now I am going through restoration of status and once I file restoration of status and than I will be able to file PR + OWP afterward. I wish you good luck and really hope that it wouldn’t happen with you and you will soon get your AOR.
Hi, we did not get AOR yet however able to link PR + OWP today.

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
QQ for you @Brooks202 did you resent the OWP app or you just decided to send OWP app after?
And where can I check dates for Medical Received or Passed?
Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I sent my PR on 31 October 2019 and that same day received a refusal on a visitor extension--so we sent the PR application and I drove down to Fargo ND that evening since I no longer had a valid status in Canada. I came back several weeks later, was admitted with a new visitor record (I'm a US citizen, so it is pretty simple), then sent my OWP application in December.

I'm not as knowledgeable as some about where to find the information, but I was just watching my GCkey account. My ECAS had an update when my medical was recieved, but nothing about passing. My GCKey account info on the medical changed to passed a few days later (then my background check started a few days later!). I hope all you December applicants see such movement soon!

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi, we submitted our application on December 31, 2018 (PR+ OWP). But gc key shows application date for OWP as December 24, 2018. does that have any impact on our application?

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Hi, we submitted our application on December 31, 2018 (PR+ OWP). But gc key shows application date for OWP as December 24, 2018. does that have any impact on our application?
It seems like the OWP date is always 7 days before the date when it was actually received.

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
How many days does it usually take to get the OWP in the mail after it's been approved? I live in BC.

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi,
I sent my PR on 31 October 2019 and that same day received a refusal on a visitor extension--so we sent the PR application and I drove down to Fargo ND that evening since I no longer had a valid status in Canada. I came back several weeks later, was admitted with a new visitor record (I'm a US citizen, so it is pretty simple), then sent my OWP application in December.

I'm not as knowledgeable as some about where to find the information, but I was just watching my GCkey account. My ECAS had an update when my medical was recieved, but nothing about passing. My GCKey account info on the medical changed to passed a few days later (then my background check started a few days later!). I hope all you December applicants see such movement soon!
Thanks for your clarification on this, cheers!

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Application Received : 11 Dec 2018
AOR : Feb 9 2019
MR : Feb 19 2019
Medical done : 22 Feb 2019
Medical Passed : Mar 4 2019
AIP- March 6th 2019
Police Certificate Req - March 6 2019

I cant believe I am saying this but we got APPROVED IN PRINCIPLE. it hasn't even been 3 months yet since our app was received.

Based on my personal case, my spouse is out of status and he was reporting monthly to CBSA. however I hope this post gives people hope, we are in shock we received a good decision.

Good luck folks!!!
Thats so fast!! just wowww! Congratulations!!!
This give us hope since my hubby is out of status !!! Hopefully we hear them back as fast as you guys did!!

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
AIP- March 6th 2019
Sponsor eligibility approval - March 13, 2019
Primary applicant approval in principle - March 6, 2019.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
AIP- March 6th 2019
Sponsor eligibility approval - March 13, 2019
Primary applicant approval in principle - March 6, 2019.
oh great!! its going pretty fast , good for you. Congrats .

Reactions: Canadianguy1989

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
Hello Powerful Canada, Thanks for your reply. I am able to link our application today. NO AOR though. Does this mean completeness of our application?
That's great news!

For all I know, it means it was received by the IRCC. If you didn't get any e-mail, just make sure you have the correct e-mail on the My CIC and monitor the spam folder to make sure you lose nothing

Val87

Dec 12, 2018
Hi Everybody,

Trying to access my CIC but this is what is showing now:

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.
Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Any idea what this might be?

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hi Everybody,

Trying to access my CIC but this is what is showing now:

Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.
Application status is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Any idea what this might be?
yeah, i checked mine too, its showing same thing. I think its system glitch or technical issue.

Val87

Dec 12, 2018
yeah, i checked mine too, its showing same thing. I think its system glitch or technical issue.
I read in most cases it happens during updates or when you get new emails but it might me a glitch as well. Hopefully it will get back soon :)

Thanks