+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

77nn

Jan 30, 2019
Cool! Eligibility for what? Is this on your work permit application where you see that?
Yes, for the OWP. We just checked again and it now says "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." we never got an e-mail, just kept checking GCkey online under the OWP.

Reactions: MirGer

77nn

Jan 30, 2019
Also a December 27th applicant, I just got off the phone with IRCC when I was told my application was sent back. It hasn't come to our mailbox yet, but there can only be two possible reasons this happened.

1. Some of my forms were outdated, since they updated them a month before I sent them in and I didn't check. Big mistake on my part.

2. I've been reading some people's forms being sent back because of the form IMM 5669. The forms asks you for an electronic signature but apparently they want a handwritten signature too. I don't know if this has changed since the time of the posts I read.

A real bummer. I really needed to start working soon. This is going to be hard.

A question about implied status. Luckily I applied for a visitor status extension last month. Haven't heard anything back, but my original status expires today. I know I have implied status until I hear back from that, but will I have to let IRCC know that when I resend? Will they have record of me applying to extend? Would I be considered out of status when I reapply? Or does the implied status save me from having to do anything special?
Im sorry you're going through this. Same thing happened to us. We had our application initially sent back because we didn't realize you need two signatures on the IMM 5669 form.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes, for the OWP. We just checked again and it now says "Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details." we never got an e-mail, just kept checking GCkey online under the OWP.
Interesting. So no email saying "you have a new message/update"? Good to know congrats!

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Interesting. So no email saying "you have a new message/update"? Good to know congrats!
fyi, here's what the process looked like for me - it took a little over 24 hours to get the "official" e-mail and letter
2/27 AM: saw on GCkey that they started reviewing eligibility (no email)
2/27 PM: saw on GCkey that OWP application was approved (no email)
2/28 PM: PA received an email and GCkey was updated with the official approval letter

Reactions: MirGer

elie22

Nov 17, 2018
Hi, just sharing my application timeline.
  • 2018-12-28 Application received
  • 2019-02-27 AOR received
  • 2019-02-28 Linked PR + OWP applications

Reactions: CAN-AL2018

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes, I believe you are who my wife is messaging. Unlucky us indeed.

I thought they would be a little more lenient on the older forms since they were outdated for about a month and nothing significant changed in them. I guess not.

I actually wondered about the signisign as I was putting the package together, however I couldn't find anything that stated it needed a hand-written signature too. Probably just barely missed it in my search.
Damn I see. I hand signed every form even with a electronic signature. It doesnt hurt to do that.

lndunn

May 1, 2016
Hi, just sharing my application timeline.
  • 2018-12-28 Application received
  • 2019-02-27 AOR received
  • 2019-02-28 Linked PR + OWP applications
Question, when you get your AOR, is it coming via email? Because my application was received on the 27th (Dec) and I haven't gotten anything yet.

elie22

Nov 17, 2018
Question, when you get your AOR, is it coming via email? Because my application was received on the 27th and I haven't gotten anything yet.
Yes, I received it by email.
You can check both sponsor's and principal applicant's email. :)

varma7272

Feb 25, 2012
Dec 28th Applicant, My application was returned back today. I live in Montreal, Quebec

Reason given: Did not provide the required employment and/or source of Income supporting documents.

The Application checklist clearly said not to complete the section if you are a Quebec resident.

I am not sure if this was some mistake form the immigration officer who reviewed my file. Is there any way I can contest the decision? Any suggestions would be of great help!

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hello Guys, I had to re-sent my OWP application because it was returned due to missing fee, do you know how long now it's gonna take ? another 3 months?