+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Nov 8, 2018
Application Submitted: 6th Dec
AIP: May 7, 2019
Permanent resident landing interview: 27 May 2019

Problem is, we are going out of country on 5th June because we have the valid authorizations to leave and come back. Is it okay to reschedule the interview even if we are not leaving because of an emergency? Can we leave now?

Reactions: doza-canada

bernermom

May 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for about a month now trying to make some of the posts relevant to my situation. But today, I received my landing letter by email. I would like to share my timeline:

2018 Dec 11: Application submitted
2019 Feb 08: AOR
2019 Feb 18: Medical Request
2019 Mar 26: Processing of Application for Principal Applicant
2019 May 10: SA and AIP e-mails; Decision Made on ECAS for both Sponsor Application and Permanent Residence Application
2019 May 27: Landing Instructions by e-mail
2019 June 08: Landing Appointment in Etobicoke

I hope this helps. My husband is a Canadian-born citizen and is my sponsor. We went via the immigration lawyer route, so as to eliminate the guessing when it came to completing and submitting the application package. I have also been out-of-status for some time now. Good luck to everyone awaiting decision. Have a great start to your week.

Last edited:

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have been lurking here for about a month now trying to make some of the posts relevant to my situation. But today, I received my landing letter by email. I would like to share my timeline:

2018 Dec 11: Application submitted
2019 Feb 08: AOR
2019 Feb 18: Medical Request
2019 Mar 26: Processing of Application for Principal Applicant
2019 May 10: SA; AIP, Decision Made on ECAS for both Sponsor Application and Permanent Residence Application
2019 May 27: Landing Instructions
2019 June 8: Landing Appointment in Etobicoke

I hope this helps. My husband is a Canada-born citizen and is my sponsor. We went via the immigration lawyer route, so as to eliminate the guessing when it came to complete the application package. I have also been out-of-status for some time now. Good luck to everyone awaiting decision. Have a great start to your week.
congratulations! :D Did you have background check and eligibility emails? or it went straight to decision made? Thank you!

bernermom

May 27, 2019
congratulations! :D Did you have background check and eligibility emails? or it went straight to decision made? Thank you!
Hello there,

I was never able to link my application to my GC-Key account, for some reason. But my sponsor and I both received eligibility emails on 10 May 2019, the same day that the status on my ECAS changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made".

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hello there,

I was never able to link my application to my GC-Key account, for some reason. But my sponsor and I both received eligibility emails on 10 May 2019, the same day that the status on my ECAS changed from "In Process" to "Decision Made".
Ok, thank you so much for the information! :D good luck

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
I have requested to submit schedule a imm5669 and don't know which one I should be sending. It's been a month and i didn't see second pdf attached on the email. It says proof of cohabition and imm5669 bearing original signature but i filled up the eimm5669 schedule a via gckey account. Should I fill up the old one print and send also?

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Updating Timeline:

Application Received: December 10th
AOR: February 14th
OWP Approved: March 27th
BGC started: May 1st
Medical request: May 7th
Medical done: May 18th
Medical passed: May 27th

Also requested additional documents May 7th and they are currently under review! So fingers crossed it keeps coming along, and hopefully we all get good news soon
Once you submitted additional information how long does it take to show its under review ? I submitted additional information last week and still no update under GKEY

Nov 8, 2018
We got a landing interview appointment and it is asking us to pay the Right of permanent residence fee of $490 before our interview. We paid 1040 when we applied in December which did include a Right to Permanent Residence fee of 490.

Is this the same? Do we have to pay again? Or do we not have to?

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
We got a landing interview appointment and it is asking us to pay the Right of permanent residence fee of $490 before our interview. We paid 1040 when we applied in December which did include a Right to Permanent Residence fee of 490.

Is this the same? Do we have to pay again? Or do we not have to?
I think it already includes the right of PR fee.

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Once you submitted additional information how long does it take to show its under review ? I submitted additional information last week and still no update under GKEY
Same here... for me last date to submit was last thursday and I submitted last wednesday...since then no change on ecas which says additional documents requested.

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Same here... for me last date to submit was last thursday and I submitted last wednesday...since then no change on ecas which says additional documents requested.
what additional information did they ask you ? for me they asked for PCC and Schedule A but they gave me only 2 weeks to submit

Nov 8, 2018
Someone who has rescheduled their landing interview because they were out of country at that time please respond to me. It is urgent
Nevermind, I got it rescheduled. Etobicoke replied in 16 minutes of my email that they will reschedule me after I come back to Canada. But keep in mind this is because my wife has an Electronic Travel Authorization and Open work permit which allows her to travel by air.