+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
i am a montreal quebec applicant as well. I'm sure if you put N/A for the required employment/ source of income then they shouldnt of returned it. I recieved my AOR and I didnt include any source of income of my husband in my app

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
i am a montreal quebec applicant as well. I'm sure if you put N/A for the required employment/ source of income then they shouldnt of returned it. I recieved my AOR and I didnt include any source of income of my husband in my app
Ours is returned not because of employment / source of income. My lawyer told me that they said you didn’t submitted dependent child applications whereas he has never been part of our application and nether we submitted his fees.

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
what was the reason for its return? yes you should try to apply for restoration of status since it didnt expire too long ago
I was going through the restoration of status checklistS Do we need to attach financial statement to prove the available funds or it’s not needed for Spousal PR applicants? Any idea ?

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
I was going through the restoration of status checklistS Do we need to attach financial statement to prove the available funds or it’s not needed for Spousal PR applicants? Any idea ?
I wouldnt know anything about this subject

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Any updates on work permits for december applicants?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Update!

App. sent on Dec. 20
App. received on Dec. 24
AOR email received on Feb. 22
PR linked on Feb. 23
Medical passed msg. updated on Feb. 26
OWP linked on Feb. 26
OWP review msg. updated on Mar. 02
OWP approved on Mar. 04
Congrats! Still haven't received OWP and app was received the 14th. I see others in late November still getting theirs.

I wonder why some are getting late/ early

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
Updating.

I am not sure when my the clinic sent the results do IRCC, but I've just seen that it shows "You've passed the medical exam", so I guess we passed. We went to the clinic on Feb 23rd.

Just waiting for the WP document to arrive by mail to start working!

Cris1989

Oct 21, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
13-12-2018
Noticed my background check started at the same time I linked the account on Gckey. Is this standard or just for certain applications?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Also a December 27th applicant, I just got off the phone with IRCC when I was told my application was sent back. It hasn't come to our mailbox yet, but there can only be two possible reasons this happened.

1. Some of my forms were outdated, since they updated them a month before I sent them in and I didn't check. Big mistake on my part.

2. I've been reading some people's forms being sent back because of the form IMM 5669. The forms asks you for an electronic signature but apparently they want a handwritten signature too. I don't know if this has changed since the time of the posts I read.

A real bummer. I really needed to start working soon. This is going to be hard.

A question about implied status. Luckily I applied for a visitor status extension last month. Haven't heard anything back, but my original status expires today. I know I have implied status until I hear back from that, but will I have to let IRCC know that when I resend? Will they have record of me applying to extend? Would I be considered out of status when I reapply? Or does the implied status save me from having to do anything special?
Just posting an update for my situation to everyone.

My application was sent back to me on February 22nd and I only just received it today on March 5th. I listed some possible reasons to everyone, those being outdated forms or missed hand-signatures in areas where they ask for electronic signaturrs. Turns out it was only the signatures. They didn't care that my forms were a little outdated. Two forms that I electronically signed but didn't hand sign were the cause for my app being sent back. They flagged this for the IMM0008 and the IMM5669, but not for the open work permit form IMM5710 even though it was the same situation.

This bothers me because I checked rather intensely and can't find anywhere that specifically states we needed to hand-sign those in addition to electronically signing them. If we needed that, why even allow us to e-sign them in the first place? This is almost intentionally misleading. If someone can point me to where it says that, it would be appreciated.

This also worries me because I fell out of my original visitor status after it was sent back and before I received it. I applied for a visitor extension by paper a month before my status expired and its form IMM5708 has an electronic signature on it too, which I signed but didn't hand sign. Will this result in that being returned too? If so that will mean I'm out of status and have to apply to restore.

I can't believe my situation is this much of a mess all because of misleading signature requirements.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Just posting an update for my situation to everyone.
This bothers me because I checked rather intensely and can't find anywhere that specifically states we needed to hand-sign those in addition to electronically signing them. If we needed that, why even allow us to e-sign them in the first place? This is almost intentionally misleading. If someone can point me to where it says that, it would be appreciated.
To my knowledge, only form IMM5669 needs to be signed both electronically and in writing. You can find that information in your checklist (IMM5533):
"IMPORTANT: for this form to be accepted as part of a paper application, each person required to complete it must: a) type their name in the signature box at the bottom, b) validate the form, c) print out the validated form, and d) sign in writing (i.e. providing a handwritten signature) next to the typewritten name in the signature box."

I believe all the other forms need to have a handwritten signature - hopefully someone else can confirm.

Reactions: PowerfulCanada