+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Sponsorship May 2020

bian07

May 19, 2017
I have a question regarding passing biometrics & gckey...

is the "We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details. " in gckey going to change when you pass biometrics or does it stay the same? are biometrics passed once they show up in that "applicant information" field?

Reactions: niashaalyssa

wtexan

Feb 6, 2019
INLAND May 11/20. Mexican police background package UPS'd to Canadian Embassy in Mexico DF, deliver the following morning. I learned that the photos required for this are smaller than the standard Canadian passport luckily for me the man at the Japan Camera store noticed this. Standard pics are 50mm x 70mm, the Mexican police check is 35mm x 45mm. Also competed Medical this week.
Next thing to wait for, according to the flow chart is Sponsor Approval

Reactions: Myisland

Myisland

Dec 18, 2020
Somewhat similar timelines as wtexan: medicals booked with police clearance requested and in progress (will take several weeks). Just happy to have cleared a lot of hurdles.

bian07

May 19, 2017
anyone else who has "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details. " as the status for the biometrics? I gave them over a month ago now and still waiting to pass..

Reactions: KJH85

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nothing for me aside from passing medical
Im a June applicant but my biometrics is showing completed does that mean pass? I did my medical 3 days ago hopefully it will show up soon.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Im a June applicant but my biometrics is showing completed does that mean pass? I did my medical 3 days ago hopefully it will show up soon.
My gckey says this:

Review of medical results
  • February 26, 2021 You passed the medical exam

Not sure what completed means maybe they still have to assess the results for you

anjana johny

Star Member
Mar 23, 2020
I am august 2020 applicant. My husband sponsored me. He forgot his password for CIC account and so tried linking the application through my CIC account. But unable to link. Is there any tricks to link application to CIC account?

Luca07

Sep 4, 2020
Woke up with decision made on both sides on ecas! It should be starting to pick up for everyone now hopefully :)
Congrats! Btw did you applied for open work permit when you submitted the application? If so,did you receive it or they didnt bother to process that?. For me I haven't received my work permit up to now and I think I'll get the PR but not the work permit at all.

bian07

May 19, 2017
Congrats! Btw did you applied for open work permit when you submitted the application? If so,did you receive it or they didnt bother to process that?. For me I haven't received my work permit up to now and I think I'll get the PR but not the work permit at all.
Yeah I did. I got the work permit approved in december

Luca07

Sep 4, 2020
Yeah I did. I got the work permit approved in december
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm unlucky with the work permit, I even involved the MP but they can't help at all. Everything else is getting processed, we haven't received AOR, but we got Biometric and medical request,all done but the work permit is being treated like it doesn't exist so I was thinking maybe I made a mistake not to extend my visitor record, I thought implied status is good enough to get the open work permit so I don't know if anyone out there has the Same situation. I guess I'll just have to wait for the PR then and I will absolutely try to see if I can get refunded for my work permit if they end up giving me a PR then I paid for something I didn't get,lol I know its silly but I'll try to ask for the refund and see what will happen next.

Reactions: ppcat