+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland PNP applicants - No movement in application.

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
From Myimmitracker only 1 applicant got approved in Sep and from this forum only a few passes with Sydney VO. Seems like anyone with Etobicoke as the second VO will wait forever. I highly suspect the people in that office is on parental leave and nobody is taking the left files. I already lost 12k for my wife's international student tuition in just one semester. I bought a new condo in May 2021 and if I can't have the COPR before next May then another 12k tuition and 13k provincial tax exemption would've gone. If that is the case I will say Canada worths nothing and I won't waste my talent and taxes here.

• Angry
Reactions: xza116 and upon

liu_0099

Sep 14, 2021
From Myimmitracker only 1 applicant got approved in Sep and from this forum only a few passes with Sydney VO. Seems like anyone with Etobicoke as the second VO will wait forever. I highly suspect the people in that office is on parental leave and nobody is taking the left files. I already lost 12k for my wife's international student tuition in just one semester. I bought a new condo in May 2021 and if I can't have the COPR before next May then another 12k tuition and 13k provincial tax exemption would've gone. If that is the case I will say Canada worths nothing and I won't waste my talent and taxes here.

You shouldn't pay the tax for your condo if you have pnp confirmation letter.https://www.bcimmigration.com/the-foreign-buyers-tax/

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
You shouldn't pay the tax for your condo if you have pnp confirmation letter.https://www.bcimmigration.com/the-foreign-buyers-tax/
It's not the foreign buyer tax but the around 2% provincial tax. Normally it is exempted if the property is new construction but only applies to PR.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I haven’t seen single person EE PNP who made it through Etobicoke. I am starting to suspect they sent us there for some reason..like for deep security or something which will take place who knows when. But again, it is all speculations due to despair from my part as all of us don’t have anything bad in GCMS notes.

xza116

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
You should still be qualified for the exemption if you can provide your AOR letter for your attorney/notary when they file for the transfer buyer tax paperwork.

Here is from BC's website regarding the exemption as a confirmed BC provincial nominee: "If your Confirmation of Nomination has expired, you must provide proof that you applied for permanent residency before the expiration date to be considered for the exemption".

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/property-transfer-tax/additional-property-transfer-tax#provincial-nominee
Thank you so much. I have already let my closing lawyer know about this. I think they don't handle a lot of cases like us. Who the hell goes around buying properties with an long expired nomination letter but poor guys like us :(

• Sad
Reactions: upon

xza116

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
It's not the foreign buyer tax but the around 2% provincial tax. Normally it is exempted if the property is new construction but only applies to PR.
I will have to pay for that 2% BC transfer tax regardless. Although a new property we are buying, its valued above 750k or 800k (any 2b2b condo in a decent place is above that price now in greater vancouver). And yes you are right its only for PR as they check the SIN number to make sure you are a PR holder. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/property-transfer-tax/exemptions/newly-built-home-exemption

xza116

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I feel your pain bro. Similar situation here, My wife just graduated from Uni and paid 2 extra years of international tuition. and I will have to pay that transfer tax because no new SIN and how high the housing market is here in Vancouver

xza116

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
I am stuck with my job due to fooking pnp and WP. As per WP condition I can’t go for any study or vocational training when I want to do realtor course. And some stupids still think the delay is not affecting us as we are already in canada.
Yeah they are hanging us on the rack upside down by the balls but what can we do.......... why has no one filed a class action lawsuit yet.

Rasputin666

Star Member
Sep 19, 2020
I haven’t seen single person EE PNP who made it through Etobicoke. I am starting to suspect they sent us there for some reason..like for deep security or something which will take place who knows when. But again, it is all speculations due to despair from my part as all of us don’t have anything bad in GCMS notes.
I don't know but seems like Sydney is the only VO working now but most recent approved applicants still have "NOT STARTED" notes? I think this empty note only applies to our Etobicoke unlucky folks but seems not now.

I will have to pay for that 2% BC transfer tax regardless. Although a new property we are buying, its valued above 750k or 800k (any 2b2b condo in a decent place is above that price now in greater vancouver). And yes you are right its only for PR as they check the SIN number to make sure you are a PR holder. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/property-taxes/property-transfer-tax/exemptions/newly-built-home-exemption
I believe the transfer tax should be applied to the value at the pre-construction purchase contract instead of the current market price. So if your property is lower than 800k you can still claim it.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I don't know but seems like Sydney is the only VO working now but most recent approved applicants still have "NOT STARTED" notes? I think this empty note only applies to our Etobicoke unlucky folks but seems not now.

I believe the transfer tax should be applied to the value at the pre-construction purchase contract instead of the current market price. So if your property is lower than 800k you can still claim it.
The main question for me:why CIO did not do our Eligibility how they do for everybody and sent us specifically to Etobicoke without Eligibility done? That’s very odd and I am sure it means something.