+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland PNP applicants - No movement in application.

EFan

Aug 6, 2020
Congratulations!! Finally you got it!! Could you share your Timeline?
Thank you~~
My AOR is Sept 30, 2020. Medical pass on Nov 4. I finished my fingerprint on Nov 16.

I am not sure when my eligibility passed, but when I called them in Jan, they told me that my eligibility was passed already. For the whole 2021, I was waiting for the security to start. I have called them almost 10 times since Jan.
I called them once around the beginning of Aug, and they told me that my security was not started yet. When I called them on Sept 1, they told me that they only answered emergency questions and questions about the Afghanistan problem, they won't provide any status update anymore, and they said people only could check their status online.

matteh

Mar 23, 2020
EE BC PNP Tech Pilot - Inland
AOR - Feb 10 2021
BWOP Approved - Feb 28 2021
Medical Passed - Mar 11 2021
Biometrics enrollment Mar 24th 2021

No updates since Mar 24th

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Unsure if this is the best place to ask this, but after reading through other peoples timelines, I'm not confident I will be getting PR before the end of the year.

Currently I'm having issues renewing photo ID in BC (Drivers license) due to not having a permit longer than 6 months, I'm now wondering if I should apply for a second BWOP to get a longer permit while I wait for PR. Does anyone know if that's possible or they would deny it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Princes Queen

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
Currently I'm having issues renewing photo ID in BC (Drivers license) due to not having a permit longer than 6 months, I'm now wondering if I should apply for a second BWOP to get a longer permit while I wait for PR. Does anyone know if that's possible or they would deny it?
I think as long as your application is processing you can apply for BOWP continually. And given the normal processing time for work permits probably it’s good to apply early.

Veeeg

Aug 18, 2021
EE BC PNP Tech Pilot - Inland
AOR - Feb 10 2021
BWOP Approved - Feb 28 2021
Medical Passed - Mar 11 2021
Biometrics enrollment Mar 24th 2021

No updates since Mar 24th

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Unsure if this is the best place to ask this, but after reading through other peoples timelines, I'm not confident I will be getting PR before the end of the year.

I just renewed my diver's license last month, and only 5 month close to my WP date, I told them I already applied PR through EEBC just waiting for final approval, and they gave me 5 years for my license.

matteh

Mar 23, 2020
I just renewed my diver's license last month, and only 5 month close to my WP date, I told them I already applied PR through EEBC just waiting for final approval, and they gave me 5 years for my license.
Interesting, person at ICBC was pretty stern saying they would only give me a temporary paper license until I can provide them with a permit with longer than 6 month validity. Its more the photo ID aspect I care about currently.

otqaz

May 23, 2021
Hey guys, I received my work permit three months ago and my security was passed for work permit. Now I have applied for PR, my question is will they again check the security in my case?

robkin

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
United States
Interesting, person at ICBC was pretty stern saying they would only give me a temporary paper license until I can provide them with a permit with longer than 6 month validity. Its more the photo ID aspect I care about currently.
Well if you just need a photo ID I think you can go to ICBC and get a BC care card with photo id. Although I guess it will still have a short validity.