+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

CA_from_Seattle

Sep 29, 2019
Received email on Nov 12th of decision made, I was out of status and had my US passport seized by CBSA. I'm curious of others that had to wait for passport to be sent back to CIC and how long before invitation to Vancouver?

I wrote my contact with CBSA today that expedited my application with CIC and she said she was sending back passport today and CIC would have tomorrow so it will be up to CIC to schedule..

Thanks

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
I'd love to do that, but unfortunately, I don't have my COPR so that's not my option. If I had, I already would do that many months ago! My application was approved in December, 2018. Since then I've been waiting for a COPR or lading interview. I had to go back to my country because of my family emergency while I was waiting for the interview date in January. They said I could wait for a COPR in my country, but it was never sent to me, because they didn't sent my file to the country. After I came back to Canada, they said they would send me a COPR, but it also didn't happen. I sent a letter to CIC, an officer called me directly, and he sent an interview request to Vancouver office. I thought finally I could get an interview appointment, but the office cancelled the request maybe because they thought I should already got a COPR. I really hope I can get an interview before my work visa expired....
I am really sorry to hear that! I hope the call you in much sooner than that! I
3 months have passed since DM and I called CIC again. I found out my interview request was cancelled by Vancouver office because of their misunderstanding. The operator sent a request for the interview to the office but he said it might take to get 3 moths from now!! OMG... My file was messed up three times. Anyways there was a BIG reason why I haven't got any emails. Now I'm a bit worried if your file is on the right queue...
Oh no, I am really sorry to hear that! They really should fast track your application as urgent by now! Thank you for your concern, I do believe I am in the right queue but regardless I probably won’t wait much longer before I travel abroad to get it in the airport. I should have done that a long time ago but it always seemed silly in case it was just about to be my turn, like buying flight tickets and then get the interview call the day after, but of course there is no way of knowing that in advance.

Hanna219

May 6, 2019
I am really sorry to hear that! I hope the call you in much sooner than that! I

Oh no, I am really sorry to hear that! They really should fast track your application as urgent by now! Thank you for your concern, I do believe I am in the right queue but regardless I probably won’t wait much longer before I travel abroad to get it in the airport. I should have done that a long time ago but it always seemed silly in case it was just about to be my turn, like buying flight tickets and then get the interview call the day after, but of course there is no way of knowing that in advance.
Do you have your COPR? If you have enough papers, it's much faster and stress free!

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Received DM today, now to wait for an appointment with Vancouver! I'm a little nervous because my husband and I are headed down to the states next week for Thanksgiving and there's the no-guaranteed-reentry thing (never had a problem before and I have a visitor record valid through dec. 31, with plans to apply for another extension once we return) but that's just normal anxiety for me. Seems like folks have been getting their interview appointments fairly quickly at the moment so hopefully we'll be lucky too

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
Received DM today, now to wait for an appointment with Vancouver! I'm a little nervous because my husband and I are headed down to the states next week for Thanksgiving and there's the no-guaranteed-reentry thing (never had a problem before and I have a visitor record valid through dec. 31, with plans to apply for another extension once we return) but that's just normal anxiety for me. Seems like folks have been getting their interview appointments fairly quickly at the moment so hopefully we'll be lucky too
Yeah, I understand. But that’s great that you have other option!! I hope you’ll get your PR without any more stress!
Thank you very much and I hope yours gets sorted as well soon!

Reactions: Hanna219

StonehamPark

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I received DM on ECAS 7 days ago, now waiting for a Landing Interview email.
Does anyone know roughly how long I might wait between DM and getting the email?
I'm in Vancouver.

Thanks

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
I received DM on ECAS 7 days ago, now waiting for a Landing Interview email.
Does anyone know roughly how long I might wait between DM and getting the email?
I'm in Vancouver.

Thanks
I waited 3.5 months for a landing interview in Vancouver and followed up several times. I no longer believe I will ever get an appointment and am making travel arrangements to get it in the airport.

StonehamPark

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
I waited 3.5 months for a landing interview in Vancouver and followed up several times. I no longer believe I will ever get an appointment and am making travel arrangements to get it in the airport.
3.5 months is way too much. That doesn't sound right.
What can you get at the airport?
I thought you could only get CoPR from PPR or Landing Interview?

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Got my interview appointment after 2-3 days. Application was approved on tuesday Nov 19, DM showed up in ECAS on wednesday Nov 20, and today we got our interview appointment for Friday December 5 at 5:30.

I hope this means that the Vancouver office's backlog that I remember seeing in this thread earlier this year has been cleared and you folks get your appointments soon!

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
3.5 months is way too much. That doesn't sound right.
What can you get at the airport?
I thought you could only get CoPR from PPR or Landing Interview?
Maybe they changed things since then, I don’t know. I got landing papers by mail in the summer and had the option to cross the border or book a landing appointment. I need visas for most countries so the US is not an option. It seemed easiest at the time to just book an appointment which in hindsight was not a good decision. I guess I am in a different and much slower queue than you. One thing I did realize just recently is that a canadian visa sticker in the passport enables visa free travel to Mexico (at least in my case) so it is a bit less of a hassle to cross borders than I thought. Some people go to the land border and gets a denied entry to the US and then walk back to the Canadian side to do the landing. The catch is that they need to declare that denied entry every time they travel to the US in the future.

StonehamPark

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they changed things since then, I don’t know. I got landing papers by mail in the summer and had the option to cross the border or book a landing appointment. I need visas for most countries so the US is not an option. It seemed easiest at the time to just book an appointment which in hindsight was not a good decision. I guess I am in a different and much slower queue than you. One thing I did realize just recently is that a canadian visa sticker in the passport enables visa free travel to Mexico (at least in my case) so it is a bit less of a hassle to cross borders than I thought. Some people go to the land border and gets a denied entry to the US and then walk back to the Canadian side to do the landing. The catch is that they need to declare that denied entry every time they travel to the US in the future.
Oh easy! Just go and flagpole at Point Robert's or Peace Arch. I've done it multiple times and with other friends. Just tell the US border you are flag polling, it's no issue at all.

I'd have done that if I had the option.

Reactions: viking10

gurnani.sunny

Nov 26, 2019
Sharing my story here.

Applied for PR on March 21

Call on November 1st Week
Your application is still in progress

Call on November 20
Your application is approved, wait for the Passport request letter. The portal still showing pending

Call on November 21
Agent says the application has been approved since July, but we have been waiting for Passport Request Letter. They will send a note to office

Call on November 22
Agent says Vancouver office will send the landing information, that's when I knew that Vancouver (not Niagara falls is processing the application)

Waiting for the appointment email.

Do you guys know from which email address you get the Vancouver appoint request letter, is there any other option of other then waiting or contacting the Vancouver office ?