+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Hanna219

May 6, 2019
I took your advice and called them rather than wait for email reply. Thankfully I had not missed any appointments and they will try to speed it up since I waited for three months. Thank you for your advice; now I can sleep again!
I’m glad you feel better now! Please let me know if you get an email :)

Reactions: viking10

Happysoul26

Sep 26, 2019
Hi guys
I have a question
Who gets the interview call!
If the primary applicant is in Canada and the spouse is in the home country, do they still send interview or will they send ppr

Please do reply

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
On the document regarding scheduling an interview, it says that you can just go to a border and get your things done there. Is that actually plausible and should I explore it?

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
On the document regarding scheduling an interview, it says that you can just go to a border and get your things done there. Is that actually plausible and should I explore it?
If you can go visa free to the US, that would be a good option. I have been waiting more than three months for a landing interview in Vancouver and it is very frustrating (they promised me to speed it up though).

kevinlkwong

Star Member
Jul 24, 2019
So I tried going to one of the borders and they require you to leave and re-enter the country before you can do the interview. You can also present yourself at the airport (which is what I will try tomorrow) for the interview. Since my PR visa expires in 2 months I can do an urgent appointment correct?

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
So I tried going to one of the borders and they require you to leave and re-enter the country before you can do the interview. You can also present yourself at the airport (which is what I will try tomorrow) for the interview. Since my PR visa expires in 2 months I can do an urgent appointment correct?
I heard about people doing that before, going to the US border guards, then get rejected because they don’t have a visa and then return to the Canadian side and do the landing. It sounds risky and I would not dare to do that. I am not sure if you can do it in the airport without flying. I would be interested to hear about how it goes and wish you luck! I have waited more than 3 months for an interview in Vancouver and I am losing faith that I will ever get an appointment, so I am also beginning to explore alternatives before it is too late.

kaiman629

Nov 16, 2019
Hi, I applied PR through Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class and received the below email from CIC today. Just wondering is it a just simple landing interview? Or is it an interview to verify whether a genuine relationship with my spouse exists? Thsnkd

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for XX AM on MM DD, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.

Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to
provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your
country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID
card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).

Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence
in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly. If you have any concerns, please call 1-888-242-2100.

viking10

Aug 25, 2017
Hi, I applied PR through Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class and received the below email from CIC today. Just wondering is it a just simple landing interview? Or is it an interview to verify whether a genuine relationship with my spouse exists? Thsnkd

Dear Client,
We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an
interview that is scheduled for XX AM on MM DD, 2019. Your interview will be conducted at:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Toronto (Etobicoke)
(Citizenship and Immigration Canada on official signs)
5353 Dundas Street West, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6K5
Suite 100, Ground Floor; also accessible via 5343 Dundas Street West
Please bring this invitation letter to the interview. You must also attend the interview with the following:
 Your passport
o You must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents in order to acquire permanent residence status.
o If your passport is currently being held by the Government of Canada (IRCC/CBSA), we will request it on your behalf.
 Two photographs for your permanent resident card
o Permanent resident card photograph specifications are listed on the following page.
o We will not process photographs that do not meet our specifications.
 Your current Social Insurance Number, only if you are in possession of one
o You will need to change your Social Insurance Number (SIN) to reflect your new status as a permanent resident.
o Service Canada representatives may be available at this interview to assist you in obtaining your new SIN.
 Your in-Canada dependent(s), only if you have included them in your permanent residence application
o Your dependent(s) must also bring their passport and photographs, as well as their SIN if in possession of one.
 Your sponsor, only if you are landing under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in-Canada Class
o Your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address.
 Your own interpreter, only if you require one as necessary
o Please note that we only provide service in English and French.

Instructions for Convention refugees, their dependents and other individuals with seized documents
 You must also provide the certified copies of all seized documents and your Notice of Seizure form. If you are unable to
provide those documents, you may present any 2 of the following items, which must be issued by the government of your
country of citizenship, nationality or last permanent residence:
o passport or travel document, national identification card, driver’s license, birth certificate/family record book, voter ID
card/military ID card, Statutory Declaration (if accepted).

Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) Payment
 The Right of Permanent Resident Fee is $490.00. Please note that only Convention refugees do not have to pay this fee.
 We do not accept payments at our office. Please make your payment online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do
 If you have not already paid the fee, please ensure you do so at least 72 hours prior to the interview.
 Please bring your payment receipt to the interview. We will need to confirm your fee payment to finalize your application.
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence
in Canada, and your file may be closed accordingly. If you have any concerns, please call 1-888-242-2100.
I think for a simple landing interview they would have provided you with an imm5688 landing document and given you the option to go to cross the border instead of waiting for an interview.

Hanna219

May 6, 2019
I took your advice and called them rather than wait for email reply. Thankfully I had not missed any appointments and they will try to speed it up since I waited for three months. Thank you for your advice; now I can sleep again!
3 months have passed since DM and I called CIC again. I found out my interview request was cancelled by Vancouver office because of their misunderstanding. The operator sent a request for the interview to the office but he said it might take to get 3 moths from now!! OMG... My file was messed up three times. Anyways there was a BIG reason why I haven't got any emails. Now I'm a bit worried if your file is on the right queue...

SophiaVN

Mar 1, 2019
3 months have passed since DM and I called CIC again. I found out my interview request was cancelled by Vancouver office because of their misunderstanding. The operator sent a request for the interview to the office but he said it might take to get 3 moths from now!! OMG... My file was messed up three times. Anyways there was a BIG reason why I haven't got any emails. Now I'm a bit worried if your file is on the right queue...
to be honest,you might consider to do landing at a border. It is faster that way

SophiaVN

Mar 1, 2019
I see. In my case, I got COPR back with my passport after PPR. And I went to a border to validate CORP
Did you get you passport requested?

Hanna219

May 6, 2019
to be honest,you might consider to do landing at a border. It is faster that way
I'd love to do that, but unfortunately, I don't have my COPR so that's not my option. If I had, I already would do that many months ago! My application was approved in December, 2018. Since then I've been waiting for a COPR or lading interview. I had to go back to my country because of my family emergency while I was waiting for the interview date in January. They said I could wait for a COPR in my country, but it was never sent to me, because they didn't sent my file to the country. After I came back to Canada, they said they would send me a COPR, but it also didn't happen. I sent a letter to CIC, an officer called me directly, and he sent an interview request to Vancouver office. I thought finally I could get an interview appointment, but the office cancelled the request maybe because they thought I should already got a COPR. I really hope I can get an interview before my work visa expired....