+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Landing Interview from Vancouver Office: waiting time

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
How much time does Vancouver office generally take to schedule a virtual landing? Its been over a week since I was told that my application is with the Vancouver office and that they will contact me to do a virtual landing. I haven't heard anything from them. Please if anyone else is in a similar situation or can share some insights, it will be very helpful.
thanks in advance,
-v-
Hello Vishal,

As per previous posts from this thread, vancouver wait time is around 3 months.
Did you hear anything from Vancouver lately?
Are you inland applicant?

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
Hi Leo,

Thank you for your answer.
I'm sorry to hear that. And I guess this is not very good news for me either....

Did you get an interview date and it got cancelled due to the current situation? Or you never even got an interview date at all?

Could you please tell me what is the DM exactly? I've seen a lot of people mentioning it but I don't know what it is. I only know the COPR. Does DM come after COPR?

Thank you for your time and help. All the best,
LLJ
Hello,

When did vancouver contacted for Virtual interview after DM?

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Hello Vishal,

As per previous posts from this thread, vancouver wait time is around 3 months.
Did you hear anything from Vancouver lately?
Are you inland applicant?
I am an outland applicant but I am now in Canada and my case has been transfered to Vancouver for virtual landing.
3 months!! omg.. this is so frustrating.

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
I am an outland applicant but I am now in Canada and my case has been transfered to Vancouver for virtual landing.
3 months!! omg.. this is so frustrating.
Yes, it is very frustrating.
You can just give a call and check what is the current waiting time.
And did you got a confirmation that your application is approved?

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Yes, it is very frustrating.
You can just give a call and check what is the current waiting time.
And did you got a confirmation that your application is approved?
What is their direct number? I have called IRCC several times and they tell me they cannot give me any approximate timelines and there is no direct number to reach the Vancouver office. If you know of one, please can you share it? It will be a big help.

So, I didn't get a confirmation that my application has been approved. I initially got a PPR (Passport request) and then I told CIC that I am already in Canada on a work permit. They then asked me to not send the passport but instead wait for Vancouver to contact me for a virtual landing. This was late October.

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
What is their direct number? I have called IRCC several times and they tell me they cannot give me any approximate timelines and there is no direct number to reach the Vancouver office. If you know of one, please can you share it? It will be a big help.

So, I didn't get a confirmation that my application has been approved. I initially got a PPR (Passport request) and then I told CIC that I am already in Canada on a work permit. They then asked me to not send the passport but instead wait for Vancouver to contact me for a virtual landing. This was late October.
Apparently, we can only call IRCC .
It depends on the agent who picks your call.
There were instances where the agent sends a reminder to the visa office when you request and let them know your situation.

I would suggest you to read this thread from 38 to atleast 54 pages, so that you can get an idea how people reached out to Vancouver VO.
From my reading experience, people have wrote to the below email IDs and got response.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.PRA-RVPR.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

And , please post an update once there is movement in your file.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Apparently, we can only call IRCC .
It depends on the agent who picks your call.
There were instances where the agent sends a reminder to the visa office when you request and let them know your situation.

I would suggest you to read this thread from 38 to atleast 54 pages, so that you can get an idea how people reached out to Vancouver VO.
From my reading experience, people have wrote to the below email IDs and got response.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
IRCC.PRA-RVPR.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

And , please post an update once there is movement in your file.
Thanks. The posts refer to in-person interview and ours would be a virtual landing. I would have thought that the virtual landing would be faster since there is no appointment needed but that is not the case it seems.
will post if there is any update? Are you also waiting for virtual landing?

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
Thanks. The posts refer to in-person interview and ours would be a virtual landing. I would have thought that the virtual landing would be faster since there is no appointment needed but that is not the case it seems.
will post if there is any update? Are you also waiting for virtual landing?
Yes, I am waiting for the virtual landing.
And, yes virtual landing should be faster, but I know people from Vancouver VO from a WhatsApp group waiting for virtual landing since August. However, it differs from case to case and given the covid situation we cannot relay on other's timelines. Lets hope we get it quick.
Now virtual landing is done through new online portal.
Below is the link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Yes, I am waiting for the virtual landing.
And, yes virtual landing should be faster, but I know people from Vancouver VO from a WhatsApp group waiting for virtual landing since August. However, it differs from case to case and given the covid situation we cannot relay on other's timelines. Lets hope we get it quick.
Now virtual landing is done through new online portal.
Below is the link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html
thanks a lot for sharing that info. How long have you been waiting?
Also, if you don't mind, can you request me to be added to the group? I can message you my number.
thanks.

Vinayamegoes

Oct 17, 2020
thanks a lot for sharing that info. How long have you been waiting?
Also, if you don't mind, can you request me to be added to the group? I can message you my number.
thanks.
From nov 3.
Sure, I can add you to the group.
I spoke to IRCC today, the agent said it would take atleast 2 weeks after final approval for cic to respond. She asked me to wait until end of this week.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
From nov 3.
Sure, I can add you to the group.
I spoke to IRCC today, the agent said it would take atleast 2 weeks after final approval for cic to respond. She asked me to wait until end of this week.
I also called IRCC. And they told me that it takes 30 days for the local office to respond after they put in notes on my application.
Did you get a PPR as well?