20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi all,
Just received Aor today!
App sent 21 Aug
Received by cic Aug 22
Aor to sponsor email: Sept 18
Aor was received less than 4 weeks after sending application.
Looking forward to this journey.
Goodluck to everyone!
Hi and welcome @Gloriousgirl !

That's good news! They are working to make the process faster.
Good luck! :)
André

Reactions: Iglet

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
We also received our AOR this morning.

Application Sent: August 21
Application Received: August 23
Hi and welcome @bebo-18 !
Let's get started! Good luck,
André

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi all. Bit of an odd couple questions, but perhaps someone will know.
I landed in Canada on March 10th, my UK passport allows me 6 months without need for a specific visa.
My 6 months was up on Sept 10th.
I called IRCC back in August, and the guy I spoke to said that because i'd sent in my OWP with my Sponsorship application, that I automatically have implied status and am therefor not staying here illegally. As long as I keep the Canada Post receipt in case I need proof.
However, we had our application returned to us late August and returned it on the 29th. The IRCC website says that an application for a change in status (OWP) must be done at least 30 days before a visa runs. I had only 11-12 days left on mine because of the return of the application.
It's now 8 days after my 6 month visa was up, and I guess i'm a little worried about the application being returned again. Or refused because I submitted it with less than 30 days on my visa.
Would this affect my status here? Will I be unable to submit the application again if i'm technically passed my 6 month visa date?
I see that other AoR's are being received close to our date, so i'm both excited and nervous!
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.
Hi @Npops !

You're ok with your status (implied).

The Guide 5553 says: For any permit, you should always apply at least 30 days before your status expires. But i'ts not mandatory, if your application was received by IRCC later, it would work too, it must be submitted always before the expiring date of your TRV.....otherwise you would have to apply for restoration of status.
They say "at least 30 days before" because as you know, many OWP applications get returned, and if you apply last minute, you risk to get OWP returned and loose your status meanwhile.

Good luck, and keep updating.
André

dapak14

Jun 22, 2018
Hi @dapak14 !

You will be in implied status, it starts at the moment you send your app with the OWP. If for any reason your OWP app is returned, and your TRV is already expired, then you would be out of status, and should apply for restoration.
If you have got AOR, including for the OWP, so you're ok.

André
Thanks André

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hi @Npops !

You're ok with your status (implied).

The Guide 5553 says: For any permit, you should always apply at least 30 days before your status expires. But i'ts not mandatory, if your application was received by IRCC later, it would work too, it must be submitted always before the expiring date of your TRV.....otherwise you would have to apply for restoration of status.
They say "at least 30 days before" because as you know, many OWP applications get returned, and if you apply last minute, you risk to get OWP returned and loose your status meanwhile.

Good luck, and keep updating.
André
Thanks Andrè!
So if the application gets returned again, I'd lose implied status and will need to apply for restoration?

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Thanks Andrè!
So if the application gets returned again, I'd lose implied status and will need to apply for restoration?
Exactly @Npops if you TRV is already expired and you get your OWP returned for whatever reason, then you'd be out of status, and should apply for restoration. Hope your OWP don't get returned this time.

André

Drizzy

Aug 4, 2016
Hi all,
Just received Aor today!
App sent 21 Aug
Received by cic Aug 22
Aor to sponsor email: Sept 18
Aor was received less than 4 weeks after sending application.
Looking forward to this journey.
Goodluck to everyone!
Thats awesome! My Application was received on Aug 21 and still waiting for AOR. I will share my status as we go. Stay in touch!

olafson1393

Feb 27, 2018
I received an email yesterday with my "FXXXXXXXX" application number and instructions for linking my wife's application.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/08/27 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxxx

Is this essentially our AOR? "
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about FXXXXXXXX"
is the title of the email. I'm still not able to link the application online through my own account. Could that have something to do with not having checked off the box regarding someone else receiving correspondence about my application?

She also received a similar email with no application number included.

Vengance

Star Member
Oct 18, 2014
Thanks for the reply I am the principal applicant has the sponsor is my husband I carefully checked all the documents before sending it so I believe everything is fine just waiting for the AOR
I would recommend to call CIC and check with them

There is a whats app group for Aug inland applicants if you want to join.

Below is the link.
https://chat.whatsapp.com/7RWA69Y4Nh4CTn5sw8wAWS

Reactions: LariBoo

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
I received an email yesterday with my "FXXXXXXXX" application number and instructions for linking my wife's application.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/08/27 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxxx

Is this essentially our AOR? "
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about FXXXXXXXX"
is the title of the email. I'm still not able to link the application online through my own account. Could that have something to do with not having checked off the box regarding someone else receiving correspondence about my application?

She also received a similar email with no application number included.
Hi @olafson1393

Normally, only the sponsor gets AOR, but it's not the first time I heard PA gets the email too....no issues with that.
This is your AOR, the FXXXXXX number it's the application number, which you will use to link your app. Note that both of you can link the app but, only one of you can do it, once the PA link it, the sponsor won't be able, and vice versa.
Maybe you will have to wait a few days to be able to link the app. I have previously posted here how to do that.

André

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Yes. And the thing was i already fill up all the forms, prepared with the proof and everything all they have to do is to check if there is any mistake we made. And the lawyer said that tey cant say anything unless we pay them to do it. So what i did was to search for a consultant to help us and tell us whats best for us to do. I went immigroup payed 560 they checked our papers and Advised us what we need to do. Marks everything so that we went wont missed anything. They were a good help, now just waiting.
I went to a consultant with my filled application, She was so nice she initially mentioned she would charge me 500 but after seeing that I had prepared my application up to mark she just charged me her 1hr consultation fee - 100 +HST . Got lucky :)
Msg me if u need her Contact details. she is based near York University.

Thanks

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Application sent Aug 27
AOR - application recieved- Sep 21
Congrats! And thanks for updating! Ours was received two days after yours, so hopefully we'll receive our AoR on Monday.

Reactions: gta88