+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND AUGUST 2018 APPLICANTS - JOIN HERE

hannahobideyi

Jun 18, 2016
Hi everyone I applied for my pr application on 15th of August but am still waiting for my AOR and am getting worried since some people applied after me got theirs already

Reactions: Deh_avilla

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi everyone I applied for my pr application on 15th of August but am still waiting for my AOR and am getting worried since some people applied after me got theirs already
Hi and welcome @hannahobideyi !

Yes, you could have already received your AOR but we never know, it could take a few more days than others...

You are the sponsor or the principal applicant? If the sponsor don't get AOR in until the end of the next week I recommend to call IRCC and ask about it.

Have you sent a complete application? All required forms, documents, fees receipts?

Good luck,
André

wingbuot

Nov 20, 2017
Hi and welcome @wingbuot !

1 - There's no extra form, just write all information on a blank page. Make sure that on the top you write the number and name of the form, names of sponsor and principal applicant, the section and/or the question which you refer;
2 - I sent just police certificate, you need to check the IRCC website to know if you need to provide fingerprints, (link in blue);
3 - Letters of support are not mandatory, if you decide to write one it don't need to be notarized;
4 - Letters from family/friends must be notarized for common-law apps;

Double check your forms; type your name and hand sign all required fields; don't leave questions without answer (if not applicable, write N.A.); send all documents they ask on the check list (if you are not able to send a document, write a letter with a good explanation); don't forget to pay the fees and send the receipts.

Hope it helps,
André
Thabks fr all this information!

wingbuot

Nov 20, 2017
Hi Andre,

Thanks for answering my questions. I do have further questions if you dont mind:
1. In the statutory declaration of common law, where it asks of the relationship has been declared to Canadian Income Tax Act, what does that mean? Changing marital status with CRA or filing tax together as couple?
2. For the OWP application, Question#3 - do we check Apply for a work permit with the same employer? I am currently working with my PGWP.
3. What do u usually write for the question - Is there more info you want to share to support your relationship?
4. After all documents have been gathered - What kind of envelope do you put it in? Do you have to separate it by paper clips or labels?

Thanks again!

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi Andre,

Thanks for answering my questions. I do have further questions if you dont mind:
1. In the statutory declaration of common law, where it asks of the relationship has been declared to Canadian Income Tax Act, what does that mean? Changing marital status with CRA or filing tax together as couple?
2. For the OWP application, Question#3 - do we check Apply for a work permit with the same employer? I am currently working with my PGWP.
3. What do u usually write for the question - Is there more info you want to share to support your relationship?
4. After all documents have been gathered - What kind of envelope do you put it in? Do you have to separate it by paper clips or labels?

Thanks again!
Hi @wingbuot !

Sorry for the delay, I was preparing my CSQ forms. Here we go:

First of all: I think that this form IMM5409E is not required if your common-law partner is not co-signer. So verify if you need it. I'm not familiar with common-law process since I'm married.

1 - It means that in the last tax declaration the sponsor should have declared that the marital status has changed and declared the principal applicant. As I know, change the marital status within CRA won't help;
2 - I have no idea, sorry. Your PGWP its still valid? For how long?
3- Any information that you think it could make clear any point of your relationship. I left it blank and I wrote in a separate sheet my personal statement;
4 - I sent by Xpress post with Canada Post and I bought a plastic envelope there, but you could use a regular paper envelope, it really doesn't make any difference. I just used paper clips for the forms and elastic bands for pictures.

Good luck,
André

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hi @PandS !

There are general requirements and particular ones that vary from case to case.

To be granted with CSQ you and your sponsor have to sign some declarations and engagements specifics to Quebec government. You need to know and agree common values of the Québec society.

Here the sponsor is responsible for the applicant for a period of 3 years, even if they get divorced, bankrupt etc., so you have to sign this engagement too. And if for any reason I benefit of social aid, the sponsor have to refund the government.
To be admissible the sponsor cannot profit of social benefits, and you have to prove you have enough money if you have dependents.

...and you have to speak french

I thought that all of this was implied but I guess they take it very seriously in Quebec. Don’t speak French so wouldn’t qualify there.

PandS

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hi Andre,

Thanks again!

PGWP here too. We didn’t do the work permit because it expires in 2021

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
I recommend trying with DHL instead of Canada Post. We are about to send our package and won't risk with Canada Post.
Hi @BR_ESL !

Yeah, Canada Post is in negotiation and a strike its a possibility. At the moment, send your whole application by Canada Post might not be a good idea, though I sent yesterday my CSQ app and it was delivered today without any issues.

André

Reactions: BR_ESL

hannahobideyi

Jun 18, 2016
Hi and welcome @hannahobideyi !

Yes, you could have already received your AOR but we never know, it could take a few more days than others...

You are the sponsor or the principal applicant? If the sponsor don't get AOR in until the end of the next week I recommend to call IRCC and ask about it.

Have you sent a complete application? All required forms, documents, fees receipts?

Good luck,
André
Thanks for the reply I am the principal applicant has the sponsor is my husband I carefully checked all the documents before sending it so I believe everything is fine just waiting for the AOR

dapak14

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

Question. On October 16, 2018, it will be my 6th month in Canada as a TRV. I have submitted a PR and OWP but no result yet. Do I need to apply for the extension to stay or am I on implied status?

Thanks.

Deh_avilla

May 21, 2018
Belleville
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
10-08-2018
Doc's Request.
CSQ Request 14-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-09-2018
Med's Request
31-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2020
Hi Guys,

Question. On October 16, 2018, it will be my 6th month in Canada as a TRV. I have submitted a PR and OWP but no result yet. Do I need to apply for the extension to stay or am I on implied status?

Thanks.
Hi @dapak14 !

You will be in implied status, it starts at the moment you send your app with the OWP. If for any reason your OWP app is returned, and your TRV is already expired, then you would be out of status, and should apply for restoration.
If you have got AOR, including for the OWP, so you're ok.

André

Reactions: dapak14

Gloriousgirl

Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,
Just received Aor today!
App sent 21 Aug
Received by cic Aug 22
Aor to sponsor email: Sept 18
Aor was received less than 4 weeks after sending application.
Looking forward to this journey.
Goodluck to everyone!

Npops

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Calgary, AB
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-08-2018
Doc's Request.
09-11-2018
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Med's Request
09-11-2018
Med's Done....
27-11-2018
Hi all. Bit of an odd couple questions, but perhaps someone will know.
I landed in Canada on March 10th, my UK passport allows me 6 months without need for a specific visa.
My 6 months was up on Sept 10th.
I called IRCC back in August, and the guy I spoke to said that because i'd sent in my OWP with my Sponsorship application, that I automatically have implied status and am therefor not staying here illegally. As long as I keep the Canada Post receipt in case I need proof.
However, we had our application returned to us late August and returned it on the 29th. The IRCC website says that an application for a change in status (OWP) must be done at least 30 days before a visa runs. I had only 11-12 days left on mine because of the return of the application.
It's now 8 days after my 6 month visa was up, and I guess i'm a little worried about the application being returned again. Or refused because I submitted it with less than 30 days on my visa.
Would this affect my status here? Will I be unable to submit the application again if i'm technically passed my 6 month visa date?
I see that other AoR's are being received close to our date, so i'm both excited and nervous!
Thanks in advance for any and all responses.