Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Hi Everyone! Received my PR card in the mail yesterday! Great feeling to see that mail in my name and look at the card. Finally the journey is over... untill the citizenship one in the future :)
A note - I received it 4 days before the 6 week mark! Wishing the best of luck to those in the waiting... I know the wait is painful.. but you are almost there!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
riz.1 said:
Hi everyone i am November 2015 applicant , just dropping by to update that i received my DM email today. Took the ages for this to arrive. Hopefully Etobicoke office is gonna be faster in sending PR/landing interview invite.
Good luck to all those waiting.
congratulations!

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Obi-Wan said:
Hi Everyone! Received my PR card in the mail yesterday! Great feeling to see that mail in my name and look at the card. Finally the journey is over... untill the citizenship one in the future :)
A note - I received it 4 days before the 6 week mark! Wishing the best of luck to those in the waiting... I know the wait is painful.. but you are almost there!
Congratulations!

I remember you said you landed in Montreal, and I think you said it was about 3 weeks after DM. How long in advance did they send you the landing letter?

Obi-Wan

Oct 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
sylvain1 said:
Congratulations!

I remember you said you landed in Montreal, and I think you said it was about 3 weeks after DM. How long in advance did they send you the landing letter?
Yes I landed in Montreal on Feb 16th..

I had not received a separate DM letter... It was a combined letter received on Jan 27th stating that " The processing will be finalized at my interview scheduled for Feb 16th at the ...<address>".
ECAS and MyCIC had changed to Decision Made 4-5 days prior to receiving this communication.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Obi-Wan said:
Yes I landed in Montreal on Feb 16th..

I had not received a separate DM letter... It was a combined letter received on Jan 27th stating that " The processing will be finalized at my interview scheduled for Feb 16th at the ...<address>".
ECAS and MyCIC had changed to Decision Made 4-5 days prior to receiving this communication.
Thank you Obi-Wan. It was just by curiosity. We got DM last week, and are waiting for Montreal office to contact us.

juve

Star Member
May 19, 2016
Hey guys just landed in Etobicoke ..easy breezy ..SIN number took longer than landing ..the officer verified the IDs ( both passports ) , signed the confirmation and that was it ..then went to another window to get the New SIN..

Can't believe that it's over now !! What a relief .

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
Got an interview notice today. My online status changed to Medicals received last December. Heard nothing since then, no DM2, actually it still shows "in process".

But my daughter's name was not on the notice. She is the dependent applicant in out case. :eek:

And things to bring seems a little more than anybody else's. Now I am starting to think this is not a landing interview.

See the email,

"(My name)

In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, you and your spouse are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

CIC address

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:

` Original Passport or travel document
` Original marriage certificate and certified translation
` Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been previously married) and divorce certificates from previous marriages (if applicable)
` Birth certificate listing both parents (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from any other relationship
` Copy of your income tax returns filed from 2015 to present date and your spouses from 2011 to present date, including T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA.
` Mortgage agreements, Lease or Rental contracts of all residences you and your spouse
resided at, in or outside Canada since December 2011 to present date.
` Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 12 months. If either of you have been on social assistance during the processing of this application please provide your pay statement from social services.
` Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone) for the last 12 months
` Joint bank accounts and individual bank accounts for you and your sponsor for the last 12 months.
` Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance (statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
` Family register from China
` Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered"

Some docs I don't even have, e.g."Joint utilities accounts". My husband pays the bill every month.

So, is this that kind of interview? To check our marriage is genuine. Or to check my background? I will not bring my daughter to the interview since on that day she will be in daycare if this is a background check interview. I am looking into it.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
berylia said:
Got an interview notice today. My online status changed to Medicals received last December. Heard nothing since then, no DM2, actually it still shows "in process".

But my daughter's name was not on the notice. She is the dependent applicant in out case. :eek:

And things to bring seems a little more than anybody else's. Now I am starting to think this is not a landing interview.

See the email,

"(My name)

In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, you and your spouse are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

CIC address

` Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been previously married) and divorce certificates from previous marriages (if applicable)
` Birth certificate listing both parents (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from any other relationship
` Copy of your income tax returns filed from 2015 to present date and your spouses from 2011 to present date, including T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA.
` Mortgage agreements, Lease or Rental contracts of all residences you and your spouse
` Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 12 months. If either of you have been on social assistance during the processing of this application please provide your pay statement from social services.
` Joint bank accounts and individual bank accounts for you and your sponsor for the last 12 months.
` Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance (statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition

Some docs I don't even have, e.g."Joint utilities accounts". My husband pays the bill every month.

So, is this that kind of interview? To check our marriage is genuine. Or to check my background? I will not bring my daughter to the interview since on that day she will be in daycare if this is a background check interview. I am looking into it.
It really sounds like a relationship interview of some sort,

Do you think there is anything with your case that may raise red flags for them?

Do you live very far from the visa office ?

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
GuyanaGirl said:
It really sounds like a relationship interview of some sort,

Do you think there is anything with your case that may raise red flags for them?

Do you live very far from the visa office ?
Not very far from their office, 30mins LRT distance.

I don't know why they asked for the interview. We have 3 years gap on age. Both highly educated, phd. No religion. Have one 4 yr daughter already. Both were born in China. Have been living in Canada together for 2 years in the same apartment.

I am not worried since we have nothing to hide. Just somehow troublesome. I will go and clear their doubts ;D

Since this is a relationship interview I won't bring my daughter to it. Just collect all the documents they need. And start to read experience posts online. I also ordered GCMS notes about 10 days ago. Seems the notes won't be received before the interview.

Personally, I strongly suggest all applicants from 2015 July and August go to apply for their GCMS notes. I wish I did it last month.

Any suggestions for me will be appreciated. :-*

iamhayer

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
I applied for inland application on April 2, 2015. Had medical in July 2016 and Police clerance was requested in Aug 2016 which I provided in Sept 2016 but they didnt update anything after, Should I contact CIC?

Shellz

Dec 11, 2016
Hi Everyone
Landed in Etobicoke today!!! Very simple questions... date when last entered the country? Ever convicted? Any dependants other than our daughter? Which it turns out they are simply validating the info that is on the screen in front of them. The lady told us "it's not ment to be a test"
Holy hell it's over!!!
Just want to say to anyone just entering into the process... don't let lawyers scare you into paying a lot of money to have them represent you (they tried that while I was pregnant) You can do it on your own we did it without a glitch we just had to go through the seemingly never-ending wait juat like everyone else. But now its over!!!! Did I say that already :p :p
Thanks for all the support from everyone on this forum with you guys who needs the call center; good luck to all still waiting :-* :-* :-*

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
iamhayer said:
I applied for inland application on April 2, 2015. Had medical in July 2016 and Police clerance was requested in Aug 2016 which I provided in Sept 2016 but they didnt update anything after, Should I contact CIC?
Probably a good idea, yeah...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
juve said:
Hey guys just landed in Etobicoke ..easy breezy ..SIN number took longer than landing ..the officer verified the IDs ( both passports ) , signed the confirmation and that was it ..then went to another window to get the New SIN..

Can't believe that it's over now !! What a relief .
Congrats!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
berylia said:

See the email,

"(My name)

CIC address

GuyanaGirl is right, this is a relationship interview. Note that the materials they have requested are what they generally use to establish a conjugal relationship and establish financial inter-dependence.

Don't bring your kid to this interview.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Shellz said:
Hi Everyone
Landed in Etobicoke today!!! Very simple questions... date when last entered the country? Ever convicted? Any dependants other than our daughter? Which it turns out they are simply validating the info that is on the screen in front of them. The lady told us "it's not ment to be a test"
Holy hell it's over!!!
Just want to say to anyone just entering into the process... don't let lawyers scare you into paying a lot of money to have them represent you (they tried that while I was pregnant) You can do it on your own we did it without a glitch we just had to go through the seemingly never-ending wait juat like everyone else. But now its over!!!! Did I say that already :p :p
Thanks for all the support from everyone on this forum with you guys who needs the call center; good luck to all still waiting :-* :-* :-*
Congrats!