Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
berylia said:
Not very far from their office, 30mins LRT distance.

I don't know why they asked for the interview. We have 3 years gap on age. Both highly educated, phd. No religion. Have one 4 yr daughter already. Both were born in China. Have been living in Canada together for 2 years in the same apartment.

I am not worried since we have nothing to hide. Just somehow troublesome. I will go and clear their doubts ;D

Since this is a relationship interview I won't bring my daughter to it. Just collect all the documents they need. And start to read experience posts online. I also ordered GCMS notes about 10 days ago. Seems the notes won't be received before the interview.

Personally, I strongly suggest all applicants from 2015 July and August go to apply for their GCMS notes. I wish I did it last month.

Any suggestions for me will be appreciated. :-*
You probably were a little light in the relationship proofs. Normally they will just ask for them. But in this case, I guess they want to placate that suspicion. So, my suggestion is to relax, and go in confident. And be prepared for all kinds of questions from the mundane (What side of the bed does he sleep on, What colour is his toothbrush, etc), to the down-right personal (How often do you two have sex, etc.). Be upfront and honest with them (which will also feed your confidence), and let them do their job...

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
berylia said:
Not very far from their office, 30mins LRT distance.

I don't know why they asked for the interview. We have 3 years gap on age. Both highly educated, phd. No religion. Have one 4 yr daughter already. Both were born in China. Have been living in Canada together for 2 years in the same apartment.

I am not worried since we have nothing to hide. Just somehow troublesome. I will go and clear their doubts ;D

Since this is a relationship interview I won't bring my daughter to it. Just collect all the documents they need. And start to read experience posts online. I also ordered GCMS notes about 10 days ago. Seems the notes won't be received before the interview.

Personally, I strongly suggest all applicants from 2015 July and August go to apply for their GCMS notes. I wish I did it last month.

Any suggestions for me will be appreciated. :-*
You have the right frame of mind. :)
Guilt not, then fear not

Take your time and gather your documents.
Good Luck and be sure to let us know how it goes.

volkov

Sep 20, 2014
profiler said:
You probably were a little light in the relationship proofs. Normally they will just ask for them. But in this case, I guess they want to placate that suspicion. So, my suggestion is to relax, and go in confident. And be prepared for all kinds of questions from the mundane (What side of the bed does he sleep on, What colour is his toothbrush, etc), to the down-right personal (How often do you two have sex, etc.). Be upfront and honest with them (which will also feed your confidence), and let them do their job...
wow, that is kind of verging on rude line of questioning, do they really ask that??

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
volkov said:
wow, that is kind of verging on rude line of questioning, do they really ask that??
It's totally acceptable for them to ask. Sometimes the enforcement agents do if they've come to a PA's home. I agree, but how would they know you're legit? It's reasonable to expect.

My answer immediately is 4 times a week. :)

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Shellz said:
Hi Everyone
Landed in Etobicoke today!!! Very simple questions... date when last entered the country? Ever convicted? Any dependants other than our daughter? Which it turns out they are simply validating the info that is on the screen in front of them. The lady told us "it's not ment to be a test"
Holy hell it's over!!!
Just want to say to anyone just entering into the process... don't let lawyers scare you into paying a lot of money to have them represent you (they tried that while I was pregnant) You can do it on your own we did it without a glitch we just had to go through the seemingly never-ending wait juat like everyone else. But now its over!!!! Did I say that already :p :p
Thanks for all the support from everyone on this forum with you guys who needs the call center; good luck to all still waiting :-* :-* :-*

congratulations

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
berylia said:
Got an interview notice today. My online status changed to Medicals received last December. Heard nothing since then, no DM2, actually it still shows "in process".

But my daughter's name was not on the notice. She is the dependent applicant in out case. :eek:

And things to bring seems a little more than anybody else's. Now I am starting to think this is not a landing interview.

See the email,

"(My name)

In order to continue processing your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class, you and your spouse are required to attend an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:

CIC address

PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION/DOCUMENTS TO YOUR INTERVIEW:

` Original Passport or travel document
` Original marriage certificate and certified translation
` Original Full divorce decree documents (if either you or your spouse have been previously married) and divorce certificates from previous marriages (if applicable)
` Birth certificate listing both parents (long format) for any children you may have with your spouse or from any other relationship
` Copy of your income tax returns filed from 2015 to present date and your spouses from 2011 to present date, including T1 and Notice of Assessment. If you have any year missing, you must obtain it from the CRA.
` Mortgage agreements, Lease or Rental contracts of all residences you and your spouse
resided at, in or outside Canada since December 2011 to present date.
` Copy of pay stubs for you and your spouse for the past 12 months. If either of you have been on social assistance during the processing of this application please provide your pay statement from social services.
` Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone) for the last 12 months
` Joint bank accounts and individual bank accounts for you and your sponsor for the last 12 months.
` Documentary evidence of any other financial commitment such as RRSP, life insurance (statement of premium paid must be provided) or employer provided benefit plans (must be a copy printed from the official company benefit site. Hand-filled copy is not acceptable)
If you have been charged or convicted in Canada or abroad with any offence, please bring with you the police charge record and the Court disposition
` Family register from China
` Any other information and documentation you wish to be considered"

Some docs I don't even have, e.g."Joint utilities accounts". My husband pays the bill every month.

So, is this that kind of interview? To check our marriage is genuine. Or to check my background? I will not bring my daughter to the interview since on that day she will be in daycare if this is a background check interview. I am looking into it.

i got SA on March 10 but for Mr carol the PA on March 6 the lawyer email me an email from officer AP that they want proof of relationship for them to continue on Mr.carol permanent residence application so we went in there with slot of info with guns a blazing we had his pension plan with me and son na me on it,benefit cards,lease;joint account, Costco, health card and dl,pics,Facebook messages,lease,cra stuff,recipts,or dogs Canadian kennel club register with our names on it,our labs breeder recipt with our name on it,vet bills and mail from vet wit our name on it,pharmacy bill with my name in it and mail send to us. the lawyer was like your proof is so strong a final nail to the coffin I wrote a letter to give insight of our relationship and how about Mr. carol which was notried plus letters from his dad,step mother,friend,my sister and my mom. did you get sa

E123456

Mar 6, 2017
My husband finally has first stage approval! We have received another request for updated medical and RCMP record check which are scheduled for this week. Does anyone know if the submission process for updated documents is immediate (they make it sound immediate being electronic) or does it take a few weeks for immigration to receive the updates? Also after first stage approval, how long did it take for a decision to be made (I know it's very case specific but we are just very excited and would like a general idea based on everyone's experience)?

Thank you ;D

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
carolbb23 said:
i got SA on March 10 but for Mr carol the PA on March 6 the lawyer email me an email from officer AP that they want proof of relationship for them to continue on Mr.carol permanent residence application so we went in there with slot of info with guns a blazing we had his pension plan with me and son na me on it,benefit cards,lease;joint account, Costco, health card and dl,pics,Facebook messages,lease,cra stuff,recipts,or dogs Canadian kennel club register with our names on it,our labs breeder recipt with our name on it,vet bills and mail from vet wit our name on it,pharmacy bill with my name in it and mail send to us. the lawyer was like your proof is so strong a final nail to the coffin I wrote a letter to give insight of our relationship and how about Mr. carol which was notried plus letters from his dad,step mother,friend,my sister and my mom. did you get sa

Question for you....what you you submit as proofs when you sent your application in ?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
E123456 said:
My husband finally has first stage approval! We have received another request for updated medical and RCMP record check which are scheduled for this week. Does anyone know if the submission process for updated documents is immediate (they make it sound immediate being electronic) or does it take a few weeks for immigration to receive the updates? Also after first stage approval, how long did it take for a decision to be made (I know it's very case specific but we are just very excited and would like a general idea based on everyone's experience)?

Thank you ;D
In the medical request, there is an IME #. That number they listen for events on. When your immigration doctor finishes their assessment, and submits it electronically, they reference that number. That raises an event for a Regional Medical Examiner to review and approve. It's then sent to CIC. From what I have heard and understand, it's pretty quick when you have an IME...

E123456

Mar 6, 2017
profiler said:
In the medical request, there is an IME #. That number they listen for events on. When your immigration doctor finishes their assessment, and submits it electronically, they reference that number. That raises an event for a Regional Medical Examiner to review and approve. It's then sent to CIC. From what I have heard and understand, it's pretty quick when you have an IME...
Hello Profiler,

Thank you for the reply, that's very helpful. I'm not sure why they've requested these documents again (maybe they expired...) but we will do whatever we have to to get things moving forward :)

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
E123456 said:
Hello Profiler,

Thank you for the reply, that's very helpful. I'm not sure why they've requested these documents again (maybe they expired...) but we will do whatever we have to to get things moving forward :)
We applied March 2 2016. We supplied a passed medical from Nov 2015. Which they accepted as passed.

Well, March 21 I got SA, and immediately the missus was requested to do a medical. We were pretty not ok with this. We had already had our MP involved, so they chased it down for us -- it was 3 months out of validity, so they requested a new one (and at the same time, told us to hurry up -- they are ready to DM the case, as she has passed everything else). Yesterday the missus got AIP. I cannot believe that the medical is what is going to slow us up!!

Anyway, get'er done ASAP is the moral to that story...

E123456

Mar 6, 2017
profiler said:
We applied March 2 2016. We supplied a passed medical from Nov 2015. Which they accepted as passed.

Well, March 21 I got SA, and immediately the missus was requested to do a medical. We were pretty not ok with this. We had already had our MP involved, so they chased it down for us -- it was 3 months out of validity, so they requested a new one (and at the same time, told us to hurry up -- they are ready to DM the case, as she has passed everything else). Yesterday the missus got AIP. I cannot believe that the medical is what is going to slow us up!!

Anyway, get'er done ASAP is the moral to that story...
It's so frustrating the amount of time and money we put into the whole process to only be asked for the same thing over and over again. I hope things start to move quickly for you and the missus. Also I'm still trying to learn all the acronyms... what does "DM" and "AIP" stand for? Fingerprints tomorrow and medical Saturday (unfortunately medical seems to be the hardest to get a quick appointment and a far trip to an accredited practice!)

Thanks again!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
E123456 said:
It's so frustrating the amount of time and money we put into the whole process to only be asked for the same thing over and over again. I hope things start to move quickly for you and the missus. Also I'm still trying to learn all the acronyms... what does "DM" and "AIP" stand for? Fingerprints tomorrow and medical Saturday (unfortunately medical seems to be the hardest to get a quick appointment and a far trip to an accredited practice!)

Thanks again!
DM - Decision Made. Cic has made a ruling on the application.

AIP - Approval in Principle. Cic states the Principal Applicant is eligible to apply for a PR. In some provinces, like Ontario, the applicant is eligible for OHIP at this stage.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
I got a letter from CIC saying:

if you require an interpreter, please bring one with you.
please note that counsels and family members are not eligible to represent clients as interpreters.
if you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us by calling the CIC call center, well in advance giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. if you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application may be refused.

XXX
Immigration Officer

now i don't know if my partner (the sponsor) should come with me, and i don't know what type of interview is cause they are not requesting any documents or explicitly saying that my parter has to come to the interview as well.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
schonkatze said:
I got a letter from CIC saying:

if you require an interpreter, please bring one with you.
please note that counsels and family members are not eligible to represent clients as interpreters.
if you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us by calling the CIC call center, well in advance giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. if you do not inform us in advance and do not attend, we will have to assume that you are no longer interested in immigrating to Canada and your application may be refused.

XXX
Immigration Officer

now i don't know if my partner (the sponsor) should come with me, and i don't know what type of interview is cause they are not requesting any documents or explicitly saying that my parter has to come to the interview as well.
Need more info:
- any dependents?
- country of origin?
- etc

I have seen this before, but it's usually regarding dependents or your previous life...