+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pb21 said:
This the relationship interview..we received SA last month and then file was transferred to local cic office without any AIP :(
How would you know if its a relationship interview or landing interview before hand?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
june1990 said:
How would you know if its a relationship interview or landing interview before hand?
A Relationship Interview letter states something along the lines that they need to interview you to determine a decision and gives you a list of items to bring that will help you prove your relationship.

A Landing Interview letter gives you a date and location and mentions finalizing your app for PR. It will ask you to bring 2 photos (for the PR Card), you and your Sponsor's ID, plus whatever else that specific location requires (Varies depending on the office)

Many have gone straight from AOR to Landing, which is why I am asking if pb21 is actually having a relationship interview.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
pb21 said:
This the relationship interview..we received SA last month and then file was transferred to local cic office without any AIP :(
Did that transfer letter mention it was because they were questioning the genuineness of your relationship?

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
simpsol22 said:
Did that transfer letter mention it was because they were questioning the genuineness of your relationship?
The transfer letter says that our file is being transferred to the local office for further assessment.
this is what the interview letter says
"This refers to your application for permanent residence status under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in
Canada Class.
To become a permanent resident under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class, you must comply
with requirements as specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Regulations this class.
To determine if you comply with these requirements you and your sponsor, are required to appear for an
interview at *** office at *** time . If you or your sponsor are not
fluent in English, please notify this office immediately at the fax number listed above and indicate which language
interpreter you would like to request.
Please note that pursuant to Sections 16(1) and 16(1.1) of the IRPA you are legally obligated to appear for this
examination and answer all questions truthfully.
When you attend this interview, please bring originals and photocopies of the following documents so that the
originals may be returned to you and the photocopies retained on file. If you do not bring the requested
documentation, a decision will be made on your application based on the available information and evidence
provided on file

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
pb21 said:
The transfer letter says that our file is being transferred to the local office for further assessment.
"This refers to your application for permanent residence status under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in
Canada Class.
To become a permanent resident under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class, you must comply
with requirements as specified in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Regulations this class.
To determine if you comply with these requirements you and your sponsor, are required to appear for an
fluent in English, please notify this office immediately at the fax number listed above and indicate which language
Please note that pursuant to Sections 16(1) and 16(1.1) of the IRPA you are legally obligated to appear for this
When you attend this interview, please bring originals and photocopies of the following documents so that the
originals may be returned to you and the photocopies retained on file. If you do not bring the requested
documentation, a decision will be made on your application based on the available information and evidence
provided on file
:( Sorry to hear. Yes, that is definitely a relationship interview.

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
I got DM since December 5th, I called Call central I was told my application was approved, but I have not get my landing letter still, Call central said they have not send it as at December 30th that i called them again. my file is in Etobicoke

any one similar experience?

Thanks Guys

Rose15

Aug 8, 2015
Olasam said:
I got DM since December 5th, I called Call central I was told my application was approved, but I have not get my landing letter still, Call central said they have not send it as at December 30th that i called them again. my file is in Etobicoke

Thanks Guys

Same here..just waiting for the letter,etobicoke since dec 5

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pb21 said:
Canada Class.
provided on file
May i ask if youre on a common law relationship or married? Do you have an idea why they needed more proof or needed to interview you guys?

Attitude

Jan 4, 2017
Olasam said:

Thanks Guys
Exactly same here. Got DM since December 5h and still got nothing from CIC. I called them at the end of last year and they told me everything is fine with my app, and I should be contacted soon. BTW I'm with Etobicoke as well.

We shall keep each other posted if any of us got landing interview :)

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
Attitude said:
Exactly same here. Got DM since December 5h and still got nothing from CIC. I called them at the end of last year and they told me everything is fine with my app, and I should be contacted soon. BTW I'm with Etobicoke as well.

We shall keep each other posted if any of us got landing interview :)
now I feel ok, I'm not alone

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Etobicoke can take up to 1 - 1.5 months to schedule. You all should hear soon. If it's been over 6 weeks, you can call and CIC will message the local office for you.

sur

Oct 24, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
profiler said:
If it's not an error (if you applied in July - September 2015 then it's probably not), and you didn't get a demand for documentation, or a procedural fairness letter, then it's a landing interview.
sestrenkapsixa said:
... I have not received any "non-standard" documentation, only SA and AIP emails....
Hi, You mentioned "demand for documentation".
We did receive demand for documentation. Does that delay the process and by how much time?

We were married, applied with solemnization certificate (permanent marriage cert was still to come aft 2-3 months). When received marriage cert we mailed cic a colored copy of it and also emailed them scan of certificate. Despite that after about a year, cic asked us to send marriage cert, and pictures etc to prove relationship.!!

Never received SA, nor AIP. Only got AoR.

We sent proof again (also have a child so sent his birth cert as well and pics).... A month later got email that they have received our documents. That's it. Nothing after that.

--------------------------------------------
Application was rcvd April-2015.
Marriage cert sent around Aug-2015.
CiC asked for marriage cert etc again in Aug-2016.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
sur said:
Hi, You mentioned "demand for documentation".
We did receive demand for documentation. Does that delay the process and by how much time?

We were married, applied with solemnization certificate (permanent marriage cert was still to come aft 2-3 months). When received marriage cert we mailed cic a colored copy of it and also emailed them scan of certificate. Despite that after about a year, cic asked us to send marriage cert, and pictures etc to prove relationship.!!

Never received SA, nor AIP. Only got AoR.

We sent proof again (also have a child so sent his birth cert as well and pics).... A month later got email that they have received our documents. That's it. Nothing after that.

--------------------------------------------
Application was rcvd April-2015.
Marriage cert sent around Aug-2015.
CiC asked for marriage cert etc again in Aug-2016.
That's not the kind of demand I mentioned. That's a request. A demand is where they state they feel the relationship isn't genuine, and they want more proofs, for example. It can delay it as long as the PA and Sponsor delay supplying the proofs.

MyMaple

Dec 31, 2016
hi there guys.. hope you are well and happy new year to you all

short background-- APPLIED PR AND SOWP WITH A LAWYER
IM A BRITISH BANGLADESHI, BORN IN BANGLADESH AND NATURALIZED IN THE UK. CAME TO CANADA JULY 2016 AND MARRIED LONG TERM GF AND CANADIAN CITIZEN OCT 2016. APPLIED IN NOV 16TH 2016.

BRITISH GETS 6MONTHS VISA UPON ENTRY AND THAT RUNS OUT MID JAN 2017

MY QUERIES:
LAWYER SAID NO NEED TO APPLY FOR VISIT VISA EXTENTION ONCE IT RUNS OUT IN JAN... IS HE RIGHT?
LAWYER SENT ME AN EMAIL WITH A FILE NUMBER, WHICH IS BASICALLY A LETTER BY CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED THE APPLICATION... IS THIS THE 1ST AOR OR 2ND AOR?
HOW LONG FOR WORK PERMIT TO COME?
LAWYER HASNT YET GIVEN ME ANY LETTER FROM CI SAYING THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED APPLICATION FOR SOWP!!!

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE .. OH BTW NO CRIMINAL RECORDS AND SECOND MARRIAGES FOR BOTH OF US

wssun

Sep 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
03-03-2014
Med's Request
07-02-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015
Passport Req..
26-03-2015
LANDED..........
17-04-2015
Olasam said:

Thanks Guys
We god DM since November, and got landing notice in mid December . We just landed in Etobicoke couple days ago. So just be patient.