07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
gumiibear said:
May 2015 app here. I know, how is that fair? CIC needs to stop telling people that they're processing in order because that's a freaking lie. It's not even funny how pissed off I am at this point.
Same. I got upset last night as just want a normal life and to feel settled, and able to visit family at home.

gumiibear

Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-23-2015
Med's Done....
submitted upfront
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
I know what you mean.... Life feels like it's been on a standstill since we've sent in our application. We can't put down a mortgage, can't go travelling like we want to... I'm so frustrated

Meganes

Aug 6, 2015
Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain what happens after you get the sponsor and applicant approval? Is there any landing visa?

Thanks

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
gumiibear said:
I know what you mean.... Life feels like it's been on a standstill since we've sent in our application. We can't put down a mortgage, can't go travelling like we want to... I'm so frustrated
I know! Major inland regrets. We only went with it because of the OWP and the times for the UK processing seemed to change a lot.

gumiibear

Jul 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-19-2015
AOR Received.
07-23-2015
Med's Done....
submitted upfront
LANDED..........
10-06-2016
Yeah I wish we had done Outland too now :( we would have been done by now probably

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Meganes said:
Hi Guys,

Can someone please explain what happens after you get the sponsor and applicant approval? Is there any landing visa?

Thanks
From AIP it's typically DM, possibly a PPR, then a landing interview where you get your PR.

peterlaswn

Sep 12, 2016
Hey all, I applied in April of 2015 through the inland spousal application. Thought I'd share the story to compare timelines and such.

Application sent in on April 10, 2015

Application received by CIC on April 14, 2015

On June 16th 2016, my lawyer got an email from CIC requesting a valid passport.

Medical exam requested on July 8, 2016 via email, did it the week after, and on the "check the status" website has been showing as medical exam results received in mid August 2016 after clicking the status as "application received". Lawyer says it is unusual for it to request a medical without first stage approval, as the letter only says "the application has been processed to the stage where medical exam results are required." (Also find it strange as it doesn't say "application in process", only "application received")

Lawyer submitted response to the passport request on Aug 2, 2016.

On August 30th, 2016, my lawyer got an email from CIC Mississauga saying that my Sponsor is eligible and they are asking for Right to Permanent Residence Fee (which I paid the day after), but it doesn't say that our application is being transferred elsewhere or that I should apply for open work permit... etc. The "Check the status" website still says my application is "Application received".

Got an email from CIC Missisauga on Sep 13, 2016, passport requirement is exempt!

Here's a quick background of myself. I am a Taiwanese citizen who has been in Canada since 2003 when I started grade 11. I've been on student visas until 2011, then a post-graduate work permit until December of 2014. In September of 2014 was when I suddenly found out I was unable to renew my Taiwanese passport (expiring in Sep, 2014) since I haven't served in the Taiwanese military (conscription is mandatory), and they even confiscated the expiring passport. I had planned to submit my immigration through Canadian Experience class in October of 2014 (part-time BC Ambulance paramedic/full-time union filmmaker by trade), but without a valid passport, it was no longer an option. My partner (a Canadian citizen) and I had already gotten engaged at that point after being together for 2 years, we were married by January of 2015, and filed for inland spousal in April of 2015. I've included in my application the letter from Taiwan stating that because I have not served in the military, I cannot apply for a new Taiwanese passport. After the receiving the email from CIC requesting for a valid passport, I attempted to apply for a valid passport again and was refused as expected, and my lawyer submitted all related correspondence with the Taiwanese passport office in response, which he believes should satisfy waiving of the passport requirement. Other than that, I'm healthy, having committed no crimes, and hold a bunch of different licenses from various Canadian government branches to prove my identity.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the "Application Received" verses "In Process"? Is the timeline of my application relatively normal for the inland spousal application?

P.S. I have a friend who is of Chinese nationality and applied through Inland Spousal as well, and she received her final approval within the same week of first stage approval the end of 2015 to her utmost surprise.... I don't understand the methods and the process of CIC ...

installer0129

Apr 26, 2016
i have a question regarding ecas status, when i open my ecas it says permanent residence application and i saw some people post their ecas it says sponsorship application? is there two ways to check ecas status?

bella6565

Mar 5, 2016
Can someone please update the spreadsheet :)

Date landed: July 28 2016 at Etobicoke office
Date PR Card was received in the mail: September 9 2016

October 2015 applicant.

So happy this took less than a year but I do feel a bit guilty about those skipped months :( I hope CIC begins to backtrack and starts hauling ass to get those forgotten applications finished! It's only fair after all..

Good luck to you all!

bella6565

Mar 5, 2016
installer0129 said:
i have a question regarding ecas status, when i open my ecas it says permanent residence application and i saw some people post their ecas it says sponsorship application? is there two ways to check ecas status?
My husband's ecas said permanent residence app. My ecas (the sponsor) said sponsorship application

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
km9203 said:
Same. I got upset last night as just want a normal life and to feel settled, and able to visit family at home.
I am August 2015 applicant and I have no words to express how mad I am. CIC received my application in August 2015. Since then I received NOTHING but AOR. In June 2016 I sent my medical - no communication from CIC followed.
I requested notes on my case through the Freedom of Information. They delayed my notes for one month (the regular processing is 30 days) but after two emails with very displeased tone they sent me my notes. Notes indicate that nobody looked in my file since they put my case in the system on October 29, 2015. NOBODY OPENED MY FILE SINCE OCTOBER 2015!!! The only note in my file is that medical was received in July 2016 and needs to be uploaded to the system.

I don't know what to do, I'm seriously desperate, makes me wanna file complaint on every single person sitting in that freaking office. How incompetent.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
sestrenkapsixa said:
I am August 2015 applicant and I have no words to express how mad I am. CIC received my application in August 2015. Since then I received NOTHING but AOR. In June 2016 I sent my medical - no communication from CIC followed.
I requested notes on my case through the Freedom of Information. They delayed my notes for one month (the regular processing is 30 days) but after two emails with very displeased tone they sent me my notes. Notes indicate that nobody looked in my file since they put my case in the system on October 29, 2015. NOBODY OPENED MY FILE SINCE OCTOBER 2015!!! The only note in my file is that medical was received in July 2016 and needs to be uploaded to the system.

WTF! I don't know what to do, I'm seriously desperate, makes me wanna file complaint on every single person sitting in this freaking office. How incompetent.
I requested notes end of August so hopefully get them soon. Not really hopeful that they will give much information, though. I know my file has been updated as I had to change my address but that is it. There are people I know who applied to get residency for different countries (USA/UK) after I applied for mine in Canada and they've already got theirs!! In the UK you can pay a lot extra to fast track your application, I wish CIC had that option.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
sestrenkapsixa said:

WTF! I don't know what to do, I'm seriously desperate, makes me wanna file complaint on every single person sitting in this freaking office. How incompetent.
I'm so sorry to hear that. but that is what i have been worrying about since I sent my applications July 2015. I also submitted GCMS notes and still waiting for their emails(I also only got 2 AORs so far).
Hope CIC will process our apps soon. It makes me upset that we can't do anything but waiting...:-(

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
km9203 said:
I requested notes end of August so hopefully get them soon. Not really hopeful that they will give much information, though. I know my file has been updated as I had to change my address but that is it. There are people I know who applied to get residency for different countries (USA/UK) after I applied for mine in Canada and they've already got theirs!! In the UK you can pay a lot extra to fast track your application, I wish CIC had that option.
I know right, it would be great! This process is so draining, I would rather pay additional thousands than just sit and watch 2016 applicants get their PRs.