+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spiderlily said:
Our inland application was received on April 27, 2016 and it started processing on June 26, 2015. We diligently check the CIC status online and it's always been "In Process".

Can someone advise what usually happens next? If they need anything, the status would change, right? Is there anything else we should be doing besides this?
Inland applicants don't usually see anything until the sponsor has been approved and the PA reaches the AIP stage...which has typically taken well over a year from the day that CIC received the application(s). The vortex of the Inland application means that although it's `In Process', in reality it's probably just sitting in a pile...which IS part of the process, unfortunately.

CIC seems to be picking up the pace on processing applications, so hopefully that will include Inland applications as well...someday.

Don't drive yourselves crazy checking the progress (or lack thereof) online!

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
km9203 said:
When did you apply? You can't appeal inland. You can apply again Outland. Did you have an interview before your refusal? If you don't mind asking, where are you from?
We applied in March 2015, I understand that I can reapply with my spouse but we have waited so long as it is, we have a life here, she is employed, etc. I am the sponsor (Canadian born and raised) and she is from the US.

No interview. They had requested further documentation which our lawyer requested, we obliged and they submitted. Then a refusal letter was sent to our lawyer and he is with utmost certainty that they had no grounds for refusal legally. So I guess I will ask again a different way. What recourse is there in this very unlikely situation?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amc90 said:
We applied in March 2015, I understand that I can reapply with my spouse but we have waited so long as it is, we have a life here, she is employed, etc. I am the sponsor (Canadian born and raised) and she is from the US.

No interview. They had requested further documentation which our lawyer requested, we obliged and they submitted. Then a refusal letter was sent to our lawyer and he is with utmost certainty that they had no grounds for refusal legally. So I guess I will ask again a different way. What recourse is there in this very unlikely situation?
Since most Outland U.S. citizens are processed quickly (4-6 months), you might be better of re-applying Outland (even though she is `visiting' you in Canada. As long as you combat their reason(s) for the refusal, it's probably your only real hope...unfortunately.

amc90

Aug 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Since most Outland U.S. citizens are processed quickly (4-6 months), you might be better of re-applying Outland (even though she is `visiting' you in Canada. As long as you combat their reason(s) for the refusal, it's probably your only real hope...unfortunately.
According to current processing times it is 15 months, which is about 4x the length you are suggesting.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Hey congratulations! You went through a lot, and now it's done!

beans on toast said:
Hello all. Newest permanent resident in Canada today. Had my finalizing interview this morning and received my document! I got married to my beautiful wife on Saturday and can honestly say I don't know which has made me happier - don't tell the missus!

Timeline:
March 2015 applicant
April 2015 1st aor
May 2015 2nd aor
May 2015 went to see MP
June 15th requested GCMS notes (received 15th July)
June 28th wrote letter to Justin Trudeau
July 25th Sponsot received SA
August 3rd - Finalising interview scheduled for 16th August
August 16 - It happened!

The interviewer asked no personal questions, just procedural ones (no dependants, no crimes, etc), signed the form and was in and out in 5 mins ending with 'congratulations you're now a permanent resident'. She advised not to leave the country and said a card would take 4-6 weeks.
The forum is sensational and supportive. Your time will come. Take what positives you can from this, but gripe when you need too. People understand that. But don't let the process get the better of you.

Good luck all.

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
Johninsask said:
Hey congratulations! You went through a lot, and now it's done!
Thank you!

beans on toast

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
Sent With App
LANDED..........
16-08-2016
gumiibear said:
Congrats! What did you write in your letter to Justin Trudeau? I want to do that too lol.
We mentioned our application and our optimism and support towards the Liberal party being elected, and having seen our MP twice. Not complaining just asking if there is any progress or things that could be done to speed up the process. We are teachers and it has taken almost a year and half and were keen to move on with our lives together.

Don't know if he read it before his Obama meetings [;)]but it's fair to say things moved in the 6 weeks after sending it.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amc90 said:
According to current processing times it is 15 months, which is about 4x the length you are suggesting.
It's not a suggestion; it an accurate time frame based on what you'll find here (real-world times):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/us-outland-applicants-thread-t106068.6735.html

Your refusal may add some time, but it's still better than even contemplating re-applying Inland!

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
amc90 said:

Sorry that happened. I thought they had to interview you before they could flat out refuse you (if they have doubts about the relationship)?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
beans on toast said:
Hello all. Newest permanent resident in Canada today. Had my finalizing interview this morning and received my document! I got married to my beautiful wife on Saturday and can honestly say I don't know which has made me happier - don't tell the missus!

Timeline:
March 2015 applicant
April 2015 1st aor
May 2015 2nd aor
May 2015 went to see MP
June 15th requested GCMS notes (received 15th July)
June 28th wrote letter to Justin Trudeau
July 25th Sponsot received SA
August 3rd - Finalising interview scheduled for 16th August
August 16 - It happened!

The interviewer asked no personal questions, just procedural ones (no dependants, no crimes, etc), signed the form and was in and out in 5 mins ending with 'congratulations you're now a permanent resident'. She advised not to leave the country and said a card would take 4-6 weeks.
The forum is sensational and supportive. Your time will come. Take what positives you can from this, but gripe when you need too. People understand that. But don't let the process get the better of you.

Good luck all.
Congrats! Definately jealous here...

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
km9203 said:
Sorry that happened. I thought they had to interview you before they could flat out refuse you (if they have doubts about the relationship)?
From what I understand, none. Inlanders have no appeal. It does not preclude you from applying again. So get your GCMS notes, make some fixes, and try again...

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Congrats beans on toast!!!! Beans, did getting married days before landing affect anything? Did you inform them (I would guess you should)? Or is it a non-issue changing from common-law to married as far as the application?

It's actually crazy to see some 2016 applicants have landed in about 4 1/2 months. It's great they really are speeding things up, but too bad for the batch from mid-2015.

beans on toast said:
Hello all. Newest permanent resident in Canada today. Had my finalizing interview this morning and received my document! I got married to my beautiful wife on Saturday

Fly2016Canada

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Doc's Request.
24-05-2016 Fingerprints requested
AOR Received.
23-03-2016
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, again redone on 30-05-2016
Interview........
05-08-2016
Passport Req..
05-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2016
LANDED..........
05-08-2016
GG_wife said:
yup, that's the problem no message there, it says: No data available in table 0 message of 0 messages. and no new message
Anyways I called CIC ytd and the agent said we received SA on aug 12. The notification from the system came out on aug 13 and we still has not received the 'official' email from CIC about SA. The agent said that happens all the time that people do not see updates in the system and/or do not receive the SA emails and they are calling CIC. I asked if if this worthy to report as a bug in the system for the technical team, he said not to bother as this is how it is...
GG_wife said:
Dear Admins,
Can you please update my data in the spreadsheet?

SA: Aug 12 2016
Medical received by CIC: May 3 2016

thank you!
Congratulations for your SA!
Based on the recent trend, since your medicals have already been received, you might soon be getting a DM (if there are no more additional doc requests). Wish you the best.

spiderlily

Apr 2, 2015
Ponga said:
Inland applicants don't usually see anything until the sponsor has been approved and the PA reaches the AIP stage...which has typically taken well over a year from the day that CIC received the application(s). The vortex of the Inland application means that although it's `In Process', in reality it's probably just sitting in a pile...which IS part of the process, unfortunately.

CIC seems to be picking up the pace on processing applications, so hopefully that will include Inland applications as well...someday.

Don't drive yourselves crazy checking the progress (or lack thereof) online!
Thank you the reassurance!