Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Skykiran said:
Hey Guys& Sophiee,

So I called CIC today to find out my landing appointment date. Call centre rep says Etibicoke has emailed me the landing appointment letter 2 days which me or my consultant haven't recieved it, However rep said my appointment of landing is on July 7th. Now can I go to Etibicoke office like 8 am when office opens without letter and tell them I haven't recieved the letter, Will they allow me. Although I would take 2 pictures , passport ofcourse my wife as she is sponsor. What do you think guys? . Anything else and can I go to office without the letter. Thank you so much Sophiee and guys... Good luck to all. Hope we all get through this quick with expedited processing times.
rsn just received landing appointment from the Etobicoke office for July 6th, 20 days after receiving the DM. You received DM only 10 days ago, so I think there is no reason to panic just yet. Don't forget that call centre agents often make up things. If you don't receive the invitation by June 27th you should email the office, but I would wait until then.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaznaz75 said:
Yea I still don't know how their OWP policy works - I had valid status before we sent in our application for Sponsorship. Its been 7 months I still haven't got the OWP so I don't know if you need to have valid status while your sponsorship application is being processed - AOR clearly states they received my application before my TRP expired no OWP here :/
If a person submits an Inland application alone, it will NOT give the person Implied Status to carry them throughout the entire process. The applicant needs to include the OWP at the same time, in the same envelope, to extend their status.

Another option (for those that do not include the OWP), is to submit an OWP prior to their status expiring. If CIC receives the OWP before status expires, Implied Status would also apply.

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Ponga said:
If a person submits an Inland application alone, it will NOT give the person Implied Status to carry them throughout the entire process. The applicant needs to include the OWP at the same time, in the same envelope, to extend their status.

Another option (for those that do not include the OWP), is to submit an OWP prior to their status expiring. If CIC receives the OWP before status expires, Implied Status would also apply.
Thanks for the clarification but I sent in my OWP along with the spousal application don't know what's going on with that application though.... I wish there was more transparency to everything that CIC say or does

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shaznaz75 said:
Thanks for the clarification but I sent in my OWP along with the spousal application don't know what's going on with that application though.... I wish there was more transparency to everything that CIC say or does
You definitely should have received the OWP by now. Did you pay the full amount of $255?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
Yea I did. I paid the 155 + 100 for "open" WP ...in the good old days it used to be 150 and they would process these owp's in under 3 weeks ...times have changed :(

vancouvernick

Oct 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 28, 2015
AOR Received.
Feb. 25, 2016
Med's Request
May 20, 2016
Med's Done....
May 20, 2016
LANDED..........
Aug. 4, 2016
i notice the spreadsheet is becoming very inconsistent in terms of time interval between medical request and DM...

on the upside, i think there are more and more March-August people getting DM

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
Hello all,

I just now got an email from CIC asking for my police certificate.
I suppose that's a good sign.

At any rate, I received my police certificate last August, and sent it to CIC via the case specific enquiry form this spring. As I've not been back to my home country since beginning my inland application here, I don't need a new certificate do I? I delayed sending it in by about 7 or 8 months, but again I applied inland.

So either they didn't get my certificate or they got it and don't believe it's sufficient. Hmmm.
Should I order another police certificate?

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
No disrespect to other people on here who have applied earlier in 2015 and I believe some might be waiting since 2014 but there should be a little bit of priority for people who have kids together and the kids are can nationals as well. In my case we have been married for over 8 years have 2 kids together it was only until last year we decided to get on with the sponsorship since getting visitor visa became a hassle and I decided to move back to Canada. Straight forward cases need to be processed asap - I know there are medical, security and other background checks but that shouldn't take 18-26 months no matter how many people might have applied for PR under this category. I share the same sense of frustration, pain and agony as most fellow members on here are going through!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Johninsask said:
Hello all,

At any rate, I received my police certificate last August, and sent it to CIC via the case specific enquiry form this spring. As I've not been back to my home country since beginning my inland application here, I don't need a new certificate do I? I delayed sending it in by about 7 or 8 months, but again I applied inland.

So either they didn't get my certificate or they got it and don't believe it's sufficient. Hmmm.
For sure u will have to get one if the previous one is expired....

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
shaznaz75 said:
Call the toll free number and ask the

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shaznaz75 said:
No disrespect to other people on here who have applied earlier in 2015 and I believe some might be waiting since 2014 but there should be a little bit of priority for people who have kids together and the kids are can nationals as well. In my case we have been married for over 8 years have 2 kids together it was only until last year we decided to get on with the sponsorship since getting visitor visa became a hassle and I decided to move back to Canada. Straight forward cases need to be processed asap - I know there are medical, security and other background checks but that shouldn't take 18-26 months no matter how many people might have applied for PR under this category. I share the same sense of frustration, pain and agony as most fellow members on here are going through!
No disrespect, but I believe that at least 85% of the cases are straightforward, with or without kids. None of those applicants should wait longer than 6 months (as it was the case several years ago). I don't think that anyone should be prioritized, if there are no red flags, the applications should be processed by a strict timeline.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Johninsask said:
Hello all,

Even if they accept your PCC, they need the original. So you can try and send the original now, arguing that you haven't left Canada since it was issued. They may still require a new one.

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
sophieee said:
Even if they accept your PCC, they need the original. So you can try and send the original now, arguing that you haven't left Canada since it was issued. They may still require a new one.
Thank you, Sophiee! :) Yes, we are dropping our afternoon plans to get the physical FBI certificate sent off asap. Interestingly, the letter says to send the certificate to CPC Vegreville. I have not gotten SA yet.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
For sure u will have to get one if the previous one is expired....
CIC changed the rules last year regarding PCC requirements.

Unless a person returns to their country (or the country where the PCC was issued), the original will not expire.

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
Update from 2015 May 25 applicant, today we received request to submit police certificate from birth country. We submitted it with application last year and we haven't left Canada since the application was delivered, but we will definitely order a new one and send it.