CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Lons said:
Hi, Yes I did. I received a form with my medical request. However, I went to an e-medical clinic so they provided me with a different form (that included all the same info on the form from CIC) and they returned the CIC form to me. If you go with a copy of your medical request, your UCI and file number, you should be fine (that was all that was on the form anyways).
Thank you so much to let me know Lons! I do have the UCI and other relevant info, but I don't have the bar code as well as the IME number which are all given on the form that the CIC provide. What is an IME number exactly? Is that issued by CIC or given by the doctor? Thank you.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We made an application under common law sponsorship last December, and cic send us AOR on feb, then this june they send us a file number again, which they already did last feb..
based on anyone's experience here, how long more did you wait to get the decision after receiving the file number?
longest time anyone waited also the shortest?
thank you so much! i just needed an idea :)

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
To all "inlanders",

I've been tracking the inland spousal processing time for quite a while, here is what I've found from it and I'm going to share my personal "theory". :)

1. Forget about the "26 month-first stage" & "12 month-second stage", it became BS since last summer (2015), because since then many cases have been processed and finalized within 18 months, with some lucky cases even completed as fast as 12 months.

Also, the 2 stage procedure were gradually integrated as one.

But why CIC website / Call centre now still insist the 26-month thing? I have no idea... and I don't really care, what I care more is below....

2. In both years 2015 and 2016, while previous year's March applications were under processed, CIC suddenly started processing the Sept applications, until end of the year.

Why CIC proceeded works under such "parallel queues" mode? I think this is a strategy to have the processing time stats reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. Let me explain with an example:

Say officers are capable to donduct 8 case this month,
backlog has 24 cases been waiting 6m - 18m (m=months)

- Under One queue mode: 18m, 18m, 17m, 17m, 16m, 16m, 15m, 15m,
then 75% case finalized in 17m, 50% case finalized in 16m

- Under Parallel queue: 18m, 18m, 17m, 17m, 12m, 12m, 11m, 11m,
then 75% case finalized in 17m, 50% case finalized in 12m ;D

OK, SIGNIFICANT reduction appears, but what if they want BETTER results? here we go:

- Under "Enhanced" Parallel queue: 18m, 18m, 12m, 12m, 11m, 11m, 10m, 10m
then 75% case finalized in 12m, 50% case finalized in 11m :eek:

This explians why many MORE later cases got processed along with A FEW older cases - CIC got huge pressure from the public and the new government, they need a BEAUTIFUL stats to show they're working hard and getting big progress! wow... isn't it amazing?

BUT, is CIC playing maths game to cheat us? well, I would say: Not really...

3. The processing time is really dropping.
Because, if you look at the spreadsheet, CIC officers are pretty hard working - within the last 1.5 months, they have processed almost 3 months' cases (with new human resources added? maybe...)

Therefore, all in all, under the government and the public's pressure, CIC is turley making efforts to reduce the spousal inland application's processing time, by integrating procedure stages and conducting more cases at a time, but they also play a small "trick" to make their performance report "more beautiful"... :p

Thus... is actually benefiting all applicants, with some even getting extra "lucky cookies"... : )

;)

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhuerma said:
To all "inlanders",

I've been tracking the inland spousal processing time for quite a while, here is what I've found from it and I'm going to share my personal "theory". :)

1. Forget about the "26 month-first stage" & "12 month-second stage", it became BS since last summer (2015), because since then many cases have been processed and finalized within 18 months, with some lucky cases even completed as fast as 12 months.

Also, the 2 stage procedure were gradually integrated as one.

But why CIC website / Call centre now still insist the 26-month thing? I have no idea... and I don't really care, what I care more is below....

2. In both years 2015 and 2016, while previous year's March applications were under processed, CIC suddenly started processing the Sept applications, until end of the year.

Why CIC proceeded works under such "parallel queues" mode? I think this is a strategy to have the processing time stats reduced SIGNIFICANTLY. Let me explain with an example:

Say officers are capable to donduct 8 case this month,
backlog has 24 cases been waiting 6m - 18m (m=months)

- Under One queue mode: 18m, 18m, 17m, 17m, 16m, 16m, 15m, 15m,
then 75% case finalized in 17m, 50% case finalized in 16m

- Under Parallel queue: 18m, 18m, 17m, 17m, 12m, 12m, 11m, 11m,
then 75% case finalized in 17m, 50% case finalized in 12m ;D

OK, SIGNIFICANT reduction appears, but what if they want BETTER results? here we go:

- Under "Enhanced" Parallel queue: 18m, 18m, 12m, 12m, 11m, 11m, 10m, 10m
then 75% case finalized in 12m, 50% case finalized in 11m :eek:

This explians why many MORE later cases got processed along with A FEW older cases - CIC got huge pressure from the public and the new government, they need a BEAUTIFUL stats to show they're working hard and getting big progress! wow... isn't it amazing?

BUT, is CIC playing maths game to cheat us? well, I would say: Not really...

3. The processing time is really dropping.
Because, if you look at the spreadsheet, CIC officers are pretty hard working - within the last 1.5 months, they have processed almost 3 months' cases (with new human resources added? maybe...)

Therefore, all in all, under the government and the public's pressure, CIC is turley making efforts to reduce the spousal inland application's processing time, by integrating procedure stages and conducting more cases at a time, but they also play a small "trick" to make their performance report "more beautiful"... :p

Thus... is actually benefiting all applicants, with some even getting extra "lucky cookies"... : )

;)
haha thanks to this! i hope i could be in to those lucky ones who get their positive decision in no time :)

pinkbug

Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate 06-07-2016 PCC submitted: 02-08-2016
AOR Received.
13-05-2015
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Request
15-06-2016
Med's Done....
30-06-2016
Interview........
06-09-2016
LANDED..........
06-09-2016

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
Could anyone kindly explains to me if the following statement is an AIP or an implication of Medical Request. Although I did the Med upfront, I still got two exactly the same emails asking me to do the Med. However CIC officer did not send me the Medical Form with the barcode on it and it's been concerned on that for the whole day and night...I'm trying to figure out what they're telling me in this email. Could anyone help?? Thanks a lot!

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
zhuerma said:
My ECAS hasn't been updated either, it usually takes a few days.
I don't think your case would have issues, not every applicant gets SP, AIP in once, and not necesserily gets both, if you look up the spreadsheet, some applicants get SP followed by DM.
You'll be fine. :)
I hope you're right! This process makes me crazy and doubt ourselves so much! Glad I've photocopied our application because I've checked it so many times to see if there has been errors - just checked my husband's email address to make sure it is right! Hopefully ECAS will be updated next Tuesday. Thanks for the reassurance!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
june1990 said:
We made an application under common law sponsorship last December, and cic send us AOR on feb, then this june they send us a file number again, which they already did last feb..
based on anyone's experience here, how long more did you wait to get the decision after receiving the file number?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
june1990 said:
when did u receive AOR? seems like we both r on same path i also received AOR on june. did u receive OWP?

Skykiran

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Hey Guys& Sophiee,

So I called CIC today to find out my landing appointment date. Call centre rep says Etibicoke has emailed me the landing appointment letter 2 days which me or my consultant haven't recieved it, However rep said my appointment of landing is on July 7th. Now can I go to Etibicoke office like 8 am when office opens without letter and tell them I haven't recieved the letter, Will they allow me. Although I would take 2 pictures , passport ofcourse my wife as she is sponsor. What do you think guys? . Anything else and can I go to office without the letter. Thank you so much Sophiee and guys... Good luck to all. Hope we all get through this quick with expedited processing times.

june1990

Jul 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
when did u receive AOR? seems like we both r on same path i also received AOR on june. did u receive OWP?
received my AOR on feb 3, then OWP on april 1, then June 9 cic just sent an email reminding us that we should let them know if there's any changes with our info..
when did you submit yours?

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Congrats Lons! You're one lucky cookie!:) I am a July applicant and nothing yet!

Lons said:
Hi, Yes I did. I received a form with my medical request. However, I went to an e-medical clinic so they provided me with a different form (that included all the same info on the form from CIC) and they returned the CIC form to me. If you go with a copy of your medical request, your UCI and file number, you should be fine (that was all that was on the form anyways).

Lons

May 15, 2016
Skykiran said:
Hey Guys& Sophiee,

So I called CIC today to find out my landing appointment date. Call centre rep says Etibicoke has emailed me the landing appointment letter 2 days which me or my consultant haven't recieved it, However rep said my appointment of landing is on July 7th. Now can I go to Etibicoke office like 8 am when office opens without letter and tell them I haven't recieved the letter, Will they allow me. Although I would take 2 pictures , passport ofcourse my wife as she is sponsor. What do you think guys? . Anything else and can I go to office without the letter. Thank you so much Sophiee and guys... Good luck to all. Hope we all get through this quick with expedited processing times.
How long has it been since you received your DM letter? There is still lots of time between now and July 7, and many people didn't receive a letter from the Etobicoke office until 4 weeks or so after DM letter. Maybe you'll receive it before your appointment? Maybe there's a way to contact the Etobicoke office directly?