+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
june1990 said:
received my AOR on feb 3, then OWP on april 1, then June 9 cic just sent an email reminding us that we should let them know if there's any changes with our info..
when did you submit yours?
My file was received on 9Dec AOR on 10 June. They said owp will be issued once I get SA

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
My file was received on 9Dec AOR on 10 June. They said owp will be issued once I get SA
Why? The OWP under the Pilot Program is issued based on the AOR, not SA?

Sounds like CIC is mistaken...again.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Why? The OWP under the Pilot Program is issued based on the AOR, not SA?

Sounds like CIC is mistaken...again.
R u sure ? How can I ask them? Before receiving AOR I DID CALL THEM THEY SAID UR OWP WILL BE ISSUE ONCE UR GET SA...

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
R u sure ? How can I ask them? Before receiving AOR I DID CALL THEM THEY SAID UR OWP WILL BE ISSUE ONCE UR GET SA...
Yes, I'm sure.

Here's what CIC says about the program:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp

Applicants in the following categories are eligible:

qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class.

As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued to eligible applicants under the SCLPC class at an earlier stage in processing. This pilot project will end on December 21, 2016.
Officers will issue open work permits to SCLPC class applicants if they meet the following requirements:
a permanent residence application has been submitted under the SCLPC class;
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse has submitted a sponsorship application on their behalf;
the SCLPC class applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor; and
the SCLPC class applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student, or worker).

Applicants whose application for permanent residence is being processed under the spousal public policy (subcategory “PP” in GCMS) on the basis that they do not have a valid temporary resident status are not eligible to be issued an open work permit under the pilot project. They must wait until they receive approval in principle to be eligible to apply for an open work permit.

It doesn't state anywhere, that you need SA before the OWP is issued.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Yes, I'm sure.

Here's what CIC says about the program:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/open.asp

Applicants in the following categories are eligible:

qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law partner in Canada (SCLPC) class.

As of December 22, 2014, open work permits may be issued to eligible applicants under the SCLPC class at an earlier stage in processing. This pilot project will end on December 21, 2016.
Officers will issue open work permits to SCLPC class applicants if they meet the following requirements:
a permanent residence application has been submitted under the SCLPC class;
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident spouse has submitted a sponsorship application on their behalf;
the SCLPC class applicant resides at the same address as the sponsor; and
the SCLPC class applicant has valid temporary resident status (as a visitor, student, or worker).

Applicants whose application for permanent residence is being processed under the spousal public policy (subcategory “PP” in GCMS) on the basis that they do not have a valid temporary resident status are not eligible to be issued an open work permit under the pilot project. They must wait until they receive approval in principle to be eligible to apply for an open work permit.

It doesn't state anywhere, that you need SA before the OWP is issued.
But it says we need to receive approval in principle right?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
But it says we need to receive approval in principle right?
Where does it say that?

A person that is out of status needs AIP before they are eligible for the `normal' OWP, but those that have status only need to have submitted their sponsorship application to qualify for the `new' OWP.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Where does it say that?

A person that is out of status needs AIP before they are eligible for the `normal' OWP, but those that have status only need to have submitted their sponsorship application to qualify for the `new' OWP.
Now am out of status n they said when my application was received by chic I was out of status as the immigration officer gave me 6 months visa which was expired on September.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Thank u ponga... do u have any idea normally how long it takes to get AIP
Last time I checked, it was ~ 16 months after CIC receives the sponsorship application. Since you applied in August 2015, you may be waiting another 6-7 months.

However, it looks like CIC is speeding things up a bit.

Good luck!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
Last time I checked, it was ~ 16 months after CIC receives the sponsorship application. Since you applied in August 2015, you may be waiting another 6-7 months.

However, it looks like CIC is speeding things up a bit.

Good luck!
Thank you

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today received landing interview email for the Etobicoke office, scheduled for July 6th.

Lons

May 15, 2016
rsn said:
Today received landing interview email for the Etobicoke office, scheduled for July 6th.
Fantastic. I received my DM letter yesterday, just waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office. How long ago did you receive DM?

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
angora said:
Could anyone kindly explains to me if the following statement is an AIP or an implication of Medical Request. Although I did the Med upfront, I still got two exactly the same emails asking me to do the Med. However CIC officer did not send me the Medical Form with the barcode on it and it's been concerned on that for the whole day and night...I'm trying to figure out what they're telling me in this email. Could anyone help?? Thanks a lot!

"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you and all your family members have met these requirements."
No, this is NOT a med request, just a standard AIP letter.
The sentenses you quoted are just a routine general statement which is sent to everyone regardless they've done the Med or not.

Plus your ECAS already shows "Your Medical Results has been received", you definitely don't have to go do another Med exam, just wait for your DM letter with a bit patience. :)

shaznaz75

Feb 25, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2015
Doc's Request.
24-11-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
10-02-2017
Passport Req..
10-02-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Thank you
Yea I still don't know how their OWP policy works - I had valid status before we sent in our application for Sponsorship. Its been 7 months I still haven't got the OWP so I don't know if you need to have valid status while your sponsorship application is being processed - AOR clearly states they received my application before my TRP expired no OWP here :/