16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
zhuerma said:
Have you clicked on your husband's "application received" to check the details?
How many rows of words inside the detail page so far?
Just the one row - We received your application on September 11, 2015. It hasn't been updated at all to reflect the AIP email we got or the medical request. The weird thing is that we got SA and AIP on the same day, and my sponsor side of things was updated immediately.

confusedhusband

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarioPavlovich said:
I don't see any good reason why would you guys think that second aor is a bad sign.They notified applicant and sponsor,that's all. I got second AOR in Feb ...
I don't take it as a bad sign !! It's just that when you get the same kinda letter from CIC twice (4 months later ) you just wonder. and you are just trying to get the information from others who are or have been in the same situation. Nothing more to it .

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
dominokitty said:
Just the one row - We received your application on September 11, 2015. It hasn't been updated at all to reflect the AIP email we got or the medical request. The weird thing is that we got SA and AIP on the same day, and my sponsor side of things was updated immediately.
Med request won't be reflected on ECAS, AIP will, but not necessarily be updated real-time, it sometimes comes late with Med result received or even by the DM stage.

I guess at the moment they're retrieving your Med reports to make the positive final decision, in a few days your husband's ECAS will suddenly get updated with 2 or 3 extra rows at one time, such as:
"We sent you a letter on June xx, 2016. "
"Medical results have been received. "

Hope my guess is right.
:)

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
zhuerma said:
Med request won't be reflected on ECAS, AIP will, but not necessarily be updated real-time, it sometimes comes late with Med result received or even by the DM stage.

I guess at the moment they're retrieving your Med reports to make the positive final decision, in a few days your husband's ECAS will suddenly get updated with 2 or 3 extra rows at one time, such as:
"We sent you a letter on June xx, 2016. "
"Medical results have been received. "

Hope my guess is right.
:)
So.. my husband let me know just now that he got an email from CIC today, lol! It was a second AOR - strange considering they already sent approval in principle and a medical request for him. Of course they received his appliction, haha. Very, very weird. When did second AOR become a thing?

I expect we'll get a decision made sometime in the next couple of weeks - they needed the medical by June 16 so I figure they'll open up our file again then and approve it. At least, that's what I keep telling myself!

GlenL

Oct 16, 2015
Good evening all. We also received our second AOR today. November 2, 2015 applicants, after just receiving SA and AIP June 2 as well. I also have some odd things happening with our address as well, they just can't seem to get it right:

1. Applied Nov 2, 2015 with what is now our old address
2. Sent Case Specific Inquiry regarding Address change in January 2016
3. Received first AOR, and information was now in ECAS for the first time. Old address was still showing there, so I used the 'ECAS' address change option now available to me
4. February, received OWP (to old address.. see the trend?) Luckily I have mail forwarded for a year.
5. Called CIC re: address, they said the address had been changed to the new one since "April 25". No explanation as to why ECAS doesn't show this.
6. June 2, received SA and AIP via email, top of form letter had our old address.
7. Sent another Case Specific Inquiry re: upfront medical June 6. Also made a note regarding the new address.
8. Until today, ECAS for sponsor showed both "Home address" and "mailing address" as the old, incorrect one. ECAS for the applicant showed only "Home address" as the new correct address.
Now, today, ECAS shows only "Home address" for sponsor (mailing address is now gone). Home address is now new, correct address for sponsor. Applicant is only 'Home Address' and is incorrect old one.
9. Received second AOR today, again, old incorrect address listed at the top.

I have my mail forwarded, so it's not the end of the world I suppose. Just sharing for the sake of sharing my experience. I would strongly suggest having your mail forwarded via Canada Post if you move though :)

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
Hey guys! I'm March 2015 applicant. I received med request on 31 May and did it on 8th June. Can I expect SA/AIP soon?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
binnie said:
Hey guys! I'm March 2015 applicant. I received med request on 31 May and did it on 8th June. Can I expect SA/AIP soon?
That's great!! I hope you get it soon!

binnie

Oct 17, 2014
Yeah! Waiting for it! But some people receive SA/AIP before Med. So, it it bad I got med request before AIP/SA?

Skykiran

Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2015
Doc's Request.
13-03-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2015
Can_2016 said:
Congratulations :) did u receive DM in email or regular mail? Also did you receive AIP?
Thank you!. I got by email to my consultant.

butterfly5062

Dec 20, 2015
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
2nd AOR received by applicant not the sponsor that my permanent residence under spouse was received by CIC in 12/08/2015

What is this 2nd AOR ? is this mean that SA/ AIP is next on the process ...thanks a lot..

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
butterfly5062 said:
2nd AOR received by applicant not the sponsor that my permanent residence under spouse was received by CIC in 12/08/2015

What is this 2nd AOR ? is this mean that SA/ AIP is next on the process ...thanks a lot..
seems like they sent out AOR on june 10 to a lot of people?
we never got an AOR email or letter, though it showed on their website that they received our application back in sept, but yesterday we finally got an AOR by email to my wife (applicant). However we have already received DM mid last month and her landing imterview ia already set for the next week so I think maybe it was an automated AOR to a bumch of people because they thought they missed sending them out?

sinimat

Mar 17, 2016
I just want to make something clear that is confusing me: does approval in principle mean the letter from CIC where they say you meet the requirements to apply PR? I can't figure it out, nowhere is it explained exactly which letter AIP means! We got approval of sponsor and approval of sponsorship at the same time, May 20th. Ecas only says application received

Also I have flights booked to my home country (visa exempt) in August, we are going together with my husband for two weeks. I just read about this:
" in some instances, an applicant may voluntarily and temporarily leave Canada during the processing of their application. When processing applications for temporary resident visas for foreign nationals with an application for permanent residence in Canada in progress, take into consideration whether approval in principle (first-stage approval) has been granted. It is consistent with IRPA, and in the best interests of both CIC and the applicant, to facilitate the re-entry of these applicants as temporary residents in order to continue processing their application for permanent residence from within Canada."

This basically means there should be no problems for me to enter back to Canada since I have the first stage approval, right? Have I understood this correctly?

EDIT: found an answer to my own question: "Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if: you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members." :)

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
dominokitty said:
Hi, I did my Med upfront in Oct 2015.
I checked my Ecas today and it shows
2. Medical result has been received.
So, could anyone tell me what does that mean? Is that SA or AIP? What's the next step after that?
Many thanks!!

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
sinimat -

Yes as you noted, that letter is AIP.

That paragraph you quoted are instructions to Visa Officers from what I remember. But VO's use their discretion and often don't recall their poilicy handbook word for word. So basically, there is no sure thing at all that they would give a visa or that CBSA would allow entry. They let some people in in those situations, but also deny some people. It's a risk.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
angora said:
Hi, I did my Med upfront in Oct 2015.
I checked my Ecas today and it shows
2. Medical result has been received.
So, could anyone tell me what does that mean? Is that SA or AIP? What's the next step after that?
Many thanks!!
That is not SA or AIP. Just a file update. Generally, SA/AIP is next, but could come soon or not for months. No way to know.