+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
vancouvernick said:
there is really no need to yell or panic :)

AOR = Acknowledgement of Receive, like the name suggested it means they have got your application...

The application number is for you to check your application status on eCAS (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp)

After AOR, the next step should be SA (sponsor approval). If you have done medical exam and sent everything (police certificate, the right of PR fees etc.) in the original package then you might get SA, AIP (approval of the principle applicant) and DM (decision made) notice in one day.

I highly suggest you take a deep breath (chill buddy) and browse through the spreadsheet...
Thank you buddy actually I was so worried but after seeing ur reply I am so relaxed.... usually how long it takes for next step I hAve sent all medical PCC n all along with the application...

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
dominokitty said:
Just the one row - We received your application on September 11, 2015. It hasn't been updated at all to reflect the AIP email we got or the medical request. The weird thing is that we got SA and AIP on the same day, and my sponsor side of things was updated immediately.
Just a side question, my timeline is very much similar to yours. done the medical (again) in May and now ecas says they received my medical result. do you know what is our next step and approx timeline for DM??

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
I just got on an unexpected email today from CIC stating that I was approved as sponsor... assuming this is SA??? Completely shocked to be receiving this ... thought I'd have to wait a lot more months given the 26 month processing time on the CIC website.

Lons

May 15, 2016
volkov said:
this is interesting the way they explain it. I was always under the impression that the waiting period was because they were understaffed, not because of some quota type system as they explain it in this press release. Are they lying? And if this press release is true, then how do they justify the difference in waiting time between inland and outland applications, if the slowdown is really due to quota and not staffing issues.

Something stinks about this whole issue
I've always been under the impression that outland applicants receive priority because CIC is committed to reuniting families. In-land applicants can be pushed off until next year if the quota is reached for this year because they are already with their spouse and there's a greater need for reunification in outland applications. We should try to accept CIC's press releases at their word, assuming they are lying is no good for anyone :)

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
lauralee15 said:
I just got on an unexpected email today from CIC stating that I was approved as sponsor... assuming this is SA??? Completely shocked to be receiving this ... thought I'd have to wait a lot more months given the 26 month processing time on the CIC website.
Congrats!!!! When was ur application received by CIC? Did u get an OWP?

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Congrats!!!! When was ur application received by CIC? Did u get an OWP?
Upon closer look at the email, it does not actually say the word approved it says "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". Is this the same thing as being approved?

Our application was received on November 6/15. AOR received April 29/16. OWP received February 29/16. We did submit medical upfront.

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
lauralee15 said:
Upon closer look at the email, it does not actually say the word approved it says "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor". Is this the same thing as being approved?

Our application was received on November 6/15. AOR received April 29/16. OWP received February 29/16. We did submit medical upfront.
Yes that's what SA is soon u will receive ur DM... keep ur figures cross!!!

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Yes that's what SA is soon u will receive ur DM... keep ur figures cross!!!
Could u tell me what does ur AOR letter says? I hAve received the AOR it doesn't says that they started working on it just says that an agent will review ur file and keep the passport valid.....

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
ROBIN PHILIP said:
Could u tell me what does ur AOR letter says? I hAve received the AOR it doesn't says that they started working on it just says that an agent will review ur file and keep the passport valid.....
Mine said "this is an automated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application. Your app has been assigned with a unique file number. This confirms that your app for PR under spousal or common-law canada class has been received on 07/2015."

That is it basically.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
lauralee15 said:
We've got the emails too, received the SP email followed by the AIP email 13 minutes after.

Applicant's ECAS hasn't been updated yet, and strangely sponsor never had ECAS access, how about you Lauralee15?

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
zhuerma said:
We've got the emails too, received the SP email followed by the AIP email 13 minutes after.

Applicant's ECAS hasn't been updated yet, and strangely sponsor never had ECAS access, how about you Lauralee15?
We didn't get the AIP email at all yet, so hoping that doesn't indicate a problem...

Nothing updated on ECAS yet.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
lauralee15 said:
We didn't get the AIP email at all yet, so hoping that doesn't indicate a problem...

Nothing updated on ECAS yet.
No worries you'll probably get it later today or tomorrow.
Can you check the ECAS with the sponsor's UCI? mine never can, only the applicant's UCI works.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
zhuerma said:
No worries you'll probably get it later today or tomorrow.
Can you check the ECAS with the sponsor's UCI? mine never can, only the applicant's UCI works.
Yes, we can check with sponsor's UCI

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
km9203 said:
Mine said "this is an automated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application. Your app has been assigned with a unique file number. This confirms that your app for PR under spousal or common-law canada class has been received on 07/2015."

That is it basically.
This letter I received first along with application UCI number in file received dates which I received on January