+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

zuzuzu

Feb 19, 2015
Hey everyone!

Last week I finally got an email inviting me for a landing interview (yay!).
I prepared all documents the letter lists but today it hit me that when they say "current and expired temporary resident documents issued by IRCC", it might mean I need to present the officer with my old passport because in 2010-2011 I spent a year in Canada working on a temporary working visa (Working Holiday program) which was stamped in my old passport. However, I don't have that passport with me in Canada as it's no longer valid. The interview is tomorrow so I am not able to have it shipped here.

I do have my current OWP and my current passport but I don't know what to do if they need my old passport. I could also print scans of my old passport, including the old temporary work permit but I'm not sure if that would help at all.

Does anyone have any idea if this is going to be a problem? I'd really appreciate any help.

Mmi362

Jun 8, 2015
Today I got AIP email along with medical request. Cic received my application on October 20 2016. I'm happy and confused at the same time as I did a medical upfront so no idea why their requesting it again and it was less than a year ago so not expired. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How should I contact them regarding this.

zeloyyy

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Mmi362 said:
Today I got AIP email along with medical request. Cic received my application on October 20 2016. I'm happy and confused at the same time as I did a medical upfront so no idea why their requesting it again and it was less than a year ago so not expired. Has anyone else experienced this issue? How should I contact them regarding this.
yes, i was in the exactly same situation. I sent a new medical anyways. I just didn't want to take any risks what so ever. And i just got an update saying that they have received my medical today.

Best of luck!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
smoynes said:
Can anyone tell me if we can apply OUTLAND even if the CiC in Australia us aware that we are in Canada now? I'm Canadian born and my husband is here as a Visitor planning on applying for his PR. It is a lot fadter, and I'm still employed in Oz. With a good job in Canada shortly.
You definitely can and definitely SHOULD apply outland if you husband is from Australia. He can be a PR within 6 months. You can apply outland from anywhere, you can apply inland only if you live in Canada. It's irrelevant where you are employed, you just need to prove (with your Notice of Assessment) that you don't receive any social assistance.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Daisyli122 said:
Thank you Ponga, we don't have a file number as we never received our AOR.
I am going to call CIC later and ask for our file number.once I get that I will order the notes!
Are you sure that you need a file number? I haven't checked it for a while, so I'm just guessing but I think you should be able to order without that.
Here are some more information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.k8ddeqc5qnkx

You can also contact your MP and get more information through them.

Good luck!

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
zeloyyy said:
yes, i was in the exactly same situation. I sent a new medical anyways. I just didn't want to take any risks what so ever. And i just got an update saying that they have received my medical today.

Best of luck!!
Oh that's terrible :eek:. I also did my med exam beforehand. Does the med exam expire in 6 months, or it's just they would not accept med exam record beforehand? I'm confused but don't want to get a blood test and X-ray for another time, as they are not good for health and painful, plus additional few hundred of bucks spent on that...No one tells us that med exam done beforehand is not acceptable. Sometimes it could take up to weeks of waiting before getting the med exam.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Mmi362 said:
You must mean October 20th, 2015. Crazy that they keep working on October apps and ignore March-August apps.

As for the medical, that's weird. When was your medical done? I might just email a scan of the same upfront medical confirmation sheet (and payment receipt) of the original medical to gently "remind" them that's it's already been done, along with asking for confirmation of if they require you to re-do the medical again. IMO, they probably overlooked it. Using email will be fast and hopefully resolves the issue.

You used an E-medical doctor right? If it was not, maybe the paperwork never got to CIC or got lost at CIC.

Mmi362

Jun 8, 2015
sawadee-eh said:
You must mean October 20th, 2015. Crazy that they keep working on October apps and ignore March-August apps.

As for the medical, that's weird. When was your medical done? I might just email a scan of the same upfront medical confirmation sheet (and payment receipt) of the original medical to gently "remind" them that's it's already been done, along with asking for confirmation of if they require you to re-do the medical again. IMO, they probably overlooked it. Using email will be fast and hopefully resolves the issue.

You used an E-medical doctor right? If it was not, maybe the paperwork never got to CIC or got lost at CIC.
Sorry I meant October 2015. I was surprised myself. It seems CIC has picked up the pace but not fair to ignore earlier applicants.
I did my medical in August 2015 so not even close to expired and it was done with an emedical doctor.

M.barakat

Feb 23, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I sent my application in June 2015 and received AOR in February 2016.. which is after 8 months. My status online says application received on June 8th 2015.

They aren't asking for anything else. Is it normal?
And one more thing:

My proceasing time says 26 months does it mean it's already been 12 months as they said they received application June 2015.

Any similar situation or encouragement please reply. And good luck to everyone here.

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
Hello,

I am new here and I would like a bit of information and some much needed support :)

Here is some background info about my application :

I applied for inland sponsorship in the beginning of March 2015. I got AOR by the end of March 2015.

Recently, the information has been put on eCAS and was asked to go for my medical examination at the end of April 2016, this has been completed and the results have been "received" by CIC. I have read on the Canadian immigration website that CIC will contact me within 3 months of receiving the Medical Examination results to notify my of the next step in the application.

What exactly is the next step ? Can anyone tell me from experience ?

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
M.barakat said:
Hi Everyone,

I sent my application in June 2015 and received AOR in February 2016.. which is after 8 months. My status online says application received on June 8th 2015.

They aren't asking for anything else. Is it normal?
And one more thing:

My proceasing time says 26 months does it mean it's already been 12 months as they said they received application June 2015.

Any similar situation or encouragement please reply. And good luck to everyone here.
I'm sorry it took so long to get AOR! That must have been stressful. Your time starts from the day CIC received your package, so yes your application is 11 months old.

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
We got an email for each.

Pacino12

May 24, 2016
Thank you :) ... what about the next steps after the medical exam ... It says online it is pretty much DM. Will it take 3 months until then ?

FarhanS

May 25, 2016
Pacino12 said:
Thank you :) ... what about the next steps after the medical exam ... It says online it is pretty much DM. Will it take 3 months until then ?
I didn't receive any details past Medical exam - 14 months after the AOR you should get your SA (email / mail / lawyer).