+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Mbazinga said:
Sept. 17th 2015 Nothing yet :( ... Did all Sept. applicants get their SA/AIP ?
Just take a look at the spreadsheet that has been referenced in this thread many times. It shows the progress and timelines of peoples' applications.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
shreecharan said:
Am july person too...So far i have got OWP and AIP...They are requesting for MEDS and Original police check from my country as the one i sent in expired..
I hope we are able to get PR before DEC 2015 cant wait to go home
I think you are the second forum member to have a July 2015 app get AIP, but are not on the spreadsheet. Maybe you could add your info to the spreadsheet so people can get a more accurate idea of processing schedule.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
mischbrot said:
Thanks Blossom, actually I have a «DECISION MADE» as well. So it might as well only be the same sort of interview you went through. That would be awesome ;D

And it only says please bring the following original documents:

• A valid passport or travel document. If you were previously advised that you are exempt from the passport requirement, bring other documents establishing your identity;
  • The "Québec selection certificate" issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI);
  • Two photographs are required for you and each person in your family in Canada included in your permanent residence application. Follow the link below for more specifications; cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/prcard.asp
  • Proof of Right of Permanent Residence Fee payment (RPRF) of $490,00.

I just hope thats really everything, just want this to be over....
Then it should just be your landing! Congrats! and all the best! :)

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
Blossom318 said:
Then it should just be your landing! Congrats! and all the best! :)
That's what it was. Thank you, I am now officially PR of Canada ;D

All the best to everyone that is still waiting, hope you'll get it over with soon!

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very generally speaking (given that processing times have been totally thrown out the window recently), how long after a medical exam can you expect to hear from CIC regarding a decision?

mischbrot

Mar 30, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2014
Interview........
20-05-2016
kcura said:
Very generally speaking (given that processing times have been totally thrown out the window recently), how long after a medical exam can you expect to hear from CIC regarding a decision?
I guess that depends when you did your medicals. I did mine upfront and I haven't heard from CIC for 14 months.

Babinha

May 20, 2016
ghelzkhie said:
I'm sept 10 2015 applicant. .got SA and AIP today .. :) :) :)

So.. Our timeline is similar. CIC Mississauga received my app in Aug 24, 2015. My medical was done in July 22, 2015. My husband (sponsor) received an AOR email in Nov 26. I received an Email with my AOR letter in April 26, 2016. Very similar to what my husband received. I wonder how long it is going to take now for more news.

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mischbrot said:
I guess that depends when you did your medicals. I did mine upfront and I haven't heard from CIC for 14 months.
Eep. We just had ours done today. ???

Also: We ran into a bit of an issue with my husband's name at the clinic. My husband is Vietnamese, so they write their names the opposite of how Canadians would write them. For example, let's say his name would be written traditionally as Nguyen (father's last name) Pham (mom's last name) Khanh (middle name) Linh (first name), whereas Canadians would write it as Linh Khanh Pham Nguyen.

Now, somehow CIC has written his name as Pham Khanh Linh Nguyen on all of his records, and this came up at the medical exam because the X-Ray technician called my husband "Pham" and he said, That's actually not my first name. So the people at the clinic wanted to change the order of his name upfront in eMedical. They told us that eMedical and CIC were the "same thing" - which if they are, I did not know, and I was extremely hesitant just doing it at the clinic and not through CIC directly.

Can anyone advise on this?

P.S. this is not his real name lol.

zhuerma

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015 OWP Received.: 13-04-2016
AOR Received.
12-05-2016 SA+AIP emails: 14-06-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront(10-2015) Med Rec'd (ecas): 06-06-2016
Interview........
06-12-2016 DM................: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2017
kcura said:
Eep. We just had ours done today. ???

Also: We ran into a bit of an issue with my husband's name at the clinic. My husband is Vietnamese, so they write their names the opposite of how Canadians would write them. For example, let's say his name would be written traditionally as Nguyen (father's last name) Pham (mom's last name) Khanh (middle name) Linh (first name), whereas Canadians would write it as Linh Khanh Pham Nguyen.

Now, somehow CIC has written his name as Pham Khanh Linh Nguyen on all of his records, and this came up at the medical exam because the X-Ray technician called my husband "Pham" and he said, That's actually not my first name. So the people at the clinic wanted to change the order of his name upfront in eMedical. They told us that eMedical and CIC were the "same thing" - which if they are, I did not know, and I was extremely hesitant just doing it at the clinic and not through CIC directly.

Can anyone advise on this?

P.S. this is not his real name lol.
The order of family name and given name doesn't really matter as long as the spelling of each word is correct. CIC's officers are all used to it since they read all sorts of names from different nationalities every day.

To get your name spelling consistant and easier to be identified, I suggest:
1. Split your name into family name part, and given name part;
2. Spell your family name part in the order of how people call you in your hometown, so does the given name part;
3. If family name part contains two words or more, always cap all letters;
4. When write the family name part in front, use a comma to separate from the given name part;

As such, if in your husband's hometown people call him Khanh~Linh, and last name Nguyen~Pham, then his name would be written like this in Canada:
Khanh Linh NGUYEN PHAM
or
NGUYEN PHAM, Khanh Linh
:)

angora

Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2015
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Med's Done....
Redo on 28-06-2016 (upfront Med did on Oct.06, 2015)
angora said:
Thanks Zhuerma! I'll come back to check it. ;)
Good luck and hope CIC could expedite the process.
Today I'm able to check my application status online, but only use either the application # + my last name or my own UCI + my last name. The sponsor (my husband)'s UCI doesn't work. Thanks for letting me know. So far it only shows that they've received my application. Now start to count...

Thanks again for letting me know, Zhuerma!

Skinner

Apr 18, 2016
Did anyone else submit an expired police clearance certificate like I did? Because before I submit my application, I called CIC and ask them about it. They said it should be fine as long as you did not return to that country after obtaining the pcc but it seems like I might need to get new pcc from 3 different country (again) because I notice that CIC has been requesting a new pcc for the ones we sent that's already expired. I hope they don't request for a new one coz mine took a few months before I received it.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Skinner said:
Did anyone else submit an expired police clearance certificate like I did? Because before I submit my application, I called CIC and ask them about it. They said it should be fine as long as you did not return to that country after obtaining the pcc but it seems like I might need to get new pcc from 3 different country (again) because I notice that CIC has been requesting a new pcc for the ones we sent that's already expired. I hope they don't request for a new one coz mine took a few months before I received it.

Same here......I have sent in an expired one 2010 .....However i made a note explaining why and that am in the process of getting another one from my country,i sent a copy of my finger prints with the old pcc to cpc missisauga..Am in the process of getting a new one all they need in my home country are my finger prints,copy of my national I.D which i have already sent.Embassy here takes over 4 months but directly from my country is 2 weeks actually a day to get to it and may be 2 wees to get here in canada .

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhuerma said:
The order of family name and given name doesn't really matter as long as the spelling of each word is correct. CIC's officers are all used to it since they read all sorts of names from different nationalities every day.

To get your name spelling consistant and easier to be identified, I suggest:
1. Split your name into family name part, and given name part;
2. Spell your family name part in the order of how people call you in your hometown, so does the given name part;
3. If family name part contains two words or more, always cap all letters;
4. When write the family name part in front, use a comma to separate from the given name part;

As such, if in your husband's hometown people call him Khanh~Linh, and last name Nguyen~Pham, then his name would be written like this in Canada:
Khanh Linh NGUYEN PHAM
or
NGUYEN PHAM, Khanh Linh
:)
Thanks so much for your input!! I hope it won't be too hard to have his name rearranged in the proper order once he gets his PR ^^

dominokitty

Mar 19, 2014
Canada - Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2015
Med's Request
16-05-2016
Med's Done....
upfront, then again on 25-05-2016
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
30-06-2016 - Calgary
Hey everyone! Quick question - what can we expect for my husband's medical tomorrow? Do we need to bring new photos with us, or will they take them at the office (it's set up for e-medical)?

He did his last medical back in Austria before he came to Canada. We're just not sure if it is the same process here?

He has an appointment with the main doctor first, who has an xray machine in his office for the chest xrays, but then we need to head somewhere else for the blood work. The lab said they would send the results to the doctor automatically. Does that sound about right??

crystallps

May 21, 2015
dominokitty said:
Hey everyone! Quick question - what can we expect for my husband's medical tomorrow? Do we need to bring new photos with us, or will they take them at the office (it's set up for e-medical)?

He did his last medical back in Austria before he came to Canada. We're just not sure if it is the same process here?

He has an appointment with the main doctor first, who has an xray machine in his office for the chest xrays, but then we need to head somewhere else for the blood work. The lab said they would send the results to the doctor automatically. Does that sound about right??
Some places will take the photos there so I would call the office and check. I did mine at an e-medical place and they took photos and sent everything directly to CIC. Make sure you leave with some kind of receipt (mine had my photo, info, and a barcode). Some (maybe all?) doctors require passports for ID so bring that.

You will need to do the exam, x-rays, and bloodwork. It could be all at the same office or you might have to go to three different places. If I remember correctly, the first doctor will give you paperwork to take to the x-rays and blood tests. I would mention at each place that you are doing this for immigration. All the results should be sent directly to CIC. I included my receipt from the main doctor as "proof of medical exam" in my application.