Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Is it important to attach the 'Certified A True Photostatic Copy Print of Record' for marriages performed in Ontario? Or the just the marriage certificate would suffice?

jims_89

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
October 16, 2017 Recieved
AOR Received.
Waiting
UPDATE ON AOR

I just received my AOR Email.
Application Received : November 4th,2015
OWP: Received in February

I guess they are working on Oct-Nov applicants finally.
Goodluck to all.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zergcraft said:
Hello Everyone,

Quick question or advice recommendation:

Me and my common law partner are going to apply soon for her PR through inland.
We lived in Australia for the entirety of 2015 (We are now in Canada, her being in Visitor visa), however we did not have a shared lease agreement signed for our room (cash only transactions).
We moved to another unit in Australia in June 2015 with plenty of evidence (Lease agreement, deposit receipts, rent receipts, etc).

We do however have a shared bank account and credit card with a statement showing it was active on March 2015. We also have shared plane tickets, visa stamps, letters from bank/aus govt with same address, and 5 notarized letters from our parents and friends (both sides) stating that we were living in Australia starting January 2015.

My question is, should we wait another month and apply in June just to be safe? Or is the evidence that we have prior to June 2015 sufficient?

Thanks guys/gals.
I'd wait until June and then submit an OUTLAND application, which a person can do even if they are IN Canada. It will be substantially faster than Inland.

gill1770

Jan 2, 2016
micky007 said:
Thanks gill,
I was thinking to send the application too_Online applications are way faster than mail one.Do you think I can use the same receipts for online application?I mean i can scan and upload it.I could not see any option tho.I have the old receipts I upload all the required documents for online appliction but step 4 is saying you need credit card in order to pay the 255$ actually.I dont want to pay it again?Any help gill sir..

regards
Unfortunately you can only apply OWP online if the first step of you PR which is AIP is done. For now the only option you have is paper application using the copy of same old receipts so that you don't have to pay for it again.

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
Hello experts

I m Nov, 4th Applicant. Already OWP'd. I received a CIC email today notifying me that my Schedule A background/ Declaration form has some time gaps (specifications given on the letter) and I must submit a new one. On top of the letter UCI No and Application No are mentioned.
Also the letter states that I should submit this requested information via Case Specific Enquiry form online.
Now this brings me to my questions:

1. Although I now have a UCI and Application No, Im still unable to see my application status online. I was under the impression that once i have this info i can see my case status or atleast applicant profile online ?
2. Am I required to fill up a new complete Schedule A Background form or just the missing information ?
3. Since I cannot see my application status using the given UCI + App No. Would that have any implications when sending required info via CSE.
4. Lastly when I send this document via CSE method would I get a proof delivery and description of the item sent for my future ref in case something goes wrong ?
Or is it better to send it via registered Canada Post ??

Thanks alot for all the help fellow members and experts

riz.1

Nov 23, 2015
One more question please
when sending document via Case Specific Enquiry - what do I select under Type Of Application drop down option
  • Sponcership - spouse, common law partner in Canada
or
  • Varification of status, replacements and amendments of documents

Thanks

Perlita

Apr 22, 2016
jims_89 said:
UPDATE ON AOR

I just received my AOR Email.
Application Received : November 4th,2015
OWP: Received in February

I guess they are working on Oct-Nov applicants finally.
Goodluck to all.
Yes!! I got mine in March I applied October 19th, mine also says I should get a resolution by April 2017, did you said anything else?

ROBIN PHILIP

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Ponga said:
If you sent the Inland application on August 30, 201, why did it take so long for CIC to receive it? Did you send it with some sort of delivery confirmation (please say yes)?

This is a problem because:

Your legal status expired March 23, but you are still covered under Implied status if you have proof that CIC has received your OWP and that it is not being returned, due to an error on your part. This `error' is usually an underpayment of the fee. The full and correct amount is $255 ($155 + $100 for the permit holder fee). Many people fail to include the $100 fee, so they have their OWP returned.
Actually we paid only 155$ but I received a mail from CIC saying that they received my application on dec 9th. so what do you think is there a possibility for me to get the OWP or its been rejected?

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
Perlita said:
Yes!! I got mine in March I applied October 19th, mine also says I should get a resolution by April 2017, did you said anything else?
April 2017? that is pretty good. it is much faster than the stated 26 months on the website!

congrats!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Hi Everyone. I have a question and someone suggested that I ask it here.

We live in Toronto and submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application & work permit application late March last month and it was received by CPC Mississauga a couple of days later. The only thing that we did not do yet is the medical. My question is, should we do the medical now or should we wait to do they request it from us?

The reason we are unsure is that the processing time on the website is 26 months (over 2 years--long time) and someone told me that they may ask for the medical to be redone anyway.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

zumbagirl

Mar 15, 2016
browning911 said:

We live in Toronto and submitted an inland spousal sponsorship application & work permit application late March last month and it was received by CPC Mississauga a couple of days later. The only thing that we did not do yet is the medical. My question is, should we do the medical now or should we wait to do they request it from us?

The reason we are unsure is that the processing time on the website is 26 months (over 2 years--long time) and someone told me that they may ask for the medical to be redone anyway.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
I think the medical is good only for one year
cheers

cutetwins

Star Member
Dec 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
24-Apr-2015/ SA and AIP Apr 12,2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - Jan 2016
browning911 said:

Thanks in advance for your assistance. Hello, you should do it a year after

life_life

Apr 23, 2016
gill1770 said:
I am not 100% sure but as far as i know CIC does not consider implied status eligible to apply for a work permit. They need to to see a temporary resident status which can be visitor or a work permit which is about to expire but not expired yet. I am also waiting on my OWP applied two weeks after you but if you have your visitor permit restored i don't think they will have any issue now. You can send a brand new application with the same old receipts just to be safe and if your first application is approved your second will be void which wont effect you any way.
How do you know about this policy ? Is there any source for that ? Besides Micky007, have you known anyone else that suffered that terrible trouble ? I ask these questions because my situation is exactly same to Micky007's one. I also applied for open work permit under visitor implied status. 15 days after the date I sent out the application for OWP, CIC approved my visitor extension application and now I have full visitor status. My OWP application has been in the CIC office for one month so far and I think they haven't touched it. What should I do now ? Thank you.

P/S: This is the first time I have heard that if we apply for OWP under implied status, that app will be declined. Can someone confirm this ?
Micky007, I am so sorry for you. Really really feel sorry for you and for me too. You and me have been reading all posts in this thread for months ( I am a silent user), why didn't we know about this policy, why didn't someone mention it before? So sad!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC most certainly DOES recognize Implied Status!

No idea what happened to Micky007, but many people are getting their OWP while under Implied Status.

2015daisy

Feb 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
sent with app
I got my aip !!! What does this mean ?? Someone please explain. What does it mean that the first stage is approved?