+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

crystallps

May 21, 2015
kcura said:
Thanks so much for your response. It definitely helps to know that we're not alone in hearing nothing from CIC. :/ Should we be expecting an email or snail mail once we receive the OWP?
I believe the OWP is sent by regular mail.

Not sure if you have seen the timeline document, but it helps to see when others from the same application date are getting correspondence.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=1992004750

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Also if I could also be added to that timeline that would be great!

App received: Oct 2nd, 2015
Country of origin: USA
Canadian city we live in: Calgary, AB
Medical, police, and OWP all sent with PR app.

Zero correspondence so far but hopefully only a few more days until the OWP is processed.

kcura

Aug 14, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
I believe the OWP is sent by regular mail.

Not sure if you have seen the timeline document, but it helps to see when others from the same application date are getting correspondence.
This is great, thank you!

Would like to be added to the timeline as well:

App received: Oct 9, 2015
Country of origin: Vietnam
Canadian city we live in: London, ON
OWP sent together with PR app. Submitted Record of Solemnization first; sent in marriage certificate first week of December.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hello people.We want to move from Alberta to Quebec.Can we do that?

Me and my wife(spnsor) are in process from may 2015?

Thanks

MrJanevski

Jul 13, 2015
MrJanevski said:
Hello Everyone,

Me and my husband (who is my sponsor) aplied in April 2015. In July 2015 he reacive AOR email, and now (January 2016) I found AOR letter for me in our mail box.

Is this meaning something? Is normal procedure for everyone? Or maybe thay start with my application finaly?

Thank you

Any help? :(

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
MrJanevski said:
Any help? :(
Did it say the same thing as the first one you received? Just that they received your application? Sometimes CIC sends out doubles. The first one probably has the sponsors UCI and the second one probably has yours. Or its just a duplicate

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
mirko86 said:
Hello people.We want to move from Alberta to Quebec.Can we do that?

Me and my wife(spnsor) are in process from may 2015?

Thanks
If you want to settle in quebec you will probably have to go through the additional quebec immigration requirements. You would have to inform CIC and then they would ask you to fill out the addition forms for quebec which are 275$. Or you could wait till the immigration process is over and then just move to quebec. Im not 100% sure if you would have to do the quebec forms since you already have an app in progress, I would call the CIC call center for more info.

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Linus0 said:
If you want to settle in quebec you will probably have to go through the additional quebec immigration requirements. You would have to inform CIC and then they would ask you to fill out the addition forms for quebec which are 275$. Or you could wait till the immigration process is over and then just move to quebec. Im not 100% sure if you would have to do the quebec forms since you already have an app in progress, I would call the CIC call center for more info.
We want to move because of job offer there,but i will call CIC annyways.Thanks

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Now, before I get flooded with a bunch of messages about how outland for a US applicant is almost always the best option, I just want to get some information and weight all my options, even though I'm probably going to choose outland over inland anyways, so I do have a question or so.

If I apply inland with an OWP application, what happens when the one-year OWP is up. Can you apply for an extension? Would it likely be approved? Can you get health coverage in BC with an OWP? Is a passport stamp showing you're most recent entry to Canada required? For all the times I've entered Canada, I've never had my passport stamped.

Yes, I've been attracted by the lure of the OWP, which is why I want to read up on it. If I would only have it for a year and then the next year and more that the application is processed I wouldn't have one, well it definitely wouldn't be good. I also don't mind being stuck in the country for over two years, so to speak, since I'm already in Canada. If, for any reason, I apply outland and my application gets processed in LA and I need an interview, the processing time would be the same anyways. My husband and I do have a 10 year age gap (he is older and our families are supportive, etc), so an interview is something I'm worried about. I don't have a job or place to stay back in the US anymore and there's the likelihood I wouldn't be allowed back into Canada if I had to leave because of that. If I apply inland, any interview would be done within Canada and I would have years worth of additional evidence for proof of our relationship, whereas if I apply outland in the next month I would only have a few additional months after we got married worth of evidence. We also have been together in person for a somewhat short amount of time. We were in a long-distance online relationship for about a year and a half and we met in person May, 2015, had visits at least every few weeks after, and got married November, 2015. I don't know whether or not I'm being paranoid about these small red-flags since I'm from the US, but the off-chance that we are unlucky and end up with an interview in LA is something I'm concerned about. Plus, LA is fairly far away and a trip there would be expensive.

Edit: Wait, does "one year" mean the program will be running for one year or that the OWP lasts a year? If not, how long does it last?

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Decoy24601 said:
Now, before I get flooded with a bunch of messages about how outland for a US applicant is almost always the best option, I just want to get some information and weight all my options, even though I'm probably going to choose outland over inland anyways, so I do have a question or so.

If I apply inland with an OWP application, what happens when the one-year OWP is up. Can you apply for an extension? Would it likely be approved? Can you get health coverage in BC with an OWP? Is a passport stamp showing you're most recent entry to Canada required? For all the times I've entered Canada, I've never had my passport stamped.

Yes, I've been attracted by the lure of the OWP, which is why I want to read up on it. If I would only have it for a year and then the next year and more that the application is processed I wouldn't have one, well it definitely wouldn't be good. I also don't mind being stuck in the country for over two years, so to speak, since I'm already in Canada. If, for any reason, I apply outland and my application gets processed in LA and I need an interview, the processing time would be the same anyways. My husband and I do have a 10 year age gap (he is older and our families are supportive, etc), so an interview is something I'm worried about. I don't have a job or place to stay back in the US anymore and there's the likelihood I wouldn't be allowed back into Canada if I had to leave because of that. If I apply inland, any interview would be done within Canada and I would have years worth of additional evidence for proof of our relationship, whereas if I apply outland in the next month I would only have a few additional months after we got married worth of evidence. We also have been together in person for a somewhat short amount of time. We were in a long-distance online relationship for about a year and a half and we met in person May, 2015, had visits at least every few weeks after, and got married November, 2015. I don't know whether or not I'm being paranoid about these small red-flags since I'm from the US, but the off-chance that we are unlucky and end up with an interview in LA is something I'm concerned about. Plus, LA is fairly far away and a trip there would be expensive.

Edit: Wait, does "one year" mean the program will be running for one year or that the OWP lasts a year? If not, how long does it last?
The OWP is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires. You dont need a passport stamp to apply. Not sure about the health coverage. Im from the US and applied inland because I needed to work. Most people can (not a guarantee) cross between the border if they show proof they paid the immigration fees, have an app in progress, and have an OWP. My long distance relationship was super similar to yours we met in october 2014 and got married june 2015 and then i moved here, As long as your relationship is geniune and have evidence to back it up, youll be fine. Most americans dont get called for an interview. If your fine without working for 6-10 months apply outland, its soooo much faster. If you need to work apply inland and get your OWP in 4-5 months and then wait 2 years to become a PR.

manjani

Nov 18, 2013
I am filling out application for OWP (under pilot program) on IMM 5710 I am required to fill UCI number.

My confusion is that I have 2 UCI, one on my Post graduate work permit and another from the AOR email I received. Can anybody advise which UCI should I fill in IMM 5710?

erwinjohn997

Nov 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
waiting..
manjani said:
I am filling out application for OWP (under pilot program) on IMM 5710 I am required to fill UCI number.

My confusion is that I have 2 UCI, one on my Post graduate work permit and another from the AOR email I received. Can anybody advise which UCI should I fill in IMM 5710?
on your PGWP UCI. technically, the UCI in AOR is the uci of your PR spouse

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
Linus0 said:
The OWP is valid for 2 years or until your passport expires. You dont need a passport stamp to apply. Not sure about the health coverage. Im from the US and applied inland because I needed to work. Most people can (not a guarantee) cross between the border if they show proof they paid the immigration fees, have an app in progress, and have an OWP. My long distance relationship was super similar to yours we met in october 2014 and got married june 2015 and then i moved here, As long as your relationship is geniune and have evidence to back it up, youll be fine. Most americans dont get called for an interview. If your fine without working for 6-10 months apply outland, its soooo much faster. If you need to work apply inland and get your OWP in 4-5 months and then wait 2 years to become a PR.
Thank you for the information :D. I'm aware of how long inland is compared to outland, but for us I think the pros outweigh the cons. We can technically afford for me to sit here twiddling my thumbs for 6-10 more months, but it's still a financial strain. If anything were to happen to his hours at work (he does a lot of overtime), we just wouldn't be able to afford it. Plus, I don't actually have a reason to leave Canada for the next couple years. I know, most Americans don't get called in for an interview, but our case does have a couple red flags and if the person in charge of assessing our relationship happens to be extra critical of people who met online or people with age-gaps, I could possibly end up needing to take an expensive trip to LA and if I'm denied re-entry (I was given a voluntary withdrawal before doing that while we were still dating and the officer promised it wouldn't be recorded in their system, etc), then I would end up needing to find a job and place to live very very fast. A couple managers where my husband works knows of my situation and knows that I have experience working in the type of place that it is and have expressed interest in hiring me when I can legally work, so I could actually benefit from an OWP soon after getting one.

I'm still going to mull it over for a little while and make sure whatever decision I make is the one that I'm the most comfortable with.

I do have a question about the OWP application, though. Under Details of Intent to Work in Canada, it seems like #2 and #4 aren't applicable (since this OWP comes from the pilot program, not a job offer). I could give the town I plan on working in and that's all I know. For the date I intent to work, do I just put the validity of the OWP? The correct fees for the OWP are $255?

As for the PR application fees, I've already paid them for outland without the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (I was going to pay it later), so the total for that was $550. Does it matter that I was paying it under the outland fee list or does it just need to be the correct amount?

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Decoy24601 said:
I'm still going to mull it over for a little while and make sure whatever decision I make is the one that I'm the most comfortable with.

I do have a question about the OWP application, though. Under Details of Intent to Work in Canada, it seems like #2 and #4 aren't applicable (since this OWP comes from the pilot program, not a job offer). I could give the town I plan on working in and that's all I know. For the date I intent to work, do I just put the validity of the OWP? The correct fees for the OWP are $255?

As for the PR application fees, I've already paid them for outland without the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (I was going to pay it later), so the total for that was $550. Does it matter that I was paying it under the outland fee list or does it just need to be the correct amount?
Yes the correct fees for the OWP come out to 255$. Im not sure what those specific questions are. I put the place I am living for the place I intend to work which is Montreal. For the date, I dont quite remember what I put, maybe just N/A. Im pretty sure the fee list is the same for both inland and outland applications, so just attach the receipt to your inland app.