+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

crystallps

May 21, 2015
Glad to hear so many people are getting their OWP's approved even if it is at the 4-month mark!

I have a few questions.. We submitted our inland app with OWP October 1st. CIC decided to refund all our fees (we only wanted a refund of the overpayment) so the receipt is now invalid and the application will most likely be returned to us.

Assuming my application is no good and will be returned, what do I need to do status-wise before I can leave the country? We are hoping to get an answer on the OWP in January per the 4-month processing time. If the application is denied (meaning I am able to travel again), we would like to go back to the US for 2 weeks (Canadian husband and USA me) and basically start over with a new OUTLAND app.

My visitor status expires Dec 10. I am currently covered under implied status (submitted OWP with inland app). Most likely the app will be returned, making me out of status in January.

Do I need to extend my visitor status now? What happens if I leave the country while I am out of status? What if I extend my visitor status now and then leave the country in January? Is there anything I need to do when I come back to Canada again?

Thanks for the help.

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
App received Aug 27 but still no AOR. I do check ecas with UCI but nothing there either.

It seems the spreadsheet hasn't been updated for awhile.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
rnch15 said:
Hi Everyone! I have a few questions. We sent our inland spouse sponsorship last July 15, 2015 without OWP application. No medicals were done upfront since we're rushing to get the application sent before the expiry of the validity of police clearance. We did send the OWP last Sept. 14, 2015. We got an e-mail of AOR Oct. 3, 2015. No update yet on the OWP. My visitor extension is expiring on March 2016. My questions are:

- Is it advisable to send a medical before they ask for it. If so, do I need to send two copies of it one for OWP since in my OWP i wrote that I would be in the healthcare field and the other for the spouse sponsorship.
- We are also expecting a baby by May 2016 and someone told my husband that you can write an appeal to expedite the process. Is this true and has anyone know of a similar situation? and what did you tell CIC?
- Since I don't have the OWP yet, is it also advisable to re-extend my visitor visa. I did the paper application initially for this and probably do the online one. Is the online visitor extension easy to do?

Thanks in advance for the help and to Sophiee, pls. add me to the list too.
1. You can send your medical (one copy is fine) as soon as you have an UCI and/or file number. Most likely they won't be able to update your OWP application and you will receive an OWP with the restriction that you cannot work in health services. I'm not sure if you will have to apply again or if you can ask for an "update" on your current work permit once you have your medical.
2. I am not aware of an option like this. So many people has so many reasons to expedite the process...
3. You should get your OWP in January. If the four months pass and you still don't have it, you can make an inquire. If by March you still don't have it, I would either apply for a visitor extension or send a new application for the OWP.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Preeti_Kaur said:
Thank you Sophie. I am very stressed as my six month stay expires on December 10. Do I have enough time to apply for an extension? Or should I apply for an OWP instead. I haven't received any AOR from CIC yet. My application for Inland Spousal Sponsorship was sent on Sept. 11. Please advise. I just want to do the right thing.
I would send an application for OWP ASAP. But if you don't want to do that, than you have to apply for a visitor extension.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Akohsi said:
Hi, i hope someone can answer my question, i have 2 dependents outside canada one is 17 years old. They are non accompanying this time . What will be the effect to my 17 yr old daughter ? I will send my application this week thats why i want to ask, am i or still can sponsor her later years after PR granted? TIA
As long as she meets the age requirement, you can sponsor her later.

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
I am a July 30th applicant, still no OWP. I called CIC yesterday and the agent said they've received my OWP application but there is no record beyond that and he will flag it. Also said to call in another three months if I didn't receive it.

Since my status expired end of November I am going to apply for restoration.

Such a horrible situation :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neee said:
I am a July 30th applicant, still no OWP. I called CIC yesterday and the agent said they've received my OWP application but there is no record beyond that and he will flag it. Also said to call in another three months if I didn't receive it.

Since my status expired end of November I am going to apply for restoration.

Such a horrible situation :(
You don't really need to apply for ROS, since the person has confirmed that your OWP was received before your status expired. You are covered under `Implied Status'.

berylia

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2015
AOR Received.
22-10-2015
Med's Request
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
17-12-2016
Hi there.

I'm really confused about the IMM1017, hoping someone know the answer. Sad

In my case, my husband sponsored me and our 3yr kid. I also applied for a OWP and extend visitor's visa on July 30. Three months later I received AOR email, and now it's been 4 months. While I am expecting my OWP, instead I got a medical request IMM1017, which only addressed to me and has my name on it.

I can not see whether the medical request is for the PR or for the OWP. Called CIC but the officer just say whoever's name on IMM1017 should go to examination. The applicant number on IMM1017 is different from AOR mail, it's started with V******. But somebody told me all the dependent applicants should have their exam too. I checked my kid's email box there's nothing in it.

I also called the clinic to book a medical exam, the receptionist said only the one got IMM1017 can take exam.

So my question is, my kid is not involved in this request, right? Then when I take the exam, can I also book an exam for her too(as an upfront medical exam then mailed to CIC with our file number)

If this is for my OWP, there's no possibility I get medical request months later for the PR, right?

thank you in advance.

MYDUNG

Dec 3, 2015
hi everyone, i just submitted my application (PR&OWP) yesterday. unfortunately i forgot to sign form IMM 0008. I really need an OWP to be able to work legally as im on student visa. my question is:
1. could i send another IMM 0008 with an explanation to make up for my missed-signature
2. IF the 1 option is impossible then is it ok if i send a letter or email CIC to send my PR package back ASAP.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
So I have some good news !! FINALLY !!!!

I called CIC AGAIN today regarding my open work permit, a super nice gentleman looked at my file and said the OWP was approved and sent yesterday. :D

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
Ponga said:
You don't really need to apply for ROS, since the person has confirmed that your OWP was received before your status expired. You are covered under `Implied Status'.
Thank you Ponga :). I will not apply for ROS, also I got news that it was approved and sent.

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Neee said:
Thank you Ponga :). I will not apply for ROS, also I got news that it was approved and sent.
Congrats!!! Glad CIC is not sleeping:)

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
Neee said:

I called CIC AGAIN today regarding my open work permit, a super nice gentleman looked at my file and said the OWP was approved and sent yesterday. :D
Question: you called cic twice in 3 days...and it seems their answer was completey different. Did they query why you're calling again? Does it appear in their system that u called?

BritRam

Oct 7, 2014
Neee said:

That really is good news, congratulations!!! Hopefully, this means the note on the file from yesterday may have helped? Who knows.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
Ponga said:
They no longer expire after 3 months, but must simply be issued after the last time you were in that country.

Yes, if you now have an application number and UCI number, you should make a copy of it (just in case) and send them the original. Make sure to get delivery confirmation!
Just to make sure, I send it to the same address I sent the application ( CPC-M PO BOX 5040 STN B Mississauga, ON L5A-3A4)? Do I include my file number on the outside of the envelope or on the inside on a piece of paper? Thanks for the help