29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
malikhashmi said:
Question: you called cic twice in 3 days...and it seems their answer was completey different. Did they query why you're calling again? Does it appear in their system that u called?
I don't think it appears in their system.

I called twice today.

The first time a lady took my call and absolutely refused to even look at my file. She asked me whether I have called before regarding this inquiry, and when I said yes, she said to wait for a response from CIC.

When I called again (20 mins later) a gentleman picked up, I told him I am inquiring regarding my OWP and it's been 4 months. He didn't ask if I called before but was kind enough to look it up and gave me the good news :). So I guess it depends on the person who answers.

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
BritRam said:
That really is good news, congratulations!!! Hopefully, this means the note on the file from yesterday may have helped? Who knows.
I think so too. Thank you :)

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Similar story as Neee for me. I called on Tuesday and the CIC agent advised that OWP was issued the day before. Application received at CIC on July 31st, 2015. Relieved!!!!!

S

chenqichun

Jul 22, 2015
Has anyone noticed about this......?

Every time someone called CIC asking about OWP, if the agent said it had been issued, it must be "YESTERDAY". So it is possible that this happens by chance, meaning their cases were issued "YESTERDAY", it is also possible that those agent could flag it and somehow speed it up if 4 months has passed.

I have been reading this forum for long time and this is what I saw, does anyone agree with me?

Neee

Aug 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015
LANDED..........
01-09-2016
chenqichun said:

Every time someone called CIC asking about OWP, if the agent said it had been issued, it must be "YESTERDAY". So it is possible that this happens by chance, meaning their cases were issued "YESTERDAY", it is also possible that those agent could flag it or speed it up if 4 months has passed.

I have been reading this forum for long time and this is what I saw, does anyone agree with me?
Yes they can flag it if 4 months has passed, which was my case. And I assume that helped in them approving my OWP.

Christine_Y

Jul 22, 2015
km9203 said:
I have been able to log into ECAS since I received my OWP. The UCI on that lets me see my ECAS updates :)

Hi Km9203,

That's good! Because a few applicants were not able to access their Ecas. You got lucky!

mskeeta

Jul 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-03-2016
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
INLAND
Hi guys. Is it common after 2 months still haven't heard anything about OWP, AOR and no access to ECAS either? .. all I know about my application is ups delivered application and was signed.

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015

malikhashmi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 July, 2015
AOR Received.
15 March, 2016
Med's Request
22 November, 2016
Med's Done....
26 November, 2016
mskeeta said:
Hi guys. Is it common after 2 months still haven't heard anything about OWP, AOR and no access to ECAS either? .. all I know about my application is ups delivered application and was signed.

Yes - its very common. Just wait patiently till 4 months have passed and then follow up with CIC. hang in there!

sawadee-eh

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
mskeeta said:

I'm well past 3 months and haven't heard a peep and no ecas assess using PA's UCI. As mentioned, look at the spreadsheet to see the various wait times.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
chenqichun said:

Every time someone called CIC asking about OWP, if the agent said it had been issued, it must be "YESTERDAY". So it is possible that this happens by chance, meaning their cases were issued "YESTERDAY", it is also possible that those agent could flag it and somehow speed it up if 4 months has passed.

Several of people that has passed 4 months since their OWP application received, called the CIC for a follow up. I thought that was great for CIC office to received notes regarding the 4 months up. Then they will look into it. My husband said we should make some noise in case they forgot/delayed or something like that.

NadiaVan

Jul 29, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2015
Neee said:
I don't think it appears in their system.

I called twice today.

The first time a lady took my call and absolutely refused to even look at my file. She asked me whether I have called before regarding this inquiry, and when I said yes, she said to wait for a response from CIC.

When I called again (20 mins later) a gentleman picked up, I told him I am inquiring regarding my OWP and it's been 4 months. He didn't ask if I called before but was kind enough to look it up and gave me the good news :). So I guess it depends on the person who answers.
Isn't it bad that we could get various response from different agents. Unreliable customer service. To think that we may or may not get answers depending on who is picking up our call.
I think next time if I call, I want to ask the name of the agent that picking up the phone, and if I sense any condescending tones
been used, I want to file a complaint.

ghelzkhie

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 10 2015
AOR Received.
dec. 10 2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.july 23 2015
Hi jenny..how many months you wait for your OPW?