+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks Sophieeee, its a small victory for sure! reading the main stuff under your link on the first post I am thinking of submitting a new OWP permit. I spoke to CIC today and the agent told me the OWP had gone to processing, iv submitted a case enquiry, sent an email, my lawyer is sending a letter and my MP is also going to enquire (all moneys are paid just in the CIC system somewhere iv got the official receipts)

Whilst this is pretty much all i can humanly do at this stage it could still be a month until i hear either way. If i submit now then it can be a large chunk of the wait time done by the time the decision on the one currently in process is finalized. I was going to submit a new one on Monday with the correct fees for sure. This way i may be able to work come February, which, whilst not ideal is not the end of the world.

Am i able to submit application online? (couldn't get the clearest answer from CIC website)
Should current owp app be successful and granted, will i be refunded the payment?

Please clarify whether it is a good idea to send a new app with current in process

you're main FAQ link says its ok. Some other senior members have said wait and see what CIC say. My way of thinking is that the one in process now will be decided on by the time the new one is opened so won't have any issues, il have the SIN and working by then if thats the case.

This forum is an absolute godsend to lots of us, all you seniors deserve a medal. or at least a cookie. Thank you

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
Thanks Sophieeee, its a small victory for sure! reading the main stuff under your link on the first post I am thinking of submitting a new OWP permit. I spoke to CIC today and the agent told me the OWP had gone to processing, iv submitted a case enquiry, sent an email, my lawyer is sending a letter and my MP is also going to enquire (all moneys are paid just in the CIC system somewhere iv got the official receipts)

Whilst this is pretty much all i can humanly do at this stage it could still be a month until i hear either way. If i submit now then it can be a large chunk of the wait time done by the time the decision on the one currently in process is finalized. I was going to submit a new one on Monday with the correct fees for sure. This way i may be able to work come February, which, whilst not ideal is not the end of the world.

Am i able to submit application online? (couldn't get the clearest answer from CIC website)
Should current owp app be successful and granted, will i be refunded the payment?

Please clarify whether it is a good idea to send a new app with current in process

you're main FAQ link says its ok. Some other senior members have said wait and see what CIC say. My way of thinking is that the one in process now will be decided on by the time the new one is opened so won't have any issues, il have the SIN and working by then if thats the case.

This forum is an absolute godsend to lots of us, all you seniors deserve a medal. or at least a cookie. Thank you
HI I've read your post and it's good to hear your OWP has gone to processing.
I am also having trouble with insufficient fee for my OWP and we've called Call Centre and we were informed that my OWP is being processed but wait until the officer contact us or MY OWP will be returned and don't submit another payment. So we've been waiting for my apps are returned but haven't gotten anything yet.

As I've looked up so far, insufficient fee issue is not suitable to submit case inquiry (maye I'm wrong). I worder if it's OK to submit it I would like to submit it too.

Call Centre agents told me to wait but it's killing me now because I would have gotten OWP by now or sooner if i could fix this problem(my apps were received on 23rd July). I know it's my mistake, but it's ridiculous that there is no way to fix the problem except waiting for my apps come back.

If thereso anything would help this issue, could you please tell me?

Thank you

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
km9203 said:
Do you have a UCI number? If not you prob won't be able to access it yet.
Hi

I am the sponsor so I do have the UCI number plus got AOR too hence tried with Application number as well. Nothing works.

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
Sunny Dua said:
Hi

I am the sponsor so I do have the UCI number plus got AOR too hence tried with Application number as well. Nothing works.
When did you send your application? We applied in July and only got entered into ecas last month.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Hey Yun. I don't think it hurts to submit a case enquiry. I'm not to optimistic regarding any luck with it been picked up but at the same time I'm going to do everything possible to try and get that piece of paper. In my case my lawyer saw that he had missed a payment back in September. He then paid online and sent a case specific enquiry with the receipt numbers etc. There was an address change to, send a case specific enquiry. What do you have to lose? I also sent an email to ott-pilotimmigration@cic.gc.ca which if you google should be picked up. Exhaust all your options. Maybe if the person reading at the other end is feeling sympathetic and can do something. All the best of luck.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
hello all

just wanted to let you know that we got our AOR today Oct 31st. App received Aug 5th. Best of luck to everyone and lets continue to keep each other informed.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
hi matt

thanks for your reply. i also think its better do something rather than waiting. I am also moving to other place but i already changed my address through eCAS without submiting case specific inquiry so im planning to pay the amount and send a recipt to them. either case, i will have to pay the $100 anyway.

did you submit your case inquiry on papers? i found there is online case inquiry submission on eCAS so i think i will do that rather than sending a paper.

again thanks for your advice and wish the best for you.

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Hey Yun, I didn't submit it through eCas I just googled CIC case specific enquiry. It gives you the option to attach docs to so sent a PDF. I am going to send a new work visa in on Monday to. I think the processing times are still a little out so if it's a month from now till hearing then it's a quarter or so of the time gone already if I need to re submit. It's all fun and games! Il let you know either way. As of yet I have been unable to log onto eCas using my UCI but I read somewhere that they update the system on Tuesday.

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Gussy24 said:
When did you send your application? We applied in July and only got entered into ecas last month.
Hi Gussy

I sent my application July 28 and got AOR Oct 22. Since then have not been able to access Ecas

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
Sunny Dua said:
Hi Gussy

I sent my application July 28 and got AOR Oct 22. Since then have not been able to access Ecas
I would give it a ssecond because like I said, we only got eentered a couple weeks ago.

anneecarillo

Oct 7, 2015
Ponga said:
The OWP will arrive via snail mail, without any warning. One day, you'll check your mail and it will magically be there.

Hopefully, if the OWP has your old address, you paid for mail forwarding service from Canada Post and they don't screw up.
Oh i see.. i updated both residential and mailing address.. were using a PO Box now so hopefully it will go there.. hope its gonna be soonest..

schonkatze

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
31-10-2015
Got my AOR yesterday October 31.
the funny thing is only my partner (the sponsor) got the email, not me.

Hopping it doesn't take much longer for the OWP.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
matt_bilbo said:

It is pretty clear, that according to CIC, you should not apply online before the AIP:

Applicants who have already submitted an application for permanent residence under the SCLPC class but have not yet applied for an open work permit should complete a work permit application, include the appropriate fee, indicating that they are applying for an open work permit, and submit it to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, at the following address:

CPC – Vegreville
WP - Unit 777
6212-55 Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

If an SCLPC applicant has already received approval in principle, they have the option of applying for an open work permit online.

In the FAQ there was a typo, I edited it, so it is also clear now, that CIC does not recommend to send a new application before you get your refusal. So, the following is just my personal opinion. Your application will most likely be returned, and in this case, if you send a brand new one, it won't cause any problem, because you won't have two similar application at the same time (the first one will already be returned by the time someone opens the second one). BUT, if for some miraculous reasons the CIC agent handling your first OWP will decide as I believe every agent should, and instead of returning the whole app, you will be asked to pay the remaining fee, then your second OWP app arriving in Vegreville, indeed can cause some confusion and trouble. I, personally, in a situation like this, would take the risk and apply for a new one. But that's just me, and my personal imaginary decision that goes against CIC's advise.

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing great. I'll be here as well to answer any questions and help out... its been a while :)

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks Sophie, il probably give it a go. It can't be any worse then sitting around waiting. at least its 4 months over winter, il be skiing everyday till that permit comes!