+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito said:
now a quick question...let's say that your PR application has to be returned to you because let's say you forgot to attach a form or paid the incorrect amount, does that mean that the OWP application gets returned automatically as well or these are 2 separate applications each treated by a different department?
AFAIK, If your entire PR application is returned, you would not [yet] be eligible for the Pilot OWP, since the eligibility is based on an Inland application that has been accepted by CIC; meaning that it was deemed to be complete, not just received in their mailroom.

I don't know if the OWP would also be returned, but whoever processes the OWP would likely see [in the system] that the Inland application had been returned.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Markito said:
but i guess they forward the application to vegreville for processing?
The OWP, yes, but processing would not commence until receipt of your Inland application has been acknowledged by CIC (meaning your AOR).

pb21

Apr 12, 2015
Hey guys, i think i just received AOR :)

it says

UCI: xxxx
Application No.: xxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/07/27 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxx xxxxxx

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Hey

Congratulations!! Was this via email?

Thanks
S

pb21 said:
Hey guys, i think i just received AOR :)

it says

UCI: xxxx
Application No.: xxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxxxxx,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/07/27 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxxxx xxxxxx

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GlenL said:
Hello everyone! I've been having a great timing reading many posts on this thread (I am half way through), I really appreciate the help and good advice everyone is offering! Upon reading, I realize my question is more a matter of opinion, rather than a simple yes or no question, so I thought I should just post it and see your thoughts and opinions. Here it goes:

I am a Canadian citizen, and I am sponsoring my beautiful wife Laura (who is Irish) in the Family Class, spousal sponsorship. I am very confident our application will be acceptable, as we have well documented evidence of our 2 year relationship prior to our marriage last month, and it seems like an extremely straight forward scenario (no kids, previous marriages, criminal records, very smooth). She has been living with me in Calgary since July 2014, and she is here on a 2 year IEC. The question is obvious, Inland or Outland. Our scenario is not particularly difficult, but as with all of you, our decision now will affect our future in some way.

Our scenario: We don't want her to lose her ability to work, lose health care and/or collect maternity benefits. She has her dream job now, and we intend on getting pregnant ASAP. That said it's not truly the PR that it most important, (that is the ultimate goal of course) but the continuation of her ability to work, thus also collect maternity benefits and stay on Alberta Health Care. Her IEC expires July 2 2016. The advantage of outland as I fully understand is it's quick, and you can travel safely *however* there is a risk of it being declined, or delayed beyond July 2 2016. I don't mind the potential of needing an interview in London. The only current advantage to inland is the pilot program for an OWP. It seems to me there if far less risk not having a work permit of some sort beyond July 2 2016 by applying Inland, and including the OWP. We would need to travel, and I am fully aware of the risk of not being let back it, however it seems to me crossing the border with the newly acquired 2 Year OWP (pilot program) would be just the same as crossing with an IEC work permit.

Is my logic sound? Is there anything I am not considering? I think it's truly that simple for us, looking for some opinions, experiences, horror stories, etc.. to help make our decision. Thanks in advance! We will be happy to share our experience as we proceed through the process in the hope we can assist others as well!

Glen
Hi,
AFAIK Alberta is very generous and she would have health coverage as your married spouse even she has not got work permit. Please check it with the FAQ and/or with the official website.
There is an equal chance for an interview for further assessment in both ways, but according to what you said about your relationship and your proofs, I would not worry about that.
Check the outland processing times:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYJ0Xo_jHLeArkCVeicZyqIE8YLpnZqVJlFrnpmKMx0/edit#gid=396125530
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FAYZyQgud1lzp7fM28i2O8ZrfbMAxdTc_t7_fiwI6ak/edit?pli=1#gid=658388151
If you apply quickly, you have a good chance to have your wife's PR by July. But that's your call, you are aware of the risks and advantages, now you have to make the decision.
Good luck!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
erinspring said:
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I am Canadian, sponsoring my British common law partner through inland route.

Somehow we have come up with two document checklists, which do not have the same items on them. I want to clarify we are using the right one.

imm5491e and imm5443e are the two we are confused between.

Thank you!
I just posted two links of the processing times for UK citizens applying outland, I think you should check them out and think about applying outland.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Most people that have paid the incorrect amount have had their OWP returned and must re-submit it again, with the new receipt. The OWP processing time starts all over again, but...maybe you'l get lucky.
Thanks Ponga. the agent said my OWP applications in on queue luckily but if I send the new receipt now they will return it to me. so he said CIC may return my OWP application or ask me to pay extra money by November. my other question is that if I need to do re-start my OWP process, Will I need to extend my visitors visa? it will expire by January 2016.

Thanks

gladys123

Sep 7, 2015
When you all filled out IMM0008 Generic Application form for Inland, on question 10 what date from and to date did you use for the status in Canada? I want to put to "present" but it will only permit numbers on the form. My husband is here as a visa-exempt visitor - do I just put when the 6 month date would be? thanks

Graceeunhye

Oct 21, 2015
Hello guys!!

I received AOR just now! I sent my app on July 24 2015 and it delivered on July 28 2015!
AOR received on October 21 2015! Still waiting for OWP.

Does anyone know approx how long does it take from AOR to OWP?
Cheers!!

tdubokchoi

May 7, 2015
tdubokchoi said:
Hi Sophiee, can you pls update the spreadsheet?

Medical done (w/ application?) YES
Police check done (w/ application?) YES

Appreciate it!
Thank you!
Hi Sophiee, I forgot to update you on the status. We received the OWP on May 25, 2015. Please update the sheet whenever you have the chance.
Thanks Sophiee.

Markito

Oct 6, 2015
Graceeunhye congrats on the aor! :) hope the owp follows soon. cic told me I won't get an aor for at least 6 months because they are opening April 2015 apps right now... :eek: