+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
That is exactly what I heard too lol

Markito said:
Graceeunhye congrats on the aor! :) hope the owp follows soon. cic told me I won't get an aor for at least 6 months because they are opening April 2015 apps right now... :eek:

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Ha! That can't be right. People from July have been getting their OWP. I'm sure they all have a coffee in the morning and say "right which group of applicants shall we mess with today" good to see so many people from around my timeline are getting AOR/OWP I am losing my mind! It's like Groundhog Day!!

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
Hi, I have a question, if anyone was in the same situation or knows more about this. I submitted my application in august, for both spousal sponsorship and OWP, I still haven’t heard anything back from CIC. Thing is I’ve changed my passport last week, it was close to expiry date (feb 2016) and I used the webform to send it to CIC. Afterwards, I spoke with an agent (from CIC) and he told me the webform doesn’t guarantee they will take into consideration my new passport and most certainly they will issue my OWP using my old passport. Does anyone know other way to inform CIC about changes in documents?

Thank you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
gladys123 said:
When you all filled out IMM0008 Generic Application form for Inland, on question 10 what date from and to date did you use for the status in Canada? I want to put to "present" but it will only permit numbers on the form. My husband is here as a visa-exempt visitor - do I just put when the 6 month date would be? thanks
Yes, just the date he entered the country as "from" and six months from that as "to". That 's the date his status expires. But if you send and OWP, he will be on implied status.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
romaniangirl said:
Hi, I have a question, if anyone was in the same situation or knows more about this. I submitted my application in august, for both spousal sponsorship and OWP, I still haven’t heard anything back from CIC. Thing is I’ve changed my passport last week, it was close to expiry date (feb 2016) and I used the webform to send it to CIC. Afterwards, I spoke with an agent (from CIC) and he told me the webform doesn’t guarantee they will take into consideration my new passport and most certainly they will issue my OWP using my old passport. Does anyone know other way to inform CIC about changes in documents?

Thank you!
Unfortunately the agent is right this time, there is no other way and most likely you will get an OWP that is valid until Feb, 2016. As soon as you get your OWP, apply for an extension, because we don't know if CIC will extend this pilot after this December.

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
sophieee said:
Unfortunately the agent is right this time, there is no other way and most likely you will get an OWP that is valid until Feb, 2016. As soon as you get your OWP, apply for an extension, because we don't know if CIC will extend this pilot after this December.
Thanks Sophie! Do you know if I have to extend my visa in case I have to apply for a new OWP, taking into consideration they will issue one valid until feb 2016? I'm on implied status right now.

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
hi guys

ive looked at old posts regarding incorrect fee for OWP and it seemsthe majority of people just get their application back and re-submit it.

we called CIC twice and yesterday agent said my OWP is beinh processed but there is nothing we can do until the officer made decision and today's agent even didnt look at our application and there is no way to correct it and hung up. they are not helpful.

so it seems we have to re submit them anyway. would it takes same 4months to be approvrd when we resend them?

thanks

Gussy24

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
So another week is closing and still no update from me. I have confirmed, through Ecas, that my application was received on July 13th, 2015. I suspect that the AOR was sent to my husband's email and he accidentally deleted it. Still holding out for my OWP since it seems that people who applied after me have since received theirs. Hope to have good news soon.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
romaniangirl said:
Thanks Sophie! Do you know if I have to extend my visa in case I have to apply for a new OWP, taking into consideration they will issue one valid until feb 2016? I'm on implied status right now.
No, you are on implied status, once you receive your OWP you will have a status as a worker until February, 2016, but if you apply for a new OWP before February, then you will be again on implied status (as a worker) until your new OWP arrives. Since we are talking about an open work permit, you will be able to work under implied status after Feb, 2016.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Yun8123 said:
hi guys

ive looked at old posts regarding incorrect fee for OWP and it seemsthe majority of people just get their application back and re-submit it.

we called CIC twice and yesterday agent said my OWP is beinh processed but there is nothing we can do until the officer made decision and today's agent even didnt look at our application and there is no way to correct it and hung up. they are not helpful.

so it seems we have to re submit them anyway. would it takes same 4months to be approvrd when we resend them?

thanks
Yes, the waiting will begin again once you send the new OWP with the correct fee. Even if you don't receive your first application back, make sure to send a new one before December (unless CIC announce that they will continue the pilot project in the next year, then you can send it later).

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
sophieee said:
Yes, the waiting will begin again once you send the new OWP with the correct fee. Even if you don't receive your first application back, make sure to send a new one before December (unless CIC announce that they will continue the pilot project in the next year, then you can send it later).
thank you sophie! yea i was thinking about to resubmit it before december. but would be good to resubmit a new OWP before CIC returns my applications? if I do so, wouldnt it confusing for ther officer?
lastly, when i resend it, is it to CPC-M or CPC-V? i read other threads but im not sure which office i should send.

thanks!

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After the longest 6 months of waiting we got our OWP yayyy! So happy!
It was issued on October 15, 2015 and it is valid for 2 years.

THE LESSON: MAKE SURE YOU PAY ALL THE FEES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR APPLICATION. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BACK OF THE LINE AFTER 2 MONTHS OF WAITING AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 4 ;)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Apanna said:
After the longest 6 months of waiting we got our OWP yayyy! So happy!
It was issued on October 15, 2015 and it is valid for 2 years.

THE LESSON: MAKE SURE YOU PAY ALL THE FEES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR APPLICATION. YOU DON'T WANT TO GO BACK OF THE LINE AFTER 2 MONTHS OF WAITING AND WAIT FOR ANOTHER 4 ;)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Just curious. Did you get the application sent back to you and then resubmit? Or did you realise. Call up and then pay the extra? My immigration lawyer managed to miss the extra payment. Called CIC and paid. I've got copy of the extra receipt etc and it's all been done. I hope I haven't had to go to the back of the queue. I'm expecting to hear about AOR over the next few days and have been going out of my mind with anticipation to finally get the permit. There is someone a few pages back that paid the extra and still got there OWP within the 4 months. Why would CIC accept the updated payment if they were just going to send it back anyway? Perhaps yours was in the processing stage already. Similar scenario to what is happening to the poster a few above?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:
Just curious. Did you get the application sent back to you and then resubmit? Or did you realise. Call up and then pay the extra? My immigration lawyer managed to miss the extra payment. Called CIC and paid. I've got copy of the extra receipt etc and it's all been done. I hope I haven't had to go to the back of the queue. I'm expecting to hear about AOR over the next few days and have been going out of my mind with anticipation to finally get the permit. There is someone a few pages back that paid the extra and still got there OWP within the 4 months. Why would CIC accept the updated payment if they were just going to send it back anyway? Perhaps yours was in the processing stage already. Similar scenario to what is happening to the poster a few above?
IMHO, your lawyer is giving you false hope.

Most, if not all, that have underpaid the OWP have had their application returned and had to re-submit, with the proper receipt...and went to the back of the bus again.

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:

In our case we received a letter back with our application from CIC stating that we missed one more payment and it was after two months we have sent it. So in July we immediately made a payment and sent it back and received OWP only today. I wish you wouldn't have to go back of the line but that wasn't the case for us unfortunately. Nothing you can do.