+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Apanna said:
In our case we received a letter back with our application from CIC stating that we missed one more payment and it was after two months we have sent it. So in July we immediately made a payment and sent it back and received OWP only today. I wish you wouldn't have to go back of the line but that wasn't the case for us unfortunately. Nothing you can do.
Hey thanks for the reply. He realized the mistake within a couple of weeks so hopefully this may make a difference. I just don't understand why they would accept the extra payment if they were still going to send it back just for me to send it back to them again with no difference because the amount has actually been paid. I can see it happening once it's gone through the processing stage but my extra payment would of been well before this, not much I can do for now... Il be calling my lawyer tomorrow

tanaby2000

Oct 21, 2015
Congratulations Apanna on your OWP!
Do you remember which day in July did you resubmitted you OWP application?
I had the same situation: initially sent owp + inlad sponsorship on may22
OWP Application returned on July 23rd..
Resubmitted the application on July 24th
Still waiting for my OWP with my job offer sitting on my desk! :(((

romaniangirl

Aug 12, 2015
sophieee said:
No, you are on implied status, once you receive your OWP you will have a status as a worker until February, 2016, but if you apply for a new OWP before February, then you will be again on implied status (as a worker) until your new OWP arrives. Since we are talking about an open work permit, you will be able to work under implied status after Feb, 2016.
Thanks Shophie, that's great news. You are so kind in taking the time answering all our questions! :-*

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tanaby2000 said:
Congratulations Apanna on your OWP!
Do you remember which day in July did you resubmitted you OWP application?
I had the same situation: initially sent owp + inlad sponsorship on may22
OWP Application returned on July 23rd..
Resubmitted the application on July 24th
Still waiting for my OWP with my job offer sitting on my desk! :(((
Be patient even we know how exhausting it is after waiting for it to come for 6 months! It should be in your hands within couple of weeks. We sent our second payment on July 8th and received OWP yesterday October 21st so hopefully you will have yours very very soon :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Yun8123 said:
thank you sophie! yea i was thinking about to resubmit it before december. but would be good to resubmit a new OWP before CIC returns my applications? if I do so, wouldnt it confusing for ther officer?
lastly, when i resend it, is it to CPC-M or CPC-V? i read other threads but im not sure which office i should send.

thanks!
CIC always advises to NOT send two similar applications. If you are one of the lucky ones and the officer will accept your first application and just ask you for an extra payment, then your second application can cause some confusion... But if your first application will be sent back, then it will be already refused by the time when they review your second application, so in this case it doesn't matter.
Send it CPC-V, take a look at the FAQ if you don't know the address (it's different from the regular OWP's).

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matt_bilbo said:
Hey thanks for the reply. He realized the mistake within a couple of weeks so hopefully this may make a difference. I just don't understand why they would accept the extra payment if they were still going to send it back just for me to send it back to them again with no difference because the amount has actually been paid. I can see it happening once it's gone through the processing stage but my extra payment would of been well before this, not much I can do for now... Il be calling my lawyer tomorrow
No problem. I don't really understand how would your lawyer know that the payment went through because all there actually is that you make a payment, print out a receipt and send it to CIC. All you would know that CIC received that letter with your receipt but its no where to be found if they accepted and connected your receipt to your case, because they receive so many daily that it might be very confusing for them. Just reasoning out loud. Hope it doesnt offend you because I know how stressful this process is. I still very hope that it did work for you and you will have your OWP very SOON :)))

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
matt_bilbo said:
CIC accepts every kind of payments, then, after months, an officer will review if it was a valid payment or not. And it looks like that when the original OWP application is reviewed, no one starts to look for the missing payment in the system because it's much more easier to refuse the whole thing due to insufficient payments then to start to look for extra payments, writing letters for the missing payment and put a note on the file and then pull it out again months later to see what happened. (As I imagine how they work...)

matt_bilbo

Jul 28, 2015
Apanna said:
No problem. I don't really understand how would your lawyer know that the payment went through because all there actually is that you make a payment, print out a receipt and send it to CIC. All you would know that CIC received that letter with your receipt but its no where to be found if they accepted and connected your receipt to your case, because they receive so many daily that it might be very confusing for them. Just reasoning out loud. Hope it doesnt offend you because I know how stressful this process is. I still very hope that it did work for you and you will have your OWP very SOON :)))
No offence taken, all I can really do is sit and wait. Either il get my OWP or il get everything back and have to start this whole process again. The scenario is as follows. He sent the original package end of July, early September I moved address and he sent CIC a letter with the update etc. whilst doing this I guess he reviewed my file and saw that he had not paid the $100 extra. He paid the extra using the online portal or whatever they use. Printed the receipt and sent it along with my address change and a copy of my passport, then emailed me a copy of all of this and said it shouldn't be a problem.... I'm hoping that because I should exist on the system somewhere under a UCI ( previous working holiday visa in 2010) that they might be able to find this. I'm 'one of the lucky ones', divine intervention! or any mixture of the above. Hasn't been an easy process, not to mention the fact I've had a job pending a visa since July and all of the financial constraints this puts on a newly married couple. I do however live in Canmore so I will get 3 months of skiing everyday if I need to resend everything. Fingers and toes crossed, rabbits foot, send any 4 leaf clovers my way!!

hollyboo

Oct 8, 2015
Hi guys, I got AOR via email on Oct 21. Application was sent on July 28. Now I'm waiting for OWP.

When I sent my application, I only paid $155 for OWP. After I know it should be $255, I made online payment $100 more and sent to CIC by mail. After reading the answer about this situation, I think CIC will return or request for correct payment.

So my question is, can I still work in my company as IMPLIED STATUES if my work permit was returned and CIC request I sent a new application?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hollyboo said:
Hi guys, I got AOR via email on Oct 21. Application was sent on July 28. Now I'm waiting for OWP.

When I sent my application, I only paid $155 for OWP. After I know it should be $255, I made online payment $100 more and sent to CIC by mail. After reading the answer about this situation, I think CIC will return or request for correct payment.

So my question is, can I still work in my company as IMPLIED STATUES if my work permit was returned and CIC request I sent a new application?
They will more than likely return your OWP and you will need to re-submit it...and probably wait another ~ 4 months.

If that happens, you will not be authorized to continue working, unless your current WP remains valid up through, and including, the day that CIC receives the new OWP.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Some info with OWP and PR....I sent in my application in 20th July...Medicals,police checks etc everything was upfront..I didnt recieve any AOR or any form of communication from them till today when i called and was told that most people who applied around JUNE/JULY will be receiving their OWP from NOV 23 onwards..and she advised i just wait...This she said after checking into the system and finding my details....

If anyone has found any different info pls share......

Good luck to all in the same boat or other boats

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
sophieee said:
CIC always advises to NOT send two similar applications. If you are one of the lucky ones and the officer will accept your first application and just ask you for an extra payment, then your second application can cause some confusion... But if your first application will be sent back, then it will be already refused by the time when they review your second application, so in this case it doesn't matter.
Send it CPC-V, take a look at the FAQ if you don't know the address (it's different from the regular OWP's).
Thank you for the reply.

I guest I will just have to wait hoping I'm the one of lucky ones...

Thanks again!

Yun8123

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
shreecharan said:
Some info with OWP and PR....I sent in my application in 20th July...Medicals,police checks etc everything was upfront..I didnt recieve any AOR or any form of communication from them till today when i called and was told that most people who applied around JUNE/JULY will be receiving their OWP from NOV 23 onwards..and she advised i just wait...This she said after checking into the system and finding my details....

If anyone has found any different info pls share......

Good luck to all in the same boat or other boats
Hi, My applications were received on 23rd July and we got an email on 16/Oct(my husband's email, he is sponsoring me) saying they received our applications with his UCI number. so we checked ECAS and it says our applications has been started processing from 15/October.

I've called CIC to get some info for my incorrect OWP and asking my application was received or not but they always say wait. I gave up to have an nice answer from Call centre.

I saw some cases that they didn't received the AOR but could check the status on ECAS. maybe you can try too?

hope you get AOR soon.

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Hi and thanks......I dont know what this ECAS thing is and how to log and check...Could you pls advice...am currently on implied status after my visa expired in 31 august 2015

All am praying for is get OWP....Cant help staying at home any more....Am going crazy!!!..How long does the PR CARD arrives after getting OWP???

shreecharan

Star Member
Jul 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-MISSAUGA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2015
Doc's Request.
05-05-2016
AOR Received.
2016 -03-20
Med's Request
2016-005-06
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Oh!! i got the thing but still couldnt log in...Guess just have to wait like all the rest.. :mad: