+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

gladys123

Sep 7, 2015
Just looking for some clarification on implied status...

My husband is currently on Canada on a tourist visa (stamp on passport) that expires in January. We are currently collecting all the needed documents for inland , planning to send in our application in mid-late October, including an application for open work permit. Will he have implied status as soon as they receive our application in October (even if not processed) or will we have to extend his visitor's visa?

crystallps

May 21, 2015
gladys123 said:
Just looking for some clarification on implied status...

My husband is currently on Canada on a tourist visa (stamp on passport) that expires in January. We are currently collecting all the needed documents for inland , planning to send in our application in mid-late October, including an application for open work permit. Will he have implied status as soon as they receive our application in October (even if not processed) or will we have to extend his visitor's visa?
As long as you submit your OWP with your PR application, he will be covered under implied status (beginning the date his tourist visa expires). Implied status will cover him for the entire PR process. The only reason you would need to extend his visitor's visa is if you wait until January to send in your applications.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
crystallps said:
As long as you submit your OWP with your PR application, he will be covered under implied status (beginning the date his tourist visa expires). Implied status will cover him for the entire PR process. The only reason you would need to extend his visitor's visa is if you wait until January to send in your applications.
While this is technically true, it's important to also understand that if either application (PR or OWP) is returned because of a missing signature, outdated form, etc., or the incorrect fee was paid for the OWP (which is $255, not $155), it could negate the implied status. If an application is returned and has to be re-submitted, the applicant could find themselves out of status and therefore would not qualify for the pilot program OWP. They would have to wait until they reach the AIP stage to be eligible.

Make sure to triple check everything before sending it in!

a-memon

May 25, 2015
hey sophiee.. please add my information to the spreadsheet

Category: FAM
Visa Office: CPC Mississauga
app filed: 5th May 2014
AOR received: 7th August 2014

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
a-memon said:
hey sophiee.. please add my information to the spreadsheet

Category: FAM
Visa Office: CPC Mississauga
app filed: 5th May 2014
AOR received: 7th August 2014
You were added as a 2015 applicant, but now I corrected it.

Vitalyzav

May 25, 2015
Good night everyone!

Here is the thing, we have applied for spousal sponsorship+OWP in June 2015. Already received the OWP. So my question is that would it be possible for both of us, me and my wife to leave the country and come back if we apply for multiple entry visa?

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
Got a question about the sponsor form (IMM1344E). At the top of it, there is a check box which asks if I would like to withdraw my sponsorship application if I am found ineligible (and get processing fees refunded), or if I want to proceed with the application for permanent residence (processing fees will be retained). Which one should I check??? I thought that if I'm found ineligible, then I can't sponsor my spouse, so what would be the point of proceeding with the application?

Another question - In the online guide, it says to put the barcode pages (there are two forms that requires me and my spouse to click validate and a couple of barcode pages appear) on the front of the application. Does it just mean to put it in front of that specific form, or in front of the entire application bundle?

Thanks for your help!
Andrew

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
insonoro said:
MariMari7 I was checking the spreadsheet and I notice that you still waiting for OWP or you forgot to update your info? it's been more than 4 months!

I also still waiting for the owp. I contact CIC to complain and they told me last Monday that my OWP will be issued same day now waiting for it to be delivered.
Same here.

May 7, 2015
Good day everyone!

I just received my OWP and it is valid for 2 years.. :D

It took almost 4 months of waiting as we didn't receive AOR from CIC.

I hope everyone who are still waiting for OWP will get theirs soon. Just keep on praying guys!

MC2015

Feb 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 29,2015
AOR Received.
April 24,2015
File Transfer...
SA April 21, 2016 / AIP April 21, 2016 / DM April 21, 2016
Med's Done....
Feb 16,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 8, 2016
Sophieee, we received today the CSQ request. :) :) :) :)
I'd like to ask you to update it on the spreadsheet, please !!

Thank you very much !!

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
Hi!

I sorry in advance, I assume this question has been asked 1000 of times but I wasn't able to find an answer for it in FAQ so im writing it here.

I submitted my inland application on August 4th, I haven't received an AOR yet. After I sent my application I noticed that I had submitted an outdated form. I've been advised that I should send a corresponding updated form right away after I receive AOR (cause then I'll have my case number and I'll be able to assign this form to my particular case number).

But what if I don't receive AOR? (cause some people just don't) I'm a person who freaks out over things that bother me, I can't just sit and wait for my AOR. If, say, couple of months pass and i don't get AOR can I just send this form w/o any case number or there is no point of doing so?

Thank you!

lighty_j

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
20-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
25-08-2015
Interview........
SA: 27-10-2015
Passport Req..
AIP: 17-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 17-01-2016
LANDED..........
12-02-2016
sestrenkapsixa said:
Hi!

I sorry in advance, I assume this question has been asked 1000 of times but I wasn't able to find an answer for it in FAQ so im writing it here.

I submitted my inland application on August 4th, I haven't received an AOR yet. After I sent my application I noticed that I had submitted an outdated form. I've been advised that I should send a corresponding updated form right away after I receive AOR (cause then I'll have my case number and I'll be able to assign this form to my particular case number).

But what if I don't receive AOR? (cause some people just don't) I'm a person who freaks out over things that bother me, I can't just sit and wait for my AOR. If, say, couple of months pass and i don't get AOR can I just send this form w/o any case number or there is no point of doing so?

Thank you!
Getting AOR doesn't mean that your application won't be returned. Mine was the next day after I received my first AOR.

You can try and send updated form together with the explanation letter, just using your uci number, name, date and country of birth.

I would do so, but I'm not an expert, so maybe someone with more experience will give you better advice.

sestrenkapsixa

Aug 24, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2015
lighty_j said:
Getting AOR doesn't mean that your application won't be returned. Mine was the next day after I received my first AOR.

You can try and send updated form together with the explanation letter, just using your uci number, name, date and country of birth.

I would do so, but I'm not an expert, so maybe someone with more experience will give you better advice.
Hi,

Yes I do understand that's getting AOR doesn't promise anything, but if I get AOR then I'll get a case number and I can send them updated form right away quoting my case number (which is good - they can find who I am and what I want)
On the other hand - if I don't get my AOR and then my application will be returned - it will be just so disappointing cuz I'll have to do everything once again. I like your advice and I was thinking the same - I'll just fill it out again and send it with explanatory letter and hopefully it won't get lost among other applications... There is no point in sitting and waiting for my application to be returned.
Thanks for the advice

Sunny Dua

Jan 11, 2011
Hi

I saw your concern on the page that you sent an outdated form. Do you mind advising which outdated form did you fill and how old was it?

In my case I sent my application on July 28th and I think I sent 2 outdated forms:

1) Generic Application Form: The one I sent was Feb 2015 and current one is Apr 2015
2) Application to change conditions (Work permit one): The one I sent was Mar 2015 and current one is Apr 2015

But both the forms are exactly same from a content standpoint.

Wondering if I need to send the forms again?

Appreciate your thoughts on this!

Sunny