Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tinabenamer said:
Hi Sophiee,

Im just curious. So it is okay not to wait for medical forms and just do an upfront Medical exam and send it to them? Becuase i thought it only applies to those who has not submitted their application yet. Than you so much for your help.
You can do anytime:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.cskc0r2lo3w5

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
sophieee said:
You can do anytime:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.cskc0r2lo3w5
Thank you Sophieee i didnt know that well so maybe sometime next week i will do the medical exam do them send it directly to CIC or should i be the one to send it.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
km9203 said:
Arrrrgh saw today on the CIC website that inland processing time has gone up to 27 months. I really hope it isn't that long :eek:
Don't really pay attention to the total processing time, the only thing that really matters is phase 1, because phase 2 for inland typically takes 5 minutes.

However... phase 1 processing time has been consistently increasing for a while now.
This time last year the processing time for phase 1 was only 13 months, and we all said "oh man I really hope it doesn't take that long".
Two years ago processing time for phase 1 was a meager 10 months.

That means the people who saw "10 months" 2 years ago actually waited 13 months.
The people who saw "13 months" 1 year ago will be waiting 17 months.
....and the people seeing this now will probably wait 20 months.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinabenamer said:
Thank you Sophieee i didnt know that well so maybe sometime next week i will do the medical exam do them send it directly to CIC or should i be the one to send it.
if you are inland and submitted your application in 2015, i would advise you to wait. don't even bother to do the medical at least till the Stage 1 date reaches 2015. your application won't be checked for another 17 months (based on current status). do it when you see the date is within 3-4 months of your submission date. that way you will have a good buffer. remember that your medical expires after a year and it is up to the officer's discretion to validate an expired medical.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
GustavesF said:
It seems more likely that you simply got a Service Canada worker who didn't know what they were doing, and accidentally gave you OHIP.
Not sure how that works, since they forward the request to Ontario Health, who does the final approval.

That file you linked to is 3 years old, much older than the March decision to ruin the lives of type 27's.

I brought that exact FAQ with me, with those line items highlighted. They words they draw attention to after looking at the FAQ is the phrase "MAY be eligible" not "IS be eligible", and the fine print stating that the FAQ is a guideline to help applicants, but the final authority is the office which can use whatever rules it wants.
well I guess I will see end of November if the OHIP card is in my mailbox or not :)
The paper they gave me however stated that I am eligible.

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
Finally the OWP has arrived.

Previously I'm holding a study permit, with this OWP, can i drop school now ? Or still have to attend school ?

Anything i have to do to update CIC that i have drop school and thus, no need this study permit anymore?

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
playvltk04 said:

Previously I'm holding a study permit, with this OWP, can i drop school now ? Or still have to attend school ?

Anything i have to do to update CIC that i have drop school and thus, no need this study permit anymore?

[/quote

Congrats! When did you apply?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
if you are inland and submitted your application in 2015, i would advise you to wait. don't even bother to do the medical at least till the Stage 1 date reaches 2015. your application won't be checked for another 17 months (based on current status). do it when you see the date is within 3-4 months of your submission date. that way you will have a good buffer. remember that your medical expires after a year and it is up to the officer's discretion to validate an expired medical.
But this person received an email from CIC requesting the medical be completed within 30 days. Failure to do so could be seen as non-compliance, which could be a problem for the application. Best advice is to contact CIC ASAP, in as many different ways as possible (Call Centre, CSE, fax, email).

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
km9203 said:
playvltk04 said:

[/quote

Congrats! When did you apply?

In may, it's arrived in August. I guess i'm just lucky.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
But this person received an email from CIC requesting the medical be completed within 30 days. Failure to do so could be seen as non-compliance, which could be a problem for the application. Best advice is to contact CIC ASAP, in as many different ways as possible (Call Centre, CSE, fax, email).
ah my mistake, i thought it was just a general question. apologies.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
How long does it usually take cic to acknowledge they received your application? I sent my application package Aug 31st 2015, just wanted a general idea, my apologies if this topic has been posted already, just couldn't find anything

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Linus0 said:
How long does it usually take cic to acknowledge they received your application? I sent my application package Aug 31st 2015, just wanted a general idea, my apologies if this topic has been posted already, just couldn't find anything
It can be from a month till, well, never. Some people don't ever receive the AOR and some have it after a +month.

Linus0

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Request
18-05-2016
Med's Done....
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
03-08-2016
MaryLou6 said:
It can be from a month till, well, never. Some people don't ever receive the AOR and some have it after a +month.
So with the OWP, can I expect it 4 months from the date I sent the app or 4 months after AOR if I get it?
Do they spend an email regarding AOR or is it by mail?

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
it's depend on your packages, it was told maximum 3 months from your applications date. But it varies, some of the folks submitted from april haven't recieved them yet.

playvltk04

Jun 3, 2015
playvltk04 said:
it's depend on your packages, it was told maximum 3 months from your applications date. But it varies, some of the folks submitted from april haven't recieved them yet.
So, can i drop the study permit ?