+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

ZeGerman2015

Aug 25, 2015
Hi there,

We're just in the process of finalizing the application.

all my official documents are either already in English/French or I have had them translated.

There are some of my flight itineraries / tickets to events though, that are in my mother tongue (German). Just curious whether I would need to have these professionally translated.

My thoughts are that flight itineraries are really just the dates that matter, and not any other information (such as "travel tips", "hotel recommendations") for the trips - do I really need to have them translated?

Thanks a lot!

andydandy

Aug 4, 2015
Got a quick question.
I'm (canadian citizen) sponsoring my spouse (german citizen) from inland.
In the checklist it states that that my spouse (the principal applicant) needs to fill out the schedule A (IMM5669) document, which she has done. It does not say that the sponsor needs to fill out this document, but in the guide, it says that the spouse of the applicant needs to also fill out schedule A (IMM5669), whether or not the spouse will be accompanying the applicant.
Do I, the sponsor (Canadian Citizen), but also the spouse of the principal applicant need to fill out that document too? Or is that just generic document for all application types, (skilled worker, etc.) so they want the spouse who isn't a Canadian Citizen to also fill out the form?

Also, if we don't send in the medical check with the application, can we send it in later while we are waiting for the application to be processed, or will we have to wait until they request it? We'd like to submit the application as soon as possible, rather than wait until the medical check is finished before sending in the application, but would like to do the medical check before they request it, so that there are less delays.

Thanks!

ZeGerman2015

Aug 25, 2015
My gut feeling to your first question is that this is only for when you are sponsoring let's say your mother who is not Canadian, and she brings along your father, who is not Canadian (He is then considered the principal applicant's (Mother's) spouse) - I wouldn't think that the sponsor would need to fill it out - but perhaps someone else has another insight?! It would be interesting to hear, because I'm just in the process of finishing all editing of my texts/forms, and hope I didn't miss anything.

andydandy said:
Also, if we don't send in the medical check with the application, can we send it in later while we are waiting for the application to be processed, or will we have to wait until they request it? We'd like to submit the application as soon as possible, rather than wait until the medical check is finished before sending in the application, but would like to do the medical check before they request it, so that there are less delays.

Thanks!
You will be asked to submit the medical exam at a later stage if you don't submit it now. As far as I understand, they will request it (on the web it says "wait until your application is reviewed and medical instructions are provided to you by the immigration office.") . I found a doctor from the panel list who gave me an appointment within a couple of days, so I did my medical exam upfront (I'm in Toronto). The exam itself took less than 2 hours. Now when I submit my application, I have to add the confirmation I received when I completed the exam.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
hello folks,

Those of you who are residents of Ontario, have pilot OWP there is good news: we are eligible for OHIP!
I've just got back from service Ontario (Ottawa, City Hall) with the confirmation I was eligible.

I needed to present 5 things:
-Proof of address: eg tenant agreement, bank statement arrived to current address, etc
-Work visa
-letter of employment
-document w/ my signature on it: I used my passport
-OHIP application form: this can be picked up at the city hall or downloaded from Service Ontario website

As for the pilot OWP I have, they could not care less if it is case type 20 or 27, they entered my immigration status in the system as : Foreign worker open permit
As for my letter of employment it did say it is permanent and full-time employment (they are looking for the guarantee that employment is for longer than 6 month).

It takes 90 days to get the health coverage and the OHIP card itself however they did not start counting the 90 days since my application date (Sept 9), but from the start of my employment date which is earlier (Sept 1) :)

The overall experience was that they were superhelpful and very efficient and I am a happy camper now!:D

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
GG_wife said:
hello folks,

Those of you who are residents of Ontario, have pilot OWP there is good news: we are eligible for OHIP!
I've just got back from service Ontario (Ottawa, City Hall) with the confirmation I was eligible.

I needed to present 5 things:
-Proof of address: eg tenant agreement, bank statement arrived to current address, etc
-Work visa
-letter of employment
-document w/ my signature on it: I used my passport
-OHIP application form: this can be picked up at the city hall or downloaded from Service Ontario website

As for the pilot OWP I have, they could not care less if it is case type 20 or 27, they entered my immigration status in the system as : Foreign worker open permit
As for my letter of employment it did say it is permanent and full-time employment (they are looking for the guarantee that employment is for longer than 6 month).

It takes 90 days to get the health coverage and the OHIP card itself however they did not start counting the 90 days since my application date (Sept 9), but from the start of my employment date which is earlier (Sept 1) :)

The overall experience was that they were superhelpful and very efficient and I am a happy camper now!:D
Can anyone find verbiage regarding the requirement change so I can quote it locally?

Also, are you actually a foreign worker who also happens to have a pilot work permit, or are you strictly family class + pilot?

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
>>>>Reposting on this Thread<<<<
Hi Guys,

Im on my Open Work Permit (with Spousal Pending PR). We`ve applied Spousal Sponsorship PR last February 18, 2015 and received AOR May 28, 2015. I`ve also Applied for Visit Visa Extension March 2015 and received it May 21, 2015 there was a remark on the document that says `MUST UNDERGO IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITHIN 30 DAYS, MEDICAL FORMS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED SEPERATELY. I phoned the CIC July 2, 2015 and they told me that the CIC forgot to send the medical forms so she follow it up but up until now i haven`t receive any forms i`ve phoned many times and they said to wait for 3 months. Is this true?

And also i will be renewing my passport and will be changing my last name to my Married name would it affect my application or is there anything i have to do. The agent that i was talking a while ago is not really helpful he told me he doesn`t know what should i do. I am very disappointed i`ve waited on the phone for 20 minutes for nothing. Hope you can help.

Thank you:)

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
GustavesF said:
Can anyone find verbiage regarding the requirement change so I can quote it locally?

Also, are you actually a foreign worker who also happens to have a pilot work permit, or are you strictly family class + pilot?
I am strictly family class + pilot.

what is the requirement change you are looking for?

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
GustavesF said:

Service Ontario FAQ says this: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

Are open work permit holders and/or participants in Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Post-Graduation Work Permit Program affected by the regulation change?

Open work permit holders (including those in CIC’s Post-Graduation Work Permit Program) may be eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage provided they are employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of six months, have a valid work permit during this time, and they:

maintain their primary place of residence in Ontario; and are
physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period; and are
physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province.

Further information on the changes concerning Temporary Foreign Workers can be found on a fact sheet entitled “Temporary Foreign Workers”.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

this one also only mentions work permit (no case type specification)

I do not know where you live, but it seems your service Ontario is a headache, maybe Ottawa is worth a trip...?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
GG_wife said:
Service Ontario FAQ says this: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

Are open work permit holders and/or participants in Citizenship and Immigration Canada's Post-Graduation Work Permit Program affected by the regulation change?

Open work permit holders (including those in CIC's Post-Graduation Work Permit Program) may be eligible for Ontario health insurance coverage provided they are employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of six months, have a valid work permit during this time, and they:

maintain their primary place of residence in Ontario; and are
physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period; and are
physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province.

Further information on the changes concerning Temporary Foreign Workers can be found on a fact sheet entitled “Temporary Foreign Workers”.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf

this one also only mentions work permit (no case type specification)

I do not know where you live, but it seems your service Ontario is a headache, maybe Ottawa is worth a trip...?
It seems more likely that you simply got a Service Canada worker who didn't know what they were doing, and accidentally gave you OHIP.
Not sure how that works, since they forward the request to Ontario Health, who does the final approval.

That file you linked to is 3 years old, much older than the March decision to ruin the lives of type 27's.

I brought that exact FAQ with me, with those line items highlighted. They words they draw attention to after looking at the FAQ is the phrase "MAY be eligible" not "IS be eligible", and the fine print stating that the FAQ is a guideline to help applicants, but the final authority is the office which can use whatever rules it wants.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ZeGerman2015 said:
Hi there,

We're just in the process of finalizing the application.

all my official documents are either already in English/French or I have had them translated.

There are some of my flight itineraries / tickets to events though, that are in my mother tongue (German). Just curious whether I would need to have these professionally translated.

My thoughts are that flight itineraries are really just the dates that matter, and not any other information (such as "travel tips", "hotel recommendations") for the trips - do I really need to have them translated?

Thanks a lot!
You can highlight the dates and the cities and maybe put a note that this proves your visit, or your travel together. You don't need to translate the whole thing.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
tinabenamer said:
>>>>Reposting on this Thread<<<<
Hi Guys,

Im on my Open Work Permit (with Spousal Pending PR). We`ve applied Spousal Sponsorship PR last February 18, 2015 and received AOR May 28, 2015. I`ve also Applied for Visit Visa Extension March 2015 and received it May 21, 2015 there was a remark on the document that says `MUST UNDERGO IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION WITHIN 30 DAYS, MEDICAL FORMS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED SEPERATELY. I phoned the CIC July 2, 2015 and they told me that the CIC forgot to send the medical forms so she follow it up but up until now i haven`t receive any forms i`ve phoned many times and they said to wait for 3 months. Is this true?

And also i will be renewing my passport and will be changing my last name to my Married name would it affect my application or is there anything i have to do. The agent that i was talking a while ago is not really helpful he told me he doesn`t know what should i do. I am very disappointed i`ve waited on the phone for 20 minutes for nothing. Hope you can help.

Thank you:)
You can make an appointment with any CIC approved physicians and do your medicals as it was upfront.
See this post regarding your other question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.so0w12663mq9

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
sophieee said:
You can make an appointment with any CIC approved physicians and do your medicals as it was upfront.
See this post regarding your other question:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.so0w12663mq9

Hi Sophiee,

Im just curious. So it is okay not to wait for medical forms and just do an upfront Medical exam and send it to them? Becuase i thought it only applies to those who has not submitted their application yet. Than you so much for your help.

km9203

Aug 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2016 OWP 30-09-2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Arrrrgh saw today on the CIC website that inland processing time has gone up to 27 months. I really hope it isn't that long :eek: