Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
iamvelai said:
Hi Forum members,

I would like to ask for your help as I am so confused on what I need to next.

My daughter and I has a multiple visa and our stay will expire on Sept 4 cause we entered Canada on March 4. But our visas were valid until 2019.
I recently received my OWP on August 26. And we will travel soon to visit family back home.
My questions are:

1. Do I need to extend my stay to be able for me to travel?
2. If yes, would it still be ok since I only have few days left to apply for extension? (our 6-month stay will end on Sept4)
3. My recent conversation with CIC reps told me that I no longer need to extend my stay because of my work permit, if this is correct(I am sorry, trust issues with call center reps cause they are giving different answers everytime I call them), what should I need to do with my daughter's? extend her stay or apply for TRV since it has longer validity? and for her TRV, that should be Student permit?
4. To save money, is my OWP and multiple visa are good enough to re-enter Canada in case I visit my family back home?
5. How about my daughter, can she just use her multiple visa to re-enter Canada without doing anything to extend her stay or apply her a TRV?

Just to add, my husband will accompany us during our out of Canada trip. I am not sure if this will guarantee a re-entry in anyways.

Thank you :)
Now you have valid status until your OWP is valid, so you don't need to do anything until the validity date of the OWP. But you have to apply for visitor extension for your daughter, and CIC needs to receive the documents before Sep 4. You can do it online. You can apply for visitor permit too, but it's a little bit complicated, so I would suggest to apply for a visitor extension now, and if she wants to study, then apply for a study permit. But do not rely on the implied status of the study permit application, because it can be easier denied than a visitor permit. If she lives the country and enters Canada again, than she is good to go for another 6 months without extension.
If you both have a multiple entry visa until 2019, than you don't need to apply for a new one.
There is always certain risk when entering Canada, even if just a tiny one, but there is always a possibility that you will be denied entry (before you become a PR). It's always good that your husband accompany you, seems to lessen the risk.

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
km9203 said:
That's great!

We sent our application beginning July and waiting to hear back from CIC that they have received it. How long did it take from you sending it to CIC notifying you that they received it? Or when you say 'received' do you mean that it was couriered?

Thanks
Hi,

Yes, 'received' means the date CIC received the application as I have tracked in canadapost.
Sorry for the confusion. Also, another mistake was, we received AOR on August 8.

thanks,

iamvelai

Aug 28, 2015
sophieee said:
Now you have valid status until your OWP is valid, so you don't need to do anything until the validity date of the OWP. But you have to apply for visitor extension for your daughter, and CIC needs to receive the documents before Sep 4. You can do it online. You can apply for visitor permit too, but it's a little bit complicated, so I would suggest to apply for a visitor extension now, and if she wants to study, then apply for a study permit. But do not rely on the implied status of the study permit application, because it can be easier denied than a visitor permit. If she lives the country and enters Canada again, than she is good to go for another 6 months without extension.
If you both have a multiple entry visa until 2019, than you don't need to apply for a new one.
There is always certain risk when entering Canada, even if just a tiny one, but there is always a possibility that you will be denied entry (before you become a PR). It's always good that your husband accompany you, seems to lessen the risk.
That clarifies Sophieee. Thank you so much. Now applying online.
Can you kindly also update my info. AOR received is on August 8, not July 8.
Sorry :)

thanks

Chayo

Aug 14, 2015
sophieee said:
Congrats! :)
I doesn't seem to find you on the sheet... When was your app received?
Hi Sophie,

The complete information would be: :)

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......: June 16, 2015
AOR Received.: Aug 22, 2015

Thank you

katbalou99

Aug 29, 2015
Hello,

I just have one question.. Do we need to do footprint for inland sponsorship (FRANCE)?
I'm lost on cic website ... Is it for some country or all country. ?

Thanks,
Catherine

Family Sponsorship (France)
Application sent: June 8, 2015
Application received : August 14, 2015
No medical sent
Police check sent

MarioPavlovich

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Doc's Request.
Additional Doc/Proof of relationship requested in Oct/2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront in June/2016
Interview........
January 17 /2017
LANDED..........
January 17 /2017
eCas finally works again ,but this time only on my spouse infos. They replaced her old information with new . I guess i was panicking without reason... :)

One question guys. My wife got sponsored by her mother who is Canadian citizen 3 years ago as dependent kid ( she was 16) to become PR and she became one in 2013(still is). Can that affect our application somehow?
Or that sponsorship bar is only for people who were already sponsored to become PR by their spouses and they have that 5 year ban of sponsoring someone else when they get divorced? CiC website kinda confuses me..

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
mirko86 said:
Any advice?Thanks :)
It's because CIC hasn't updated your info into the ecas system.. It'll show up soon..and if you've received AOR, you don't have to worry.. I received my decision made letter recently, but my ECAS is not showing it.. :)

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hi everyone!

I have a question
Do I need to extend my visitor visa if I've received an open work permit? Or will the work permit alone be enough for implied status until a decision is made? The open work permit is good for 2 years and the visitor visa expires this December.

Thank you!

mirko86

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
hwanlj said:
It's because CIC hasn't updated your info into the ecas system.. It'll show up soon..and if you've received AOR, you don't have to worry.. I received my decision made letter recently, but my ECAS is not showing it.. :)
We got AOR and UCI number on the letter but when i put her or my info nothing hapend,we will wait thanks :)

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
mirko86 said:
We got AOR and UCI number on the letter but when i put her or my info nothing hapend,we will wait thanks :)
Hi.

I have few questions guys. I hope you can help me.

I submitted tourist visa extension may 26, and current was expired jun 26. No reply until now from Cic. Same with opw & inland application. Submitted july 16 received by tracking at cic july 20. No confirmation also from CIC. What should i do? Or where to call?

Second, while waiting for CIC, my husband and i are thinking of bringing our kids under visitors visa for Christmas then apply inland for them? Or is it automatic they are included in my application?

Thank you very much. And inputs will help.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candy_lite said:
Hi.

I have few questions guys. I hope you can help me.

I submitted tourist visa extension may 26, and current was expired jun 26. No reply until now from Cic. Same with opw & inland application. Submitted july 16 received by tracking at cic july 20. No confirmation also from CIC. What should i do? Or where to call?

Second, while waiting for CIC, my husband and i are thinking of bringing our kids under visitors visa for Christmas then apply inland for them? Or is it automatic they are included in my application?

Thank you very much. And inputs will help.
did you put all the kids information along with your application? you should have application forms for them along with yours and mention if they are accompanying or not.

there aren't inland application for kids. they are supposed to be added as dependents.

Dadashanz

Aug 30, 2015
Hi All,

I have been reading forums and the website for quite a while now and am still confused on one detail, hopefully someone can provide some clarity!

I am a Canadian citizen who wants to sponsor my US spouse. We would prefer to apply inland as we would like to be together sooner than later, but having a hard time wrapping my head around status.

How would she be living with me prior to applying? From what I understand, she will be turned away at the border if she doesn't have sufficient ties to the US, but how would she keep a job and why would we pay for two residences if she is applying for pr inland? Does this way of applying always assume there is something else attached such as a TWP or study permit?

Border won't seem to let her cross without ties, so even though she doesn't require a visit visa, she can't legally cross as a visitor either? It seems to me that if she isn't here as a worker or student then it is impossible for her to be living with me in the first place to apply inland.....or have I missed something?

I would really appreciate someone helping out a little!!!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dadashanz said:
Hi All,

I have been reading forums and the website for quite a while now and am still confused on one detail, hopefully someone can provide some clarity!

I am a Canadian citizen who wants to sponsor my US spouse. We would prefer to apply inland as we would like to be together sooner than later, but having a hard time wrapping my head around status.

How would she be living with me prior to applying? From what I understand, she will be turned away at the border if she doesn't have sufficient ties to the US, but how would she keep a job and why would we pay for two residences if she is applying for pr inland? Does this way of applying always assume there is something else attached such as a TWP or study permit?

Border won't seem to let her cross without ties, so even though she doesn't require a visit visa, she can't legally cross as a visitor either? It seems to me that if she isn't here as a worker or student then it is impossible for her to be living with me in the first place to apply inland.....or have I missed something?

I would really appreciate someone helping out a little!!!
apply outland for US citizens. you will get PR within 10 months. she can stay with you while applying outland, thats not an issue. inland will take 2 years to complete. at the border, she should say that she is visiting her husband and that she has a PR in progress. tell border agent that she will leave within 6 months. have a return ticket ready if needed. can always buy a cheap greyhound ticket if possible. once in, try to maintain legal status by applying for visitor extension after 4-5 months.