OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
insonoro said:
Hello guys! First time I am writing here but I have been following you for a while!
I have few questions, on the spread sheet it says day that CIC receives your app:

this is based on the day we send it by mail or the day that says on canada post that was delivered?

Anybody got AOR From May 6th??

everyone who applied INLAND 2015 is getting OWP withing 4 months??

Once we get the OWP are we aloud to leave Canada? Or we need to wait till AIP IS RECEIVED??

thank you guys
Hi insonoro!

Cic says the owp should be processed within 4 months - so far people are getting in 1-5 months. The owp doesn't authorize to re-enter Canada, but if you are from a visa exempt country you usually shouldn't have any problems - it is your own risk though.

And the date is based on the day cic receives your application, not the day you've submitted it. Hope this helps.

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MariMari7 said:
Can you please share when CIC received your application?

Thanks
The application was received back by CIC today in the morning.

Apanna

Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Johninsask said:
Good that progress is being made Apanna. According to the spreadsheet CIC got my application the day after yours [that's May5th that Apanna's was receive, marimari7]. Here's hoping we can all work soon.
I hope you will hear from them soon!

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Apanna said:
I hope you will hear from them soon!
I meant when did you send originally?

PSTSC

Jul 9, 2015
kuriositty said:
I was trying to call them today as I can never seem to get through because its always busy and then when I finally do my call fails because I have very poor reception where I am currently living, but anyway I guess it doesn't really pay for me to call CIC to find out anything about the OWP if they haven't told you anything. I was hoping that they could at least see if it was in process or if it has already been processed and its just in the mail, but I see they are as helpful as a holey umbrella.
The best tip we can give you when calling CIC is to choose the French option. The wait time is about 5 minutes and the person answering will answer the call in english and french. Although we can speak both, we speak English with the agent :)

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Hi sophieee!

Could you add some info to the spreadsheet:

CSQ requested: 08-07-2015

wifedoctor

Apr 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
02-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
ana2903 said:
Hello!

I really need some counselling, as I am feeling lost, nervous and desperate :-X

Back in April 29th, I applied for a PR Card + OWP. All set and perfect. BUT a few hours after mailing the package, I got a receipt from CIC on my e-mail and, turns out, I was supposed to send that receipt, not the browser receipt I got when I first paid for the PR/OWP. Needless to say, the application got returned two months later. I received it yesterday – July 4th.

The problem is that I was allowed to stay in Canada legally until June 22nd (6 months after I landed here for the last time) and that means that I am now illegal here. I had implied status so that was not a problem, but now that I got the application returned, I am assuming I am not in implied status anymore. (Am I right?)

Now, I don't know how to proceed about this.

From what I gather, I need to apply for the restoration of visa status - visitor before applying for the new PR and OWP? Can I just pay the fee for the restoration and send it all back to them at once?

The forms for the application are stamped as received in April 30th. Can I just send it back and they will consider that for this period, roughly a week, since they sent it to me and I sent the missing documents to them, that I was still in implied status and thus I am still eligible for this application?

Please, any information that might help and/or calm me down. I'm devastated.
Amazing,

We sent our application which was received on April 29th,
It was returned in the mail as is, the whole package, no letter of explanation.

The only difference was one "post-it" on form 1344, saying "old 1344". That's IT.

It's ridiculous, the PR application and OWP applications returned.

I would've been in the same situation as you, only I applied for extension of my status before my work permit expired in June, I now have a temporary resident permit - whatever that is.

I am so demoralized I probably won't apply again and let the express entry application run its course. Although I'm pessimistic and I'm sure it will get rejected in a few weeks too.

So frustrated.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Hello Guy I just got AOR this morning with the old forms as I did not realized they were updated!
we filled the app 5th of May and Today we got AOR.

people who got application back got the AOR and then the app was send back?or just app send back?

Thanks you

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
insonoro said:
Hello Guy I just got AOR this morning with the old forms as I did not realized they were updated!
we filled the app 5th of May and Today we got AOR.

people who got application back got the AOR and then the app was send back?or just app send back?

Thanks you
[/quote

When did you get your AOR? and when did you get the application back? Dates?

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
I did not get the application back yet!
I've got the AOR on Friday 10th of July.

My question was:
Did anybody get back the app after receiving the AOR?

I am worried they will send it back as I think one of forms was out-dated

Nomad Nicol

Jul 13, 2015
Hello all, first time poster!

I'm currently in Calgary on my IEC that started in January, I'm living with my Canadian common law partner who I met in New Zealand. I'm from Scotland.

I'd got it in my head a few months ago that we'd apply for the outland spousal PR along with the pilot open work permit and I believed that I had to do this once I was into my last 4 months of my IEC.

Fortunately we decided to make sure of this now in order to get everything together to apply and I've discovered that I was very much mistaken with my previous assumptions!

We want to stay in the country and continue to work, I'm in an unskilled temp job and my employer are considering taking me on directly.

From what I can gather from the wealth of confusing information on CIC and from the helpful FAQ and posts on here along with britishexpats I think that I have to apply for the open work permit along with an inland spousal PR so that I can stay and work in the country.

Am I right, am I allowed to move to this pilot visa from an IEC, I was getting a bit confused with the whole implied status thing which I take to mean that I can't continue to work between my IEC expiring and my OWP being issued?

I would require to get Police Checks from Australia, NZ & UK as well as my medical certs. As I think I require the OWP most urgently, I should just get this in along with the PR rather than wait to gather everything and risk my IEC expiring.

I'm a little confused by how to apply for the pilot OWP. I see the link on the FAQ that leads me to this page

Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker

but the pilot page with the info on Dec 22nd only has a link to the work permit application page which when I say I'm in Canada gives me this heading

This application package is for applicants in Canada:

and contains the form
Application for Work Permit Made Outside Canada [IMM 1295] (PDF, 343.25 KB) April 2015
Confusing much! ???

So yeah, I'm thinking this post is a bit of a clutter, sorry about that. I guess what I'm asking is...

1) To continue working in Canada beyond my IEC do I need to obtain a pilot OWP while simultaneously applying for the inland sponsorship PR?
2) Where exactly do I get the information to apply for the pilot OWP?
3) Why do they make it so complicated, lost enough of my hair getting my IEC!? (rhetorical, kinda!)

Thank you again to all the people who take the time out to help those in need. Proper heroes!

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
Hello guys. I got the owp today. We submitted the app package last march 10 and the owp was sent back last june 6 due to insufficient payment. Luckily they processed it right away and issued the work permit last july 8. So for those who had their docs sent back maybe you will get yours soon as well. Goodluck..

b4bow

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2015 In progress starting on 09-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-01-2016, 1st OWP 11-09-2015, 2nd OWP 11-01-2016
File Transfer...
Three requests from CIC asking for police certificate, resubmission of forms and proof of cohabitatiion/relationship docs
Med's Done....
14-03-2015
Interview........
23-09-2016
LANDED..........
23-09-2016
Getting nervous now when I knew that the May 5th application by Apanna had received AOR. mine was received on May 8th, hope to get a positive feedback soon. Fingers crossed.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2015/04/10.

I was given a UCI # and when I logged in today it said processing began May 10th, 2015.