+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

NZjosh

Sep 29, 2013
kimzie said:
Hello guys. I got the owp today. We submitted the app package last march 10 and the owp was sent back last june 6 due to insufficient payment. Luckily they processed it right away and issued the work permit last july 8. So for those who had their docs sent back maybe you will get yours soon as well. Goodluck..
Great news kimzie! Does the work
Permit come by mail or email?

Johninsask

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-09-2016
b4bow said:
Getting nervous now when I knew that the May 5th application by Apanna had received AOR. mine was received on May 8th, hope to get a positive feedback soon. Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't dwell on this. My app was received on May 6th and I don't have AOR either. I suspect plenty of people who applied after I did will receive their AOR and OWP before I do, and I suspect I'll receive my AOR and OWP before people who applied before I did. Hell, my entire application might be on its way back to me right now with nothing more than a post-it note attached! That would suck. Then again, we might get OWPs ten minutes from now and *never* receive our AOR.

Don't be nervous. Your AOR and OWP will come soon enough. Good luck! ;D

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
My app was recieved on may 6th and my partner received the AOR on my behalf on friday 11th!

Our forms where out-dated but nothing came back on the mail for now, so i don't really now how they do it!!

Fingers crossed and hoping everything goes fast!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Nomad Nicol said:
Hello all, first time poster!

I'm currently in Calgary on my IEC that started in January, I'm living with my Canadian common law partner who I met in New Zealand. I'm from Scotland.

I'd got it in my head a few months ago that we'd apply for the outland spousal PR along with the pilot open work permit and I believed that I had to do this once I was into my last 4 months of my IEC.

Fortunately we decided to make sure of this now in order to get everything together to apply and I've discovered that I was very much mistaken with my previous assumptions!

We want to stay in the country and continue to work, I'm in an unskilled temp job and my employer are considering taking me on directly.

From what I can gather from the wealth of confusing information on CIC and from the helpful FAQ and posts on here along with britishexpats I think that I have to apply for the open work permit along with an inland spousal PR so that I can stay and work in the country.

Am I right, am I allowed to move to this pilot visa from an IEC, I was getting a bit confused with the whole implied status thing which I take to mean that I can't continue to work between my IEC expiring and my OWP being issued?

I would require to get Police Checks from Australia, NZ & UK as well as my medical certs. As I think I require the OWP most urgently, I should just get this in along with the PR rather than wait to gather everything and risk my IEC expiring.

I'm a little confused by how to apply for the pilot OWP. I see the link on the FAQ that leads me to this page

Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada as a Worker

but the pilot page with the info on Dec 22nd only has a link to the work permit application page which when I say I'm in Canada gives me this heading

This application package is for applicants in Canada:

and contains the form
Confusing much! ???

So yeah, I'm thinking this post is a bit of a clutter, sorry about that. I guess what I'm asking is...

1) To continue working in Canada beyond my IEC do I need to obtain a pilot OWP while simultaneously applying for the inland sponsorship PR?
2) Where exactly do I get the information to apply for the pilot OWP?
3) Why do they make it so complicated, lost enough of my hair getting my IEC!? (rhetorical, kinda!)

Thank you again to all the people who take the time out to help those in need. Proper heroes!
You have two choices:
1. Apply inland, you will most likely get your OWP in 3-4 months. I'm afraid implied status won't allow you to work if you currently have an IEC, but if you started in January you'll have enough time to get the OWP before your IEC expires. If nothing changes (it always changes...) you can become a PR in one and a half year.
2. Apply outland, you won't be able to apply for OWP, but you can become a PR in 4-9 months. With some luck you can become a PR via outland sooner than you would get your OWP with the inland...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kYJ0Xo_jHLeArkCVeicZyqIE8YLpnZqVJlFrnpmKMx0/edit#gid=396125530

If you decide to go inland with the OWP, use these forms:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp
The link on the delivery update page has changed, but it was pointing to these forms and all of us used these forms for the pilot program with no problem.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
From IEC to PR you get implied status if you apply before IEC expires!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insonoro said:
From IEC to PR you get implied status if you apply before IEC expires!
Yes, as a visitor.

As sophieee pointed out, it doesn't give you authority to continue working.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
sorry to say that, but you are wrong! I have implied status and I have the right to work! I made sure that was right all the info I had from CIC, and they all said the same!

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
That's the mail I received from Immigration,

It says that if applicable I should stop working but they all said that I can keep working!

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g., for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an implied status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit only if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying, if applicable, before the expiry date of your permit.

If you leave Canada while under implied status, you may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

As a TR, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved*. This applies to you, among other things, if:
are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
held a valid multiple-entry visa upon your return to Canada, or
you have travelled only to the United States** and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon and return to Canada before your status as a visitor, student or worker expires; and
the officer at the port of entry is satisfied that you have sufficient means of support,
As a worker or student, if the officer determines that your application to extend your work/study permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
If you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.
For more information on implied status, please consult our website.

* You will not be permitted to work/study until you receive your new permit.
** Including its Territories and Possessions.

The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our website to ensure that you have the most current information.

I would also like to suggest other online services that you might find helpful:
Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre to find answers to your questions

Nadia
Agent #3769
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insonoro said:
sorry to say that, but you are wrong! I have implied status and I have the right to work! I made sure that was right all the info I had from CIC, and they all said the same!

Look at the part that says that you can continue working under the same conditions of your expired work permit. Since the IEC cannot be extended...most people stop working. The letters that CIC send out are pretty vague and most of the Call Centre staff don't even know how the OWP for an Inland applicant really works, when it comes to `implied status'...especially for those with IEC or PGWP.

Just search this forum and you'll find plenty of discussion about this, where 99% of people say that you shouldn't continue working.

Good luck!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insonoro said:
That's the mail I received from Immigration,

It says that if applicable I should stop working but they all said that I can keep working!

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Holder of expired work permit - Implied status

You can work in Canada without a work permit if you applied for a new work permit before your most recent work permit expired.

Please note that you can continue working under the conditions of the expired work permit (e.g., for the same employer), until a decision is made. This is called implied status. Once the decision is made, you will either have to leave Canada or you will be able to stay in Canada as a worker.

Implied status - Temporary resident

If you send your application for an extension of your authorization to remain in Canada at the latest on the expiry date of your status, you will be considered in status as a temporary resident (TR) until a decision is made on the application. This is known as an implied status.

If you hold a work permit or a study permit, you can continue working or studying under the conditions of your previous permit only if you have applied to extend your stay in Canada under the same category. However, if you have applied to extend your stay under another category, you must stop working or studying, if applicable, before the expiry date of your permit.

You have submitted an OWP connected to your Inland sponsorship application. This is NOT the same category as your IEC work permit!

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
I wasn't planning to keep working but officers told me that I was aloud so I did it!

I also went to NYC on implied status and on my way back I had the same answer!and I am not the only one with that answer but you never know, every officer or agent says something diferent but thank you for the info.

I just decided to to what the officers told me instead of doing what people says in the groups.

I might be working illegaly but I will have to wait to find it out!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insonoro said:
I wasn't planning to keep working but officers told me that I was aloud so I did it!

I also went to NYC on implied status and on my way back I had the same answer!and I am not the only one with that answer but you never know, every officer or agent says something diferent but thank you for the info.

I just decided to to what the officers told me instead of doing what people says in the groups.

I might be working illegaly but I will have to wait to find it out!

When you left Canada, your implied status ended. Fortunately, you were allowed to re-enter, which means that you now have regular/legal status again.

The bad news is...you are more than likely now working illegally.

insonoro

Jul 6, 2015
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississagua
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/05/2015
AOR Received.
10/07/2015
Ponga the officer told me that I will lose the implied status if I leave North america.
He said that I still on implied status as I did not get any stamp on my passport.

I ask him several times about my status and he said that I still being on implied status.

Why would he say that if is not true?
That is crazy and impossible to know who is right or not!

So what would you do?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
insonoro said:
Ponga the officer told me that I will lose the implied status if I leave North america.
He said that I still on implied status as I did not get any stamp on my passport.

I ask him several times about my status and he said that I still being on implied status.
Well, I've never heard that (which doesn't mean much I suppose), but if that is true, those with implied status that want to visit the U.S., or even Mexico could do so without ANY fear of being denied re-entry into Canada, right?

*shrug*

JoyG

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Sophie,
I'm a temporary resident in Canada right now on post graduation work permit, which is going to expire on Aug 8, 2015. I have filed my inland sponsorship application on Feb 15, 2015 and received the AOR on April 20,2015. I did not send an OWP application with my PR application, rather sent a separate OWP on June 1,2015.
Now my question is:
1) Do you receive a confirmation from CIC after they receive your OWP application? Since i haven't received anything so far?
2) i read somewhere in this forum that you're supposed to sent two different fees for the OWP. Is that true? Because i only paid $155 for the work permit extension. I'm pretty sure when i called the immigration call centre, they said this is the only fee I need to pay?

I'm really hoping to receive my OWP on time :( Please advise.

Thanks in advance