CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
kimzie said:
No news yet about the OWP. the nearest would be montana. but if you are flagpoling, you can't travel by plane until you get your PR card. you can travel by land to the US though. so if you really wanna go home once you get your visa, then do it. upon arrival it is the same thing, you will be a landed immigrant
Thank you kimzie please let me know once you get your OPW coz we have the same situation. Thank you again.

Jamarns

Feb 8, 2015
Coquitlam, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2015
AOR Received.
25-05-2015
Hey Sophieee just thought I'd let you know I got my OWP today and it was issued by CIC on the 24th of June, valid for two years, can you please add that information to the spreadsheet for me? Thank you =)

missshishi

Jul 2, 2015
hi guys, this question has probably been answered here but i'm not sure, I'm new to this forum and i really would appreciate any advise you can give me. I am currently on family sponsor(other relative). My application was received by Mississauga on 1st May and i'm still waiting to hear from them however, it does state online they have received the application including medicals. My question are, do I qualify to apply work permit through family sponsor(other relatives) or is this just for spouse sponsors? I have been residing here in Canada for the last two yrs by renewing my status,I am a British citizen. Does anyone know how long it take to process the permanent residence (British citizen) since there is no time indicating on CIC website? I understand if I go back home it could affect my application since its inland and no grantee of coming back. Thanks for your help.

candy_lite

Sep 10, 2011
tinabenamer said:
Hi Ponga,

Finally, I got a hold of them today, and the agent told me that she already contacted the Immigration on my behalf and they will send me the forms so i can do the medical exam and she said that i don't have to worry about that cause it the immigration's delay. And with regards to my OWP it will be around August 10 the latest. Finger Crossed :)

I will keep you updated. Thanks so much for helping me.

Its me again,

I just want to ask for inland, if its correct. Owp, sponsorship application & pr application all goes to cpc-m mississauga?

Thanks a lot.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
candy_lite said:
Its me again,

I just want to ask for inland, if its correct. Owp, sponsorship application & pr application all goes to cpc-m mississauga?

Thanks a lot.
Yes

kervz

Feb 7, 2015
Hi,

Can i ask what are the forms to be used for OWP to be attached on inland applications? If you can give the link please thank you because i am confused, i entered Canada using tourist visa.

Thank you.

ana2903

Jul 5, 2015
Hello!

I really need some counselling, as I am feeling lost, nervous and desperate :-X

Back in April 29th, I applied for a PR Card + OWP. All set and perfect. BUT a few hours after mailing the package, I got a receipt from CIC on my e-mail and, turns out, I was supposed to send that receipt, not the browser receipt I got when I first paid for the PR/OWP. Needless to say, the application got returned two months later. I received it yesterday – July 4th.

The problem is that I was allowed to stay in Canada legally until June 22nd (6 months after I landed here for the last time) and that means that I am now illegal here. I had implied status so that was not a problem, but now that I got the application returned, I am assuming I am not in implied status anymore. (Am I right?)

Now, I don't know how to proceed about this.

From what I gather, I need to apply for the restoration of visa status - visitor before applying for the new PR and OWP? Can I just pay the fee for the restoration and send it all back to them at once?

The forms for the application are stamped as received in April 30th. Can I just send it back and they will consider that for this period, roughly a week, since they sent it to me and I sent the missing documents to them, that I was still in implied status and thus I am still eligible for this application?

Please, any information that might help and/or calm me down. I'm devastated.

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
Based on your story, it seems to me you are now out of status.

If you would re-send the package, you can stay in Canada, but you would have to wait to Approval In Principle (AIP) before you would be eligible for OWP, currently that takes around 12-16 months for most people inland.

In my opinion you should apply for restoration of status first, you have 90 days to do this after your previous status expired. That would roughly be the 22nd of September as a deadline. Make sure you have done this at least 30 days before the window closes, which would be the 22nd of August.

After your status has been restored, then you should re-apply for PR+OWP. Given that your status will be restored, which is not a certainty, after applying for PR+OWP you should have the OWP 4 months later.

In the case your status will not be restored you might want to consider leaving Canada briefly to go on holiday or back home for like a week and then return to Canada again with a new passport stamp for 6 months, if you are from a visa-exempt country, meaning you will be in status again. At the border going out (and maybe even when coming back in) you might need to explain why you overstayed, but it seems you have enough proof to do so.

The other option in this case is just re-apply, wait for AIP, have basically no income of your own for 12-16 months and then get the OWP.

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
missshishi said:
hi guys, this question has probably been answered here but i'm not sure, I'm new to this forum and i really would appreciate any advise you can give me. I am currently on family sponsor(other relative). My application was received by Mississauga on 1st May and i'm still waiting to hear from them however, it does state online they have received the application including medicals. My question are, do I qualify to apply work permit through family sponsor(other relatives) or is this just for spouse sponsors? I have been residing here in Canada for the last two yrs by renewing my status,I am a British citizen. Does anyone know how long it take to process the permanent residence (British citizen) since there is no time indicating on CIC website? I understand if I go back home it could affect my application since its inland and no grantee of coming back. Thanks for your help.
Hello,
According to CIC website spouses only: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

GG_wife

Feb 9, 2015
kervz said:
Hi,

Can i ask what are the forms to be used for OWP to be attached on inland applications? If you can give the link please thank you because i am confused, i entered Canada using tourist visa.

Thank you.
Use these links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

FAQ http://goo.gl/yPWcrr

ana2903

Jul 5, 2015
danny87 said:
Based on your story, it seems to me you are now out of status.

If you would re-send the package, you can stay in Canada, but you would have to wait to Approval In Principle (AIP) before you would be eligible for OWP, currently that takes around 12-16 months for most people inland.

In my opinion you should apply for restoration of status first, you have 90 days to do this after your previous status expired. That would roughly be the 22nd of September as a deadline. Make sure you have done this at least 30 days before the window closes, which would be the 22nd of August.

After your status has been restored, then you should re-apply for PR+OWP. Given that your status will be restored, which is not a certainty, after applying for PR+OWP you should have the OWP 4 months later.

In the case your status will not be restored you might want to consider leaving Canada briefly to go on holiday or back home for like a week and then return to Canada again with a new passport stamp for 6 months, if you are from a visa-exempt country, meaning you will be in status again. At the border going out (and maybe even when coming back in) you might need to explain why you overstayed, but it seems you have enough proof to do so.

The other option in this case is just re-apply, wait for AIP, have basically no income of your own for 12-16 months and then get the OWP.
Hello Danny87! Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking: Can I send the Restoration of Visa + PR + OWP at the same time to Mississauga? And then they could process the Restoration first, then they run the PR/OWP themselves? Because for the Restoration of Visa it is supposed to be sent to Vegreville.

But your method seem to be the most secure. It's such a tease because they have everything stamped proving that I sent it while I was legal...

Do we have any idea on how long the restoration would take?

danny87

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
03-03-2015
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 08-07-2015, Received 24-08-2015
AOR Received.
29-03-2015 + 07-05-2015 & OWP rec'd: 19-05-2015, SA: 17-03-2016 & DM: 18-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront, extended for 1yr by CIC
Med's Done....
26-11-2014
Interview........
Inland
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT
LANDED..........
03-05-2016
ana2903 said:
Hello Danny87! Thank you for your reply.

I was thinking: Can I send the Restoration of Visa + PR + OWP at the same time to Mississauga? And then they could process the Restoration first, then they run the PR/OWP themselves? Because for the Restoration of Visa it is supposed to be sent to Vegreville.

But your method seem to be the most secure. It's such a tease because they have everything stamped proving that I sent it while I was legal...

Do we have any idea on how long the restoration would take?
I don't think so, since they will then start processing everything at the same time and a restoration of status needs to go to Vegreville, not Mississauga.

I know that sadly enough Mississauga will forward the OWP app to Vegreville as well since that office is the one that issues the OWP's. They do this after checking the PR app and include a letter or note or something with your OWP app that you are eligible for the OWP because you have a VALID STATUS and a PENDING PR APP. So to be eligible for the OWP you need VALID STATUS first, which I think you can only obtain via restoration of status or by leaving and re-entering Canada.

Therefore your OWP will be refused if you submit everything at the same time since at the moment of applying you will be out of status.

To make sure applying for restoration first and then applying for owp+pr after your status has been restored is the way to go, or sending it all at the same time, or leaving and re-entering the country, I would call CIC and ask several agents what the way to go is. Then go with the most consistent answer.

No idea how long restoration takes if it all feasible, since restoration of status is almost never given.

robertofreire

May 14, 2015
ana2903 said:
Hello!

I really need some counselling, as I am feeling lost, nervous and desperate :-X

Back in April 29th, I applied for a PR Card + OWP. All set and perfect. BUT a few hours after mailing the package, I got a receipt from CIC on my e-mail and, turns out, I was supposed to send that receipt, not the browser receipt I got when I first paid for the PR/OWP. Needless to say, the application got returned two months later. I received it yesterday – July 4th.

The problem is that I was allowed to stay in Canada legally until June 22nd (6 months after I landed here for the last time) and that means that I am now illegal here. I had implied status so that was not a problem, but now that I got the application returned, I am assuming I am not in implied status anymore. (Am I right?)

Now, I don't know how to proceed about this.

From what I gather, I need to apply for the restoration of visa status - visitor before applying for the new PR and OWP? Can I just pay the fee for the restoration and send it all back to them at once?

The forms for the application are stamped as received in April 30th. Can I just send it back and they will consider that for this period, roughly a week, since they sent it to me and I sent the missing documents to them, that I was still in implied status and thus I am still eligible for this application?

Please, any information that might help and/or calm me down. I'm devastated.
Ana I think you should:

1 - resend your PR application today
2 - apply for the restoration online (Explain the reason that you miss the extension, include prove you have submitted PR app before + the new PR app)
3 - wait until you get confirmation you PR application was received and your restoration accepted and finalized.
4 - Apply to a new OWP

All the best! Good luck

Favour of God

Aug 20, 2014
Hello all, for everyone that have gotten their OWP through the pilot programme, I will like to know the specific forms to be filled and possibly supporting documentation, fees to be paid. Am August 2014 applicant, currently on PGWP. The link someone sent above , i think is for application made outside of Canada. Thanks to everyone. This forum have been so helpful

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
Favour of God said:
Hello all, for everyone that have gotten their OWP through the pilot programme, I will like to know the specific forms to be filled and possibly supporting documentation, fees to be paid. Am August 2014 applicant, currently on PGWP. The link someone sent above , i think is for application made outside of Canada. Thanks to everyone. This forum have been so helpful
here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp