Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Forlorn said:
Hello, im june 10 2015 inland family sponsor Cpc Mississauga, still didn't have yet AOR, may I know how long take time for AOR or finalize to my paper? please
It hasn't even been a month. AOR takes between 2 and 10 months, and some people never get AOR because CIC is too lazy to send them to everyone.

Source: mine took 10 months.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Hi guys,

I have a question i sent my open work permit April 6, 2015 after PR Spousal application February 18, 2015. I got an acknowledgement receipt for my PR Application April 30, 2015. But i haven't heard any from my Open work permit until now. I got my Visit extension approved on May 20, 2015 which i applied Mar 24, 2015. And there was a remarks: that i must undergo Immigration Medical Exam within 30 days. Medical Forms have been Sent sepeartely but i haven't seen any on the mailbox for the medical forms. What should i do?

Am i expecting letter from Immigration for my medical exam and am i expecting any acknowledgement receipt for my open work permit..

Please help:(

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
tinabenamer said:
Hi guys,

I have a question i sent my open work permit April 6, 2015 after PR Spousal application February 18, 2015. I got an acknowledgement receipt for my PR Application April 30, 2015. But i haven't heard any from my Open work permit until now. I got my Visit extension approved on May 20, 2015 which i applied Mar 24, 2015. And there was a remarks: that i must undergo Immigration Medical Exam within 30 days. Medical Forms have been Sent sepeartely but i haven't seen any on the mailbox for the medical forms. What should i do?

Am i expecting letter from Immigration for my medical exam and am i expecting any acknowledgement receipt for my open work permit..

Please help:(
You don't get any acknowledgement at all for your OWP application.

You also won't get any acknowledgement for your medical forms.
You can try your luck with the call center, but they're useless and will likely just quack into the phone.

Try calling back 5 or 6 times to see if they will admit to having your OWP application and your medical information, even if they claim to check and give you a negative or positive response, they are probably making it up, so it's advisable to call back a few more times to see if you get stories that correlate.

If you don't want to put up with that, go to your MP's office and see if they can check into it for you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
You can try your luck with the call center, but they're useless and will likely just quack into the phone. :p

Try calling back 5 or 6 times to see if they will admit to having your OWP application and your medical information, even if they claim to check and give you a negative or positive response, they are probably making it up, so it's advisable to call back a few more times to see if you get stories that correlate.

If you don't want to put up with that, go to your MP's office and see if they can check into it for you.
The OP has not yet completed the immigration medical for the PR application. S/he should contact CIC and tell them that the medical forms were not attached to the email that s/he received.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
The OP has not yet completed the immigration medical for the PR application. S/he should contact CIC and tell them that the medical forms were not attached to the email that s/he received.
Ah... I was confused. I didn't realize CIC sent out medical forms.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
Ah... I was confused. I didn't realize CIC sent out medical forms.
Yep. They did the same thing to me.

"Please see the attached medical forms and instructions, blah blah blah...", only...there was nothing attached. It took forever (and a day) for them to re-send the original email WITH the attachments.

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Based on the remarks: Medical Forms have been sent separately. So am i expecting another mail fro them? It's more than a month already but still no mail from them

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
tinabenamer said:
Based on the remarks: Medical Forms have been sent separately. So am i expecting another mail fro them? It's more than a month already but still no mail from them

Thanks Ponga :) You're very helpful

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hi guys I just have one question cause don't really have idea what's going to happen. Like lets say I granted SA and if I'm right the next thing after the PPR is to land right? Can I exit Canada go back to my home country took the chance and have a 2 weeks vacation with my sponsor my common law husband and then go back and land as a PR? Please need advice thanks.

Forlorn

Oct 25, 2014
Hello GustavesF, thank u so much for ur reply but as u said it might take 2 to 10 month for AOR so it means for to get open work permit also take time 2 to 10 month ? cause I had submitted my all OWP with all document inland sponsor..
thank u ..

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
dreematt said:
Hi guys I just have one question cause don't really have idea what's going to happen. Like lets say I granted SA and if I'm right the next thing after the PPR is to land right? Can I exit Canada go back to my home country took the chance and have a 2 weeks vacation with my sponsor my common law husband and then go back and land as a PR? Please need advice thanks.
Hi dreematt, if you get approved as Permanent Resident, sometimes they will just issue you a single entry immigrant visa and it's your choice if you wanna go to the border and flagpole or if you wanna go home. some people get some email saying that they have to wait for further instructions, sometimes immigration schedules you for an oath taking kind of thing so you won't have to exit.

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
kimzie said:
Hi dreematt, if you get approved as Permanent Resident, sometimes they will just issue you a single entry immigrant visa and it's your choice if you wanna go to the border and flagpole or if you wanna go home. some people get some email saying that they have to wait for further instructions, sometimes immigration schedules you for an oath taking kind of thing so you won't have to exit.
Thanks kimzie. And how was your OPW app? Do you have it already?

dreematt

Star Member
May 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Is there any borders near Edmonton, Alberta that we can go to the thing that they called to Flagpole?

kimzie

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2015
AOR Received.
1st AOR March 29, 2015; 2nd AOR May 7, 2015
dreematt said:
Is there any borders near Edmonton, Alberta that we can go to the thing that they called to Flagpole?
No news yet about the OWP. the nearest would be montana. but if you are flagpoling, you can't travel by plane until you get your PR card. you can travel by land to the US though. so if you really wanna go home once you get your visa, then do it. upon arrival it is the same thing, you will be a landed immigrant

tinabenamer

Apr 6, 2015
Ponga said:
Yep. They did the same thing to me.

"Please see the attached medical forms and instructions, blah blah blah...", only...there was nothing attached. It took forever (and a day) for them to re-send the original email WITH the attachments.
Hi Ponga,

Finally, I got a hold of them today, and the agent told me that she already contacted the Immigration on my behalf and they will send me the forms so i can do the medical exam and she said that i don't have to worry about that cause it the immigration's delay. And with regards to my OWP it will be around August 10 the latest. Finger Crossed :)

I will keep you updated. Thanks so much for helping me.